Switched to a Diablo Edge Driver...results so far

JB, did you play with your R9 or the diablo edge yesterday? i am pretty sure that you gamed your R9 saturday and didn't miss a fwy, right? if you did game the edge sunday how was it?

I gamed the R9 both days. Hit 14 fairways on Saturday (all of them) and on Sunday it was only about 5. Did not miss by much though. But now that I have a Diablo Edge with a Miyazaki Blue, the R9 is sitting in timeout.

thanks. i'll be interested to follow your updates with the edge.

Here is a quick one for you. That Miyazaki shaft sure looks pretty in it.

Here is a quick one for you. That Miyazaki shaft sure looks pretty in it.

i'll bet it does. dude, those shafts are so sweet!!!! i still can't believe how much difference they make. how about some new pics of your new pony.

i'll bet it does. dude, those shafts are so sweet!!!! i still can't believe how much difference they make. how about some new pics of your new pony.

Here you go.

841755849_a4jUT-M.jpg

841755895_iedjW-M.jpg

841755963_j4dzr-M.jpg

that sure is pretty. there's some people drooling over that.

Re: Switched to a Diablo Edge Driver...results so far

tcalloway1 said:
that sure is pretty. there's some people drooling over that.

And your avatar too....

Please don't tell me you like it with that shaft, because then you'll put the thought into my head and that's an expensive thought.

Please don't tell me you like it with that shaft, because then you'll put the thought into my head and that's an expensive thought.

For my swing that is the best shaft I have ever tried.

it's worse when you get to hit something with the right miyazaki in it, believe me. but it's worth it. JB's contacted Tim and i'll be buying one for sure. it's worth it. it does everything as advertised!

For my swing that is the best shaft I have ever tried.

same here JB, but you already knew that. thanks for letting me try one out.

I'm going to live vicariously (and inexpensively) through you two ;)

JB, interested to hear how you're hitting it on the course. That's where I found the best results with the club.

Will let you know later today. Hitting it again this morning.

Soooooooooo...how'd it go JB?

Sorry, living vicariously until my 10* gets here :banghead:

No Miyazaki in mine though, but I'd LOVE to get to try one sometime.

Went well. Love the feel of this shaft and paired with this head is perfect for me.

Wow, you guys weren't joking with the Edge. My 10* was a canon for me today, I even like the stock stiff Habanero...which is strange for me. It was awesome from the first tee-shot!

loved the Edge at the FL outing, will have mine hopefully in a month or so!

One last story on this club...

My Dad just turned 70 and flew out to play Torrey South with me (his gift from me).

I handed him my Edge on the practice tee and said, "Dad, try this. It's ugly but its a beast". He takes it, sets up and hands it back to me, "no thanks".

I know immediately he's snobbing it (because its a big ugly if you're a traditionalist), so I say, "I know it's ugly...just hit it once. Come on, one swing"

He obliges, grumbles and of course what happens...he absolutely crushed it. I reach over and say, "yeah, you're right. It's not for you, here give it back".

I didn't get it back for 20 minutes; he bought one.

Golf clubs are like women. Looks matter, but you'll dance with the uglies as long as they're taking care of you ;). What a game.

lol great story cmoors!

Re: Switched to a Diablo Edge Driver...results so far

That's a GREAT post Cmoors! Seriously, and I couldn't agree more, I love this thing.

I want to add that the 3W is also a fantastic club. Ive been killing it. Easiest 3W Ive hit. And I think its a better club then the R9 3W too.

All of this confirms that I will be getting a diablo edge at some point. I'll probably wait until next season when the price drops to a more reasonable level. If only I had signed up at golfsmith before the masters!!! I currently play an Adams XTD A3, and while I love it when I hit it right- it is not all that forgiving.

2 things....ok, 3 things....

1) This thing is a cannon.

2) The Graman S70 is curing in it now, it looks like a black stealth bomber.

3) I will never reshaft another Callaway driver, thank GOODNESS I just so happened to have a .335 Callaway tip adapter/ferrule (I have no idea why I had one, but I did). Craziness.

4) I've never hit another driver better. The shaft and head combo has been nothing short of amazing for me. Without trying to kill the ball I'm just mashing it with a smooth steady tempo'd swing. Easily 15 yards longer than I was with my 4DX. Truly an awesome club for me. Thanks THP for pointing me to it!

Just to reaffirm...(b/c I feel the need to)

5) CANNON.

I'm in absolute love with this driver/shaft combo. So forgiving, SO long!

Back