Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Every time I see this thread I want to try these irons more and more. I like the iron combo I currently have but these are so tempting. I will definitely be demoing these when they are available.

Had gotten a little sloppy in my ball striking the last couple of rounds, but something clicked during a round today. Focused on center face contact and slow smooth tempo, and I am hitting it much straighter. I was fighting toe side hooks, and I think it was all getting too quick in transition. First I was impressed with the forgiveness while I was off, and second I am loving the feel and flight on the better contact.

Every time I see this thread I want to try these irons more and more. I like the iron combo I currently have but these are so tempting. I will definitely be demoing these when they are available.

Come down to OH in Oct!

I love my Callaways, but these have really caught my eye. Doing a little research on getting a set. The Z945 are really sweet looking, they may be more than I can handle but really clean looking clubs.

They do look sharp. Think they are only going to be a Japan release though.

I want to say that even in the press release for Japan the 945s were listed as "Limited Edition", so there might not even be that many of them made for the Japanese Market.

Any idea when these will show up on the Srixon website??

Those things are so appealing visually that I could see myself buying a set without ever hitting or even holding one prior, or even reading a single review.... they look that sweet.

Those things are so appealing visually that I could see myself buying a set without ever hitting or even holding one prior, or even reading a single review.... they look that sweet.

Standard GI qualities to them, so in my mind there's no reason someone couldn't do that. Especially if they already know their specs. Hell, I did it and played quite well with them right off the bat in a pretty big event.

Any idea when these will show up on the Srixon website??

I am guessing Sept 12th or there about. I heard the 12th is the release date for RTX 2.0 and am guessing that is around the time the Srixon would be released as well.

I am guessing Sept 12th or there about. I heard the 12th is the release date for RTX 2.0 and am guessing that is around the time the Srixon would be released as well.

Pre-ordering will begin on 9/1

Had gotten a little sloppy in my ball striking the last couple of rounds, but something clicked during a round today. Focused on center face contact and slow smooth tempo, and I am hitting it much straighter. I was fighting toe side hooks, and I think it was all getting too quick in transition. First I was impressed with the forgiveness while I was off, and second I am loving the feel and flight on the better contact.

I have been fighting the tempo with these also. I think my issue is I keep getting caught in between yardages and the lofts are quite different from my prior gamers. Point being is I keep getting stuck between either 3/4 swings or 1/2 swings and it is seriously effecting my consistency.

These irons continue to be a strong part of my game. 4/4 greens in regulation with these babies today. I have a conundrum however. I still have a gap in my yardages that is too large. But I am happy with my set up. The 8,9 and PW are growing on me big time. I am pondering having them bent slightly to close the gap up. OR I can order a GW when they come out and have that alone bent. If I go that route, I some serious moving to do with my set up. Really really close to LOVING my set up right now. The long irons are still very easy to hit and elevate and the short irons are forgiving, yet workable and flightable (yes I made that word up). I have been able to hit some knock down like shots pretty on demand with the 9 and the PW of late. Overall, I am shockingly impressed. Especially as I wasn't sure how I was going to like the 8, 9 and PW, yet I am pondering changing my set up to keep them where they are.

These irons continue to be a strong part of my game. 4/4 greens in regulation with these babies today. I have a conundrum however. I still have a gap in my yardages that is too large. But I am happy with my set up. The 8,9 and PW are growing on me big time. I am pondering having them bent slightly to close the gap up. OR I can order a GW when they come out and have that alone bent. If I go that route, I some serious moving to do with my set up. Really really close to LOVING my set up right now. The long irons are still very easy to hit and elevate and the short irons are forgiving, yet workable and flightable (yes I made that word up). I have been able to hit some knock down like shots pretty on demand with the 9 and the PW of late. Overall, I am shockingly impressed. Especially as I wasn't sure how I was going to like the 8, 9 and PW, yet I am pondering changing my set up to keep them where they are.

Where is your gap at? From PW to 51*? Thinking about bending 51 to 50?

Where is your gap at? From PW to 51*? Thinking about bending 51 to 50?
PW stock is 44 so depending on setup could easily have some gap. I know I had to deviate from norm and went 49/53/57 all bent

PW stock is 44 so depending on setup could easily have some gap. I know I had to deviate from norm and went 49/53/57 all bent

I am guessing you bent 48/52/56? Did you bend or did Cleveland do it? I like your gapping and is how I am looking at doing mine if I go with the 545.

I am guessing you bent 48/52/56? Did you bend or did Cleveland do it? I like your gapping and is how I am looking at doing mine if I go with the 545.
Correct and cle did it. no issues yet. Noticing I'm never in 49 range so it's unused but that's a me thing

I'm playing the same gaps as well. Works perfectly. Came bent from Cleveland.

Correct and cle did it. no issues yet. Noticing I'm never in 49 range so it's unused but that's a me thing

Thanks, glad that they are working for your guys. Another quick question. Not sure of you hit the TTs but how do these compare in size to the TTs?

Thanks, glad that they are working for your guys. Another quick question. Not sure of you hit the TTs but how do these compare in size to the TTs?
Owned the TT as well.

I'd say similar size....These are way better looking, feeling and more forgiving

I am playing KBS tour in both my irons and wedges.

Thanks. Was thinking going that way, I like the KBS tour with my 588. You guys have been awesome in your feedback and help with questions. I'm hoping my fitter gets some demos in within the next couple weeks

Back