I've been to the one in IL a few times. It's different... good time to just hang out with your buddies and drink some beers (good beer menu). I don't go there if I want a serious practice session though.

I wonder how much it takes to open a franchise!! Nothing near Kansas City.

I have been to the one in Virginia plenty of times....mostly in the winter times cause the heaters are nice.

Also, they use to have 'military Monday'...which was a great deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's great to take the wife and my non serious golfing family members. Good food too!

Went to the Dallas location for wife's work function, enjoyed the atmosphere with friends and drinks - the best part.

My uncle lives near the one in VA and I have a member card to it as I visit 4-5 times a year. I think it is a really fun arcade style golf place with great food, too!

I was already turned off by their dumb landing page with the oh-so-perfectly dressed hipster-hip-hop-ish girl making the duckface.

On one hand, if it grows the game, makes driving ranges and golf courses sustainable, then I'm all for it. On the other hand...holy moly that is expensive. After 6pm in Austin, it is $40 an hour!! On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays the $40 an hour thing starts at noon.

It has been a while since I put together a group for bowling, but it seems even after shoe rental, you aren't spending $40 an hour. Not sure how this compares to a Dave & Busters which is, I suppose, the target demographic.

I was already turned off by their dumb landing page with the oh-so-perfectly dressed hipster-hip-hop-ish girl making the duckface.

On one hand, if it grows the game, makes driving ranges and golf courses sustainable, then I'm all for it. On the other hand...holy moly that is expensive. After 6pm in Austin, it is $40 an hour!! On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays the $40 an hour thing starts at noon.

It has been a while since I put together a group for bowling, but it seems even after shoe rental, you aren't spending $40 an hour. Not sure how this compares to a Dave & Busters which is, I suppose, the target demographic.

Remember that the $40 an hour is for the bay, not per person. If you have three or four people it's not bad for a couple hours of entertainment. Even with that, though, I only go during non-peak hours when it's half that price.

Remember that the $40 an hour is for the bay, not per person. If you have three or four people it's not bad for a couple hours of entertainment. Even with that, though, I only go during non-peak hours when it's half that price.
I've had reports from a few non-golf friends, pretty positive reports. They all said about the same - off peak is a deal. During peak, still worthwhile, loads of fun and a great change of pace.

If they build one down here in LA, I am assured I will be won over by the place. The more I read and get feedback, it seems so!

I read about this place in Golf Digest. As others have said, not sure I'd bother to check it out on my own at those prices but with a group of 4-6 and an excuse to get out for a few beers, I'd much prefer this over bowling.

One of my playing partners spent lots of time at the one in VA in the winter and improved his short game a lot. He was able to dial in his wedges at various distances. I plan to do the same this winter.

The one they are building is getting close, I can't believe how huge it is.

Went out to Top Golf yesterday with some co-workers. We had 5 people sharing a bay and were able to get in about 2 games per hour. Prices are reasonable split that many ways, but their food and drink prices are a little high, as expected. Their food is very good, though, and they have a pretty good selection on the menu of food and drinks. The only thing I don't like about the one nearest to me is that the back net is 215 and it sometimes doesn't register if you fly it into the back net with a driver (I think it bounces off the net and doesn't fall in the target).

Would kill for one of these. I wonder how they do financially. Seems like a very expensive setup.

The one they are building is getting close, I can't believe how huge it is.

Drove by it the other day, I can't believe it backs up to I-75. I also don't know how high that net it and what it'll take to carry it

Went out to Top Golf yesterday with some co-workers. We had 5 people sharing a bay and were able to get in about 2 games per hour. Prices are reasonable split that many ways, but their food and drink prices are a little high, as expected. Their food is very good, though, and they have a pretty good selection on the menu of food and drinks. The only thing I don't like about the one nearest to me is that the back net is 215 and it sometimes doesn't register if you fly it into the back net with a driver (I think it bounces off the net and doesn't fall in the target).
Yeah the food is the one thing I don't like. It is pretty good, but definitely pricey. They prepare and serve it like it's a five star restaurant almost. I'm playing golf and drinking with my friends, give me a regular burger and fries, or tacos or whatever. I'd much rather have that than a fancy meal.

I've had reports from a few non-golf friends, pretty positive reports. They all said about the same - off peak is a deal. During peak, still worthwhile, loads of fun and a great change of pace.

If they build one down here in LA, I am assured I will be won over by the place. The more I read and get feedback, it seems so!

They plan to tear down a portion of the Lakes at El Segundo to put one of these up.

I haven't cared much for any of the food I've had there (and I've liked the prices even less). They do make a heck of a Bloody Mary, though.

Would kill for one of these. I wonder how they do financially. Seems like a very expensive setup.

I have thought about that too. I plan to check into one day as I would consider opening one back in my hometown and let my youngest brother run it if he wanted to.

They are building one here in Tampa. I think it will be quite interesting to see the pricing structure because we don't have an 'off-season' so $20-$30/hr will be tough. I can go to the local range, that's about 5 min from TopGolf, spend $15 and hit balls for 3 hrs. I will prob try it but don't really see myself there regularly. Maybe a Tampa THP outing in the near future?

BTW I live 5 mins from the location

It'll definitely have me at least stop by and look at it Pudge.

I didn't think I'd ever spend much time in simulator golf until I was with War Eagle one night in Orlando. 3hrs later...

They don't all have the hourly charge on the bay. Ours doesn't at least. Don't think I'd go at all if they did, it's already expensive enough without it. Unless you don't pay per game when there's a bay charge? It's like $7 a game or something like that here, without the hourly charge.

They don't all have the hourly charge on the bay. Ours doesn't at least. Don't think I'd go at all if they did, it's already expensive enough without it. Unless you don't pay per game when there's a bay charge? It's like $7 a game or something like that here, without the hourly charge.

Yeah no hourly charge here. It is pretty expensive compared to a regular range, but it's a ton of fun. Ours does have half price games in the mornings, that's probably the only price cut ever.

For those thinking of franchise opportunities, the website states it's a privately held company with no plans to offer franchises at this time. I'd love for one of these to open up near me in the northeast

For those thinking of franchise opportunities, the website states it's a privately held company with no plans to offer franchises at this time. I'd love for one of these to open up near me in the northeast

I'd die if one of these opened within like a hour of me. Just seems like so much fun.

Back