Experiences with the mFGP by SeeMore

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
I am still looking for my putter. I have been through a few and still have not found the right one for me. I have been rolling Anser style putters in stores and have come away very happy, but then I grab a hold of a SeeMore mFGP (in whatever the cheaper version is called) and I absolutely love the feel and the sound. Any experience with rolling it in real world conditions? How is the speed control on longer putts?

I am trying to decide between an mFGP, DB4, m7, Ping Redwood, and a Scotty Cameron Newport 2. One thing I am looking forward to is the THP Florida outing where I will probably get a chance to give all of these a roll.

The cheaper version is called just the FGP. Many prefer it to the milled version. Here is our review of it.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=2007

I played the Newport 2 for a while, it is a solid putter, so is the Ping Redwood.

Thanks JB. I am getting ready to read that right now.

Im going to make it my mission to have you leave FL with a SeeMore M8!

Im going to make it my mission to have you leave FL with a SeeMore M8!

I am leaving Fl with at least 1 flatstick! I can still feel the SeeMore hitting the ball from when I hit it at the PGA store.

JB: Why did those people prefer the FGP to the milled version and do you know the difference between the different versions of the FGP (because the Black Label versions look really appealing ot me)?

Finish is the biggest difference. Not all preferred the stainless to the milled version, but it does have a different feel and sound. I liked both quite a bit. Here is some trivia for all the SeeMore people out there. if you look at their product line, there is no M4. The reason is, the mFGP is actually the m4.

JB,

I am going to be buying a SeeMore, but there are no local shops that carry their products so I am going to have to go off user testimony. I saw the FGP is conveniently priced at 150, and the m series putters I like are over 300. I was wondering (since you have hit several) is there a large performance difference between these to justify the excessive price difference?

JB,

I am going to be buying a SeeMore, but there are no local shops that carry their products so I am going to have to go off user testimony. I saw the FGP is conveniently priced at 150, and the m series putters I like are over 300. I was wondering (since you have hit several) is there a large performance difference between these to justify the excessive price difference?

Is there a large difference? Yes. Will it matter to many? Maybe not. It is all about how the putter is made. The milled series are just that, milled and therefore are much more expensive to make. Some feel as though milled putters offer a softer feel, others do not.

I think the M series have a much better feel, IMO then the FGP series. Im pretty sure thats what they carry at GG, at least the one local to me, and they just didnt do much for me. Plus you can get some of the M series with the new insert in them, which I really like in the M8. Just my .02!

How would you compare this putter to the Si3?

RW,
Which one the fgp, mfgp, or m8?

Any really, I am looking to buy a SeeMore but I can't find one around here to demo. I know there is a large price difference and differences on how they are made, but I need some help with differences. I know that seems like a lot to ask but until I can find some to demo I am relaint on you guys that have them.

Any really, I am looking to buy a SeeMore but I can't find one around here to demo. I know there is a large price difference and differences on how they are made, but I need some help with differences. I know that seems like a lot to ask but until I can find some to demo I am relaint on you guys that have them.

Boy oh boy I wish you were coming to FL this weekend and could try them all. They really do have different feels. I would say ask yourself these questions.

Do you prefer mallet or blade?
What is the ideal shape?
Do you like an insert or not? (you play a soft insert now)
Price range?

That should narrow it down a little. There are lots on here that use them and have been converted and we have users using just about every kind out there. Gasman uses the SB-1, Kevin uses the M8, Keith has a few, etc...

Boy oh boy I wish you were coming to FL this weekend and could try them all. They really do have different feels. I would say ask yourself these questions.

Do you prefer mallet or blade?
What is the ideal shape?
Do you like an insert or not? (you play a soft insert now)
Price range?

That should narrow it down a little. There are lots on here that use them and have been converted and we have users using just about every kind out there. Gasman uses the SB-1, Kevin uses the M8, Keith has a few, etc...

I really like the looks of the Si3, but the M8 has also caught my attention. So as you can see I prefer more of a mallet type putter. the price point is not a concern right now as i am one of those who will spend what I need for what works best. I am not hung up on having an insert or not, just a putter that works for me.

Hmmm. That really opens the door to so many. The M8 is a beautiful putter. So is teh Si3. Very different though. The insert is a very soft insert type of feel and the M8 is going to have that juicy milled feel. Let me think about this one for a little bit RW.

Ive been holding off buying a new putter until I could try an m5 but you guys got me itching now. How much longer do you guys think the head of the m5 is compared to the m3?

Im not sure TGM. I have forwarded this thread on to SeeMore and they will respond shortly.

Thanks for the quick reply JB, I look forward to hearing Seemore's responses.

I may need to roll your Method then.....it'll want a good home in case you get a SeeMore
I am leaving Fl with at least 1 flatstick! I can still feel the SeeMore hitting the ball from when I hit it at the PGA store.

JB: Why did those people prefer the FGP to the milled version and do you know the difference between the different versions of the FGP (because the Black Label versions look really appealing ot me)?

I found a used SeeMore M2 for 140. I am going to try and work a deal for 140 shipped and I may be the newest member to the SeeMore family on the site!

I really enjoy the milled versions and right now the mFGP is my favorite and has been for a while, the Si2 is probably second now because of the insert. The milled versions are more expensive because of the manufactring process but the feel you get is just incredible. Smooth and creamy is the best way I can describe. I hope that doesnt sound like I sleep with the putter :)

the Private Reserve is primarily the finish on the putter and they do cost a bit more than the regular milled ones. I have tried the regular FGP and they roll very nicely too, but just did not give me that feeling I had become accustomed to. The milled versions have different feels in the M-3 and mFGP2, both are mallet type putters but with totally different sound and feel. Lets not forget the RST that SeeMore is known for as well becaus eit really works.

You wont go wrong with any of the putters you named because all are good sticks, I just happen to be convinced that SeeMore makes great sticks.

Re: Experiences with the mFGP by SeeMore

thanks1974 said:
I may need to roll your Method then.....it'll want a good home in case you get a SeeMore

I will have a hard time giving it up, but if you fall in love, I think we can make an arrangement.

You are looking at the proud new owner of a SeeMore SB1w. I ordered today from a guy on GolfWRX, and should be getting it in the middle of next week...I will make a separate review thread once I get acclimated to the RST and putter!

You are looking at the proud new owner of a SeeMore SB1w. I ordered today from a guy on GolfWRX, and should be getting it in the middle of next week...I will make a separate review thread once I get acclimated to the RST and putter!

Congrats on your new flatstick, I am looking forward to seeing how it works for you. How about some pics.

Back