Clubs that you think would be percieved differently with another brand name?

First one that came to mind for me was SCOR wedges. If they said Titleist Vokey on them they would be huge sellers.

For me, there are so many:

-Wilson Staff everything, except maybe irons (I think people do have a fairly good opinion of those) - the FG Tour M3 line has been excellent from what I understand this year.
-Tour Edge drivers and woods - killer products, I am smashing the XCG6 right now
-Bridgestone clubs - just don't get the attention they deserve, but then they are not marketed at all.

I could go on. But the crux of it is that so many people only know a few brands because they're always on TV, and they just don't dig any deeper.

My coach had one and when I struggled with the SLDR, he let me try his XTD. High bombs. He then told me I couldn't have it lol

What a tease!! Must be taking some cues from JB :alien:

The Cleveland line of milled putters. Awesome awesome putters, good price point.... not a ton of love.

Exactly the one I was going to point out. Even the Never Compromise stuff was pretty fantastic.

Orlimar Forged Tour irons. Seriously, look them up.

Anyone remember the Powerbilt Citation CS irons from about 4 or 5 years ago? They where big, but they hit pretty well. Their drivers, which I don't see very often anymore (and haven't hit in years) use to have some pop, too.

Just based on what is in my bag at the moment, the Bobby Jones stuff would be pretty popular with a big OEM name behind it.

GREAT one.

I think if some of the last lines of Cleveland woods had a different badge on them, they would have been much more celebrated outside of these forums. Great looking, great performers...wedge name.

That is one I was thinking about back to the OG Cleveland Classic. I think it did well, but if it was a Taylormade it would have been THE DRIVER of the year, instead I bought mine for $120 in 2012 (I think that was the year).

If the Nike VRS Forged or Covert Forged had a Mizuno logo on them, they'd have more people raving about them.

I agree with the folks who've mentioned the Bridgestone stuff - if not only to get the stuff into stores. The J40 line is great, and the upcoming clubs look fantastic.

I think what drives most people away from the Nike irons is the price....for a Nike Club. I've hit the covert forged and loved it, but at the price couldn't really couldn't look myself in the mirror and felt like I made a good decision. Although, they've come down in price now.

I think what drives most people away from the Nike irons is the price....for a Nike Club. I've hit the covert forged and loved it, but at the price couldn't really couldn't look myself in the mirror and felt like I made a good decision. Although, they've come down in price now.

I think the "for a nike club" qualifier sort of reinforces that those clubs are in the category we're talking about. Even still, I agree that $1099 or whatever they first were sold for is more than some comparable irons. At least with the 2014 line, they added a lot more custom options (which is good because the stock grip was awful).

At $799, they are one of the best clubs at that price point, IMO.

I think the "for a nike club" qualifier sort of reinforces that those clubs are in the category we're talking about. Even still, I agree that $1099 or whatever they first were sold for is more than some comparable irons. At least with the 2014 line, they added a lot more custom options (which is good because the stock grip was awful).

You have to remember though, price things high then companies are knocked for them being more than other comparable clubs, price things low however and people will think they must be cheap and inferior. We are more educated than the common consumer, but for those people that is how they judge things. Lots and lots of "if its cheap it must not be good" people out there. Tons.

You have to remember though, price things high then companies are knocked for them being more than other comparable clubs, price things low however and people will think they must be cheap and inferior. We are more educated than the common consumer, but for those people that is how they judge things. Lots and lots of "if its cheap it must not be good" people out there. Tons.

That's definitely true, and one of the reasons it has to be impossible to break into this industry.

As a fan of Nikes offerings, I'm happy to see the largely favorable reviews of this years line.

Weren't the Apex, AP2, and most Mizuno sets priced the same?

Weren't the Apex, AP2, and most Mizuno sets priced the same?

The JPX 825 pro, which I'd say is the closest comparison, is $899. But I agree that the Apex is a good comp, and something I forgot about.

The JPX 825 pro, which I'd say is the closest comparison, is $899. But I agree that the Apex is a good comp, and something I forgot about.

I thought the MP54s were up there to.

The first problem with the Covert Forged is that they were Nike's. That's the truth.

I thought the MP54s were up there to.

The first problem with the Covert Forged is that they were Nike's. That's the truth.

825s and 54s were/are $999 for an 8 club set. But that's also a company with a reputation for quality. Nike is still building their rep and it's tough for an average consumer to justify spending $1100 on something without a solid rep. Because let's be honest, the average golfer (not a person who spends time on a message board or researching gear) is going to buy based on reputation and for the "look at what I have from awesome company" factor.

825s and 54s were/are $999 for an 8 club set. But that's also a company with a reputation for quality. Nike is still building their rep and it's tough for an average consumer to justify spending $1100 on something without a solid rep. Because let's be honest, the average golfer (not a person who spends time on a message board or researching gear) is going to buy based on reputation and for the "look at what I have from awesome company" factor.

We agree. The biggest reason why they haven't sold is because those irons were released by Nike.

The boccieri irons would have attracted more people if they said TaylorMade when they came out. Even at THP demo day.

The boccieri irons would have attracted more people if they said TaylorMade when they came out. Even at THP demo day.

This is a good one.

We agree. The biggest reason why they haven't sold is because those irons were released by Nike.

I think it's safe to say we do. :D

But I really like the Forged Pro Combos. The 2014s are pretty nice feeling. Have to believe if they weren't Nike and TMaG had the "shot making goo" the world would be a different and possibly better place.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

And the SLDR line would have attracted FAR less had they said Boccieri. :D

And the SLDR line would have attracted FAR less had they said Boccieri. :D

Without a doubt. Played in a charity scramble today. Group ahead of me was some guys I know and we got slowed up on a tee box. 3 of the 4 saw my SLDR S and asked to hit it. 2 of the 3 said no thanks. The other wanted more swings.

Without a doubt. Played in a charity scramble today. Group ahead of me was some guys I know and we got slowed up on a tee box. 3 of the 4 saw my SLDR S and asked to hit it. 2 of the 3 said no thanks. The other wanted more swings.

Seems to be the norm with the SLDR line, only a few like it, and the ones that do just absolutely pound it.

Seems to be the norm with the SLDR line, only a few like it, and the ones that do just absolutely pound it.

It outperformed my j40 today. Wasn't even close. I was a little shocked by that.

Back