Odyssey Putters Thread

The Versa #2 is starting to haunt my dreams. Don't get me wrong, me and my MXM #6 still cuddle together when my wife isn't pay attention...but I feel like it's been a really like time since I gave a plumber's neck a real honest shake.

Took the Numero Uno out for a spin last night and it was treating me pretty well. Can't deal with the skinny grip though. Winn is about to get me for another $20.

Took the Numero Uno out for a spin last night and it was treating me pretty well. Can't deal with the skinny grip though. Winn is about to get me for another $20.
I'm a Winn guy now too.

I don't even want to think about the amount of money I've given them in the last three years.

Sounds like me once I found the SuperStroke I like. I just picked up the USA Ryder Cup 2.0. Just have to figure out which putter it's going on.

Sounds like the perfect time to buy something new :)

I just recently picked up an Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #6 (340g). It's going to get it's first round in tonight. So far though just putting around my home, it's got a fantastic sound off the face. I'm looking forward to seeing what type of roll it gives me on the course.

My old Scotty and I aren't getting along right now, so hopefully this putter becomes my new best friend for awhile.

Sounds like me once I found the SuperStroke I like. I just picked up the USA Ryder Cup 2.0. Just have to figure out which putter it's going on.

Sounds like the perfect time to buy something new :)

The #1 wide I bought for my Team USA SS should be in today. :D

You are always one step ahead and I like it.

You are always one step ahead and I like it.

I'll be sure to post up some pics once I get it put together. Hoping to game it tomorrow morning.

I've been pondering picking up an Odyssey Metal-X (not the newer milled version) from Callaway pre-owned while they have the 25% off sale today and was wondering if anyone has any experience with both the Metal-X insert as well as the white steel in some of the older Odyssey putters.

Delivered and regripped! Quick pic before my in laws get mad for me being antisocial. :D

6094BD45-45C0-40D5-8FB5-C1F570295AE8_zps4esvgrff.jpg

With the 25% off on cally pre owned today I pulled the trigger on the protype tour #2. And I'm about to get a USA Ryder Cup 2.0 superstroke on the way too. That looks so spectacular. Must Have!

I put a SS 3.0 on my WHP #1. I plan on using the Odyssey at #thegauntlet. It may be the softest feeling combination ever. It feels like a pillow.

Delivered and regripped! Quick pic before my in laws get mad for me being antisocial. :D

6094BD45-45C0-40D5-8FB5-C1F570295AE8_zps4esvgrff.jpg

Mine looks exactly like that!!!! Hahaha

Greens were rolling fast and smooth yesterday in an outing I was playing in my Protype #7 was rolling beautifully. Made several clutch putts and even drained a 20 foot eagle.

I am loving my WHP #2. Had a great round with it Thursday with only 28 putts (misleading due to some awesome MD2 shots), but rolled in a couple of longer ones as well. Nice to know that a flowneck (1/2 offset) is a viable option opposed to center shafted for me.

I kinda want one Donne. Actually I've wanted a Versa 2 for awhile, though that's not the same shape.

Japan gets ALL the cool stuff, I almost pulled the trigger for this off Rakuten the other night, but I just couldn't:

a309050f-0326.jpg

Wow I like that a lot. What is that insert?

You're favorite insert. Center shafted...

It's only a matter of time

You're favorite insert. Center shafted...

It's only a matter of time

Yep, infinity.

Not happening, I've got better and can do a lot with that price. Plus going through the Japan market is a massive turnoff for me.

Wow I like that a lot. What is that insert?

WHP insert with a damascus overlay, the metal is one pice with the center chemically etched into the MX grooves. Damascus is a harder metal so it will have more of a click to it at impact. The real winner of the design on those though is the tungsten, shame its so damn expensive for them to utilize more.

Wacky Japanese market anyway.

Back