Playing lesson turned bad

Yes and yes...

I'll be on the lookout for the troll on 18 next time I'm there.

I like the layout there, just not a fan of the houses being right on top of the course.

If he has such a problem with that sort of thing, why did he choose to live on a golf course in the first place? I'll never understand that.

If he has such a problem with that sort of thing, why did he choose to live on a golf course in the first place? I'll never understand that.

Exactly. If you live on a golf course, you should expect people to be..golfing on the course. And occasionally off the course.

Don't hang priceless artwork/glassware on your back deck, be aware of your surroundings when sunbathing/mowing, and enjoy that you don't have neighbors behind you. If a ball hits the siding every once in a while, move on. Encourage your kids to gather the balls and re-sell them to golfers, or start up a lemonade stand.

In other words..DON'T BE THAT GUY.

Of course, there is the old fashioned way of dealing with it, if someone walks up to me swearing and threatening I am going to drop him. Fast and without saying a word, as the teacher says don't wait to get hit. Not PC, but effective.

Let the Lawyers straighten it out, the stand your ground law is not all about guns all the time.

Of course, there is the old fashioned way of dealing with it, if someone walks up to me swearing and threatening I am going to drop him. Fast and without saying a word, as the teacher says don't wait to get hit. Not PC, but effective.

Let the Lawyers straighten it out, the stand your ground law is not all about guns all the time.

Around here we call that the ol' "one, two piece" and it is generally frowned upon, other than the chuckle it elicits when talked about.

I like to do the hand to the ear with the "what? I can't hear you" look. Keep that up for a minute or so and when they finally stop talking I respond with a "actually I lied, I can hear you but do not remotely care what you have to say. Have a nice day! :thumb:"

Look I get it why he got mad, but there was NO reason to. He's not the course superintendent, he's not the GM and if you were having a playing lesson then that's grounds to drop a few balls, especially if your Pro is the one dropping the balls at your feet.
Like others have said, I don't mind having a talk with someone, but once you start cussing at me, sorry, talks over pal. There's no reason to be a fairway Nazi from your back deck. That's ridiculous! I would have said my peace and just walked away from the guy laughing. Probably would have tossed him my divots and said, here, since this is YOUR fairway, you can put these back for me.

My post was a bit strong, but living in Florida where there are millions of these old grouchy guys that live for a chance to show how important they are, it gets tiring.

I am a bit on the old side myself and really would not hit a 70+ guy unless he really did come up fast and furious in a truly threatening manner. Some of this folks think because they are older they can do and say anything and get away with it. (most do).

And the reality is the law suit would not be worth the pleasure of bopping him.

I am sorry to say that that kind of anger on the part of older citizens is a sign of the onset of dementia. He needs to see his family doctor. If his doctor ignores it, the family needs a new doctor.

PS: if someone talks to strangers like that, what do you think he says and does to his wife?

Sorry to hear this happening to you. Like others have said don't argue with a moron can only go bad from there.

I had the groundskeeper rage out in me once from his deck on the cc i grew up at. It has just rained a ton and the cart slid maybe 5 feet asi came to a stop and dude went ballistic.

I would have just given him the finger and moved on...........:bye:

**** him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had such a thing happen to me. I most likely would have told him to screw off and walked away. If he really wanted to chase me down the rest of the hole so be it. Sorry you had such a bad experience but I would have expected my pro to step up.

Why even entertain sh!t like that. Let him scream and do your thing. Done and done

Crazy old man, he should respect all abilities and guide him. I mean he is doing this as job and gettig paid to help. If he wanted to put down people and spout off go to a bar and find out what happens. I had a similar experience but in a clothing store, where he blew up. Ended up me lwaving without paying. Hopefully he is reprimanded.

I prefer to taunt people who are raging. Smile, nod, call them sir. Ask them if it feels good to behave like a child.

Why even entertain sh!t like that. Let him scream and do your thing. Done and done

Hahahaha Freddie sitting in the fairway, looking right at him, dropping another ball and hitting in... claaaassssssic mental picture hahahaha

That does sound quite awful. When I was younger I played a course that had some houses very close to the OB lines. Some people would accuse you of hitting their house and whatnot. However none of my experiences seem to equate to what yours was.
WTH? IF you buy a house on a golf course very close to the OB line and then complain about someone hitting your house, that's on you, not the golfer. There is an easy solution to prevent it from happening in the future. Don't buy a house on a golf course!

It's like the people that buy a home 1 block off a major road and then complain that they can see the new Home Depot built from their backyard and it causes traffic.

Update....

Played solo this afternoon. Hot and humid with the heat index over 100 but it was a good round for me. Shot 85 with 30 putts and 4 GIR's!!

I hit a good Tee shot on 18. When I got to my ball I looked down the row of townhouses (his is near the green, last unit) and there he was, lighting his charcoal grill. I hit a 6 iron in and came up short of the green by about 6 feet. Parked the cart by the green and looked over, he was scowling at me. Grabbed my putter and a wedge and started to the ball... but wait. No one was behind so I turned around and grabbed a handful of balls from the bag. He was watching like a hawk. I took a look over to be sure he was watching and dropped 4 balls beside mine, spread them a foot or so apart and chipped the first. Took another look over then chipped the second. Somewhere between the second and third ball he turned and went inside, watching safely from behind the door. After the last ball was chipped, I turned to him, tipped my hat and walked on to the green.

Putted in my original ball for a par and walked away happy......

Tommy

Update....

Played solo this afternoon. Hot and humid with the heat index over 100 but it was a good round for me. Shot 85 with 30 putts and 4 GIR's!!

I hit a good Tee shot on 18. When I got to my ball I looked down the row of townhouses (his is near the green, last unit) and there he was, lighting his charcoal grill. I hit a 6 iron in and came up short of the green by about 6 feet. Parked the cart by the green and looked over, he was scowling at me. Grabbed my putter and a wedge and started to the ball... but wait. No one was behind so I turned around and grabbed a handful of balls from the bag. He was watching like a hawk. I took a look over to be sure he was watching and dropped 4 balls beside mine, spread them a foot or so apart and chipped the first. Took another look over then chipped the second. Somewhere between the second and third ball he turned and went inside, watching safely from behind the door. After the last ball was chipped, I turned to him, tipped my hat and walked on to the green.

Tommy
Good game, that will show him. Keep up the hard work, dedication

after the last ball was chipped, i turned to him, tipped my hat and walked on to the green.

Tommy

like a boss!

Hahahaha Freddie sitting in the fairway, looking right at him, dropping another ball and hitting in... claaaassssssic mental picture hahahaha

You got that right

Update....

Tommy

That is Classic! The ol' Geezer probably had steam blowing from his ears!

Update....

Tommy

This is that one little thing that put a big smile on my face, thanks.

Back