2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lateral and medial meniscus in my right knee are all jacked up and in the left knee I have a bunch of scar tissue built up. They want to wait and see if it will improve with no treadmill action and physical therapy before cutting it open. This totally sucks because I have some good momentum going in the gym and on the range right now, the pain in my right knee is unreal towards the end of the day and it just feels like something is pulling the tendons apart inside, This sucks!

Hope everything goes smoothly, Trout - I know a few people who have had meniscus injuries that responded well to PT and haven't had to go the surgery route - hopefully the same goes for you.

Hope everything goes smoothly, Trout - I know a few people who have had meniscus injuries that responded well to PT and haven't had to go the surgery route - hopefully the same goes for you.

Thanks Man, I'm hearing the same thing from some folks here. They say it may take a little while but the surgery is so invasive and this is a good option. I'll give it a go.

Had some sushi and a little hibachi rice and chicken/steak. Probably not a great idea but it was so good. Still was about half the portion size I would normally eat so it's progress!

Dead lifts are like beers...I can do a lot of them, even the heavy ones...I just pay for it the next day.

Weigh day. 1.5lbs since last Wednesday for a total of four since the newly macro'd diet. Pants are once again getting too big and I'm on the last slot on a couple new belts. Gahhh. Good news is that I'm feeling stronger from the weight training. Goal is to be done with this cut in exactly four weeks, which would be the day I leave for West Palm Beach. Ideally I will be at heavy enough weights in the SL program that adding a bunch of calories will help with some gains. Will readjust macros to match what I'm trying to accomplish there.

Gym for me tomorrow morning, because of my commute and my work day I have to be in the gym for a 4am start, squats are hard work at that time in the morning but it's time to get back into it!!

I reckon I'm going to be pretty weak tomorrow as I haven't touched a weight in 6 months, think I will start out with a back / legs day and just hammer it, bit of interval training first to get the blood miving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it easy tomorrow. No use burning yourself up on the first day! I did that a few weeks ago and paid the price for almost five days ugh.

Good luck!

I am easing back into the swing of things. Started eating better and I will start working out again when the kids are back in school next week. Get some funny looks grabbing a salad at Subway but it is worth it.

I am easing back into the swing of things. Started eating better and I will start working out again when the kids are back in school next week. Get some funny looks grabbing a salad at Subway but it is worth it.

I actually had one of those a couple Saturdays ago. Was too carb heavy for the day and needed something to even me out. Not too bad at all with a little red vinegar.

I actually had one of those a couple Saturdays ago. Was too carb heavy for the day and needed something to even me out. Not too bad at all with a little red vinegar.

They are not too bad and end up being a go to when I am on the road.

They are not too bad and end up being a go to when I am on the road.

I had no clue what she was asking about when she said do I want it chopped, but I'm glad I said yes.

cool thread. thp is loaded with awesome threads i'm enjoying following.

33yo male, 5'10, 180lbs. i'm in week 6 of p90x, following the lean program. but i'm only doing 4 days a week (usually m-w, then either fri or sat), so i've been at it for 10 weeks (took a week off for vacation). i'm stronger, and can see a little difference in build, but i haven't been great with my diet. it's not awful, but it could be a helluva lot better. weight isn't down at all, pants are a little looser. i don't have any long-term goals other than being healthier for my family.

i've also been taken glucosamine+chondroitin, which has helped a lot. but i'm still really struggling with hips and knees. my hip flexors are always sore. my hips and knees feel like they're ripping whenever i do side kicks, and i can't get past knee height.

Take it easy tomorrow. No use burning yourself up on the first day! I did that a few weeks ago and paid the price for almost five days ugh.

Good luck!

I used to weight train a lot and after a while you just stop getting that aching feeling, I'm going to enjoy it while I can!!

Finally back in the swing of things diet wise. Realized that you can exercise all you want, but garbage in = garbage out. Had been off track for a month and a half or so. Already down a couple pounds.

Squats/overhead press/dead lift last night. Rack was busy, so I ran a mile first. Squats are quickly getting more challenging. OP were challenging towards the end. Felt good getting it done and now will enjoy three days rest.

2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

cool thread. thp is loaded with awesome threads i'm enjoying following.

33yo male, 5'10, 180lbs. i'm in week 6 of p90x, following the lean program. but i'm only doing 4 days a week (usually m-w, then either fri or sat), so i've been at it for 10 weeks (took a week off for vacation). i'm stronger, and can see a little difference in build, but i haven't been great with my diet. it's not awful, but it could be a helluva lot better. weight isn't down at all, pants are a little looser. i don't have any long-term goals other than being healthier for my family.

i've also been taken glucosamine+chondroitin, which has helped a lot. but i'm still really struggling with hips and knees. my hip flexors are always sore. my hips and knees feel like they're ripping whenever i do side kicks, and i can't get past knee height.

Congrats on getting to week 6! It's a great program and really works well. If you can try and follow a low carb diet with plenty of protein you should be fine. You may find that you need to bump up your carbs if you start feeling tired. I usually have 1 cheat meal a week to give me something to look forward to. Good luck!

Yoga today.

Unable to lift today unfortunately, I have some back issues from rugby and a handy pilonidal sinus. Interval training only but sorting out the sleep pattern is half the battle

Better than nothing steve. Hope the back clears up for you.

Better than nothing steve. Hope the back clears up for you.

Cheers Hawk, I managed to rearrange a few vertebrae, well someone else did it for me in my first ever scrum, it hasn't seized up in ages though so I had stopped giving it any thought. The sinus comes and goes, been very painful the last couple of days.

What are you lifting in the OHP anyway? For some reason that is my favourite exercise, seated in the smith machine for safety that is

Due to my back spasms last weekend my walks home from work this week have been slightly less energetic, but I have still been able to manage the walking and since using the app to track it (Started 28th July) I have walked a total of 40 miles

I haven't lost any more weight, so I reckon I am going to need to up the tempo of my walking (currently walking at around 14:30min per mile but that doesn't account for time stood waiting to cross roads due to traffic) and maybe include stretches of running to start pushing myself a bit harder although that is a little bit difficult when walking through the town

Diet is going to be completely out of the window for the next couple of weeks when we are on holiday, but the badminton season starts next week so I will be back to playing when we get back. And assuming I can find the time before the weather turns horrible over here, I am hoping to get out cycling more when we get back as well

two hours of hoops last night, man I need to work on cardio.

good news, officially under 230lbs this morning!

Ran 7 miles with my kids yesterday. Legs are sore today. I'm really enjoying coaching XC so far. The kids are working really hard and are having fun running through the woods haha. On a personal note, my love of running is slowly coming back and I have already lost 9 lbs. in the two weeks I've been running.

Unable to lift today unfortunately, I have some back issues from rugby and a handy pilonidal sinus. Interval training only but sorting out the sleep pattern is half the battle

Good luck getting back into the weight room. Back issues can be scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back