2014 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Ryan Moore as a pick and hope he makes it. At this point I think a fresh group of faces will do team USA good.

Looks like with a couple of good tournaments past RC participants Hunter Mahan & Brandt Snedeker could work their way into a Captain's pick. Anyone want them on the team?

Even though he didn't come through in 2012 I think I could be talked into Snedeker over guys like Todd or Kirk. US needs more guys who can make putts and Snedeker has shown he can contend on UK courses/conditions. Also feel like he needs a chance at redemption and could step up big like DJ did in 2012.

I mentioned Snedeker in here a couple of weeks ago. Look at his form since he went to Butch Harmon, I think he's only been out of the top 25 in 1 tournament since that time.

Also a long way to go at the Barclays, but among the guys tied for the lead are Keegan Bradley and Brendon Todd. You know that Bradley would desperately want to be on the team and get paired with Phil Mickelson again, and Todd has been really steady all year long. Plus, if you believe that putting is what wins Ryder Cups, go look at the strokes gained putting stat this year (http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02564.html), Todd is #6 this year.

Disclaimer: One of Brendon Todd's coaches works up here at the driving range that I go to, so I'm rooting for him to get onto the team.

I mentioned Snedeker in here a couple of weeks ago. Look at his form since he went to Butch Harmon, I think he's only been out of the top 25 in 1 tournament since that time.

Also a long way to go at the Barclays, but among the guys tied for the lead are Keegan Bradley and Brendon Todd. You know that Bradley would desperately want to be on the team and get paired with Phil Mickelson again, and Todd has been really steady all year long. Plus, if you believe that putting is what wins Ryder Cups, go look at the strokes gained putting stat this year (http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02564.html), Todd is #6 this year.

Disclaimer: One of Brendon Todd's coaches works up here at the driving range that I go to, so I'm rooting for him to get onto the team.

Unless he just totally poops the bed over the next two weeks I guess I consider Keegan a lock based on his synergy with Phil, competitiveness and tendency to step up in big moments.

Good info on Todd. I know he has been really good this year but for whatever reason he has been under the radar for me. I'm still inclined to want Ryan Moore as the number 2 selection ahead of everybody else.

Good to see some US support and positive vibes coming from THP. Our team will be fine

I really want to see a Phil and Rickie pairing. Watching the PGA with both of them cheering the other on and pushing each other to make shots was a ton of fun.

Another week closer to the selections. So just doing some quick research. If you look at the next 5 guys on the points list(excluding Dufner because of injury) you have Moore, Todd, Bradley, Kirk, and Simpson. Throw in Snedeker and Mahan to the list that gives us 7 guys to look at. Here are their finishes from the Open Championship on. Looking at these, honestly I don't know who I would pick. Probably Mahan and Sneds. Then see who plays there way on to the team this week.

Ryan Moore - T12, T8, T40, CUT

Brendon Todd - T39, T45, 72, T46

Keegan Bradley - T19, T4, CUT, T53

Chris Kirk - T19, T41, CUT, T53

Webb Simpson - CUT, T31, CUT, T5, CUT

Brandt Snedeker - T58, T25, T12, T13, T5, Cut

Hunter Mahan - T32, CUT, T15, T7, 1

Another week closer to the selections. So just doing some quick research. If you look at the next 5 guys on the points list(excluding Dufner because of injury) you have Moore, Todd, Bradley, Kirk, and Simpson. Throw in Snedeker and Mahan to the list that gives us 7 guys to look at. Here are their finishes from the Open Championship on. Looking at these, honestly I don't know who I would pick. Probably Mahan and Sneds. Then see who plays there way on to the team this week.

Ryan Moore - T12, T8, T40, CUT

Brendon Todd - T39, T45, 72, T46

Keegan Bradley - T19, T4, CUT, T53

Chris Kirk - T19, T41, CUT, T53

Webb Simpson - CUT, T31, CUT, T5, CUT

Brandt Snedeker - T58, T25, T12, T13, T5, Cut

Hunter Mahan - T32, CUT, T15, T7, 1

Keegan, Mahan & Sneds

Keegan, Mahan & Sneds

I think Bradley will probably be that guy. But if he lays a stinker out there this week I doubt he is a lock. Ryan Moore looked really good until recently. If the picks were made in the middle of August he'd be the guy.

I think Bradley will probably be that guy. But if he lays a stinker out there this week I doubt he is a lock. Ryan Moore looked really good until recently. If the picks were made in the middle of August he'd be the guy.

he is a lock, they need his enthusiasm & Phil loves playing with him....Book it

I know Reed is already in the list, but It got passed over in most coverage that he put up a 65 Sunday and got a top 10 this week. I think he is coming back in form and will be great in the match play environment.

The Americans are looking good. Poults and Donald not so much. Their PGA tour seasons are over so they will have to head across the pound to play or just wait for a pick.

Stephen Gallacher is doing all he can do get a spot for Europe.

Four birdies in first five holes during the final round of the Italian Open. I think he needs a win or solo second to get in to the Ryder Cup. Sits T2 right now.

Stephen Gallacher is doing all he can do get a spot for Europe.

Four birdies in first five holes during the final round of the Italian Open. I think he needs a win or solo second to get in to the Ryder Cup. Sits T2 right now.

Doesn't Gallacher have a stellar record at Glen Eagles? I wouldn't be too surprised if he was picked either way.

I know Reed is already in the list, but It got passed over in most coverage that he put up a 65 Sunday and got a top 10 this week. I think he is coming back in form and will be great in the match play environment.

I agree, Reed is starting to play in really good form. I also didn't realize he was on that national champion Augusta State team, with a pretty impressive match play record.

I'm interested to see these younger guys and rookies out there, who don't have the scar tissue from past losses and might have a lot more to prove than some of the vets.

ok the day is today. Who gets picked for the US?

Did Kirk's win yesterday change anyone's mind? Sneds is coming off of 2 straight Missed Cuts. Ryan Moore has played some poor golf in the past month, so he's gone. Keegan Bradley had a decent week, I think he is in now. My under the radar guy is Bill Hass. Last 4 tournamnets are pretty strong. PGA Championship T27, Wyndham T2, and is T15 and T9 in the 2 playoff events. Seems to be playing some really good golf right now.

So for me I have 5 players for 3 spots. Kirk, Mahan, Bradley, Snedecker, Bill Hass.

I definitely think Mahan and Bradley need to be on this team, but can't think of a sure-fire third captain's pick.

I'd go Mahan, Keegs and Haas. I like Kirk a lot, but yesterday was the only big name tournament he has even had a top 10 in. That includes majors, WGC events and the Players. When it seemed the only guy pressing him was a shaky Horschel, I'd rather the other 3 join the team. Sneds has not been playing well at all, so I wouldn't put him on.

For me it's Moore, Bradley & Mahan..... I said it on Twitter, but just have a feeling the USA pulls this one out.

Mahan, Bradley and Haas would be my 3 right now

These are my picks; Kirk, Mahan, Bradley. Kirk and Mahan will have such confidence going into the event. Bradley to me will really compliment Phil well and we will get some good points out of those two.

These are my picks; Kirk, Mahan, Bradley. Kirk and Mahan will have such confidence going into the event. Bradley to me will really compliment Phil well and we will get some good points out of those two.

can Watson take Luke Donald? he does live in FL & Chicago?

I still think they'd be better off with Phil and RF together. But that's just me.

I still think they'd be better off with Phil and RF together. But that's just me.

you and I are on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back