Did you break a 100 in florida :o)

Re: Did you break a 100 in florida :eek:)

tcalloway1 said:
nice work on the 41 buddy. that's solid stuff.

btw, love the addition to the screen name. it's just so true!

The guy was on fire. He owned the back 9 at Pelican
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't manage to break 100 either day, but got close on Sunday - shot a 101. Probably my best performance off the tee since I started playing again in Jan '09. On the back 9 I only missed one fairway, and hit one of the par 3's off the tee. That's much better than my usual tee performance.

I almost did Sunday, but I made the deadly mistake of having JB add up my score on the front nine after he added his up. Turns out I had a 45. Then I doubled the penalty by checking where I was after 17. I needed a bogey to shoot 99 and doubled it instead. Classic point of why I never like to add up my score until the last hole is over. I did start on fire with a bogey-par-par-par so I was +1 after 4. That's unheard of for me. I was still +4 after 6 before the penalty shots started! I putted well most of the day which saved the back nine from being worse than it was.

I didn't manage to break 100 either day, but got close on Sunday - shot a 101. Probably my best performance off the tee since I started playing again in Jan '09. On the back 9 I only missed one fairway, and hit one of the par 3's off the tee. That's much better than my usual tee performance.

Yay Osahar you made it back safely! Thank you for making the trip down here it was so great to meet you!

I almost did Sunday, but I made the deadly mistake of having JB add up my score on the front nine after he added his up. Turns out I had a 45. Then I doubled the penalty by checking where I was after 17. I needed a bogey to shoot 99 and doubled it instead. Classic point of why I never like to add up my score until the last hole is over. I did start on fire with a bogey-par-par-par so I was +1 after 4. That's unheard of for me. I was still +4 after 6 before the penalty shots started! I putted well most of the day which saved the back nine from being worse than it was.

Nice round Smalls! Sounds like you had a nice run like I did. Thats a nice feeling reelin off a bunch of pars like that!

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I wish things were going better at work as I would have loved to take the time to meet alot of you. Hopefully the next trip will be better timing for me. The great thing is the southeast has SO many places to play if this becomes a tradition I'm sure somewhere along the line it will be convenient for me to make.

I shot a 97 at Sarisota National which I was happy with, but I tried some stupid stuff that I knew I could not quite pull off.

On Sunday, I had a 43 on the front but things fell apart on the back and I scored a 56 for a total of 99. I sucked at putting both days. I had 20 putts on the front and didn't even bother to add up my putts on the back.

Playing with JB, Kevin and Thanks was a great time on Saturday. We all hit good shots and bad shots, but most of all we had fun.

I played with Biggs and Chuck on Sunday and we played from the blues which was a pretty cool experience for me. Biggsy can freekin kill a golf ball. They were very nice in dealing with my inexperience and answered my questions about the game and were happy to give advice if I asked for it. Both Biggsy and JB taught me how to play out of a fairway bunker which is something I have never really had to do before.

I shot a 97 at Sarisota National which I was happy with, but I tried some stupid stuff that I knew I could not quite pull off.

On Sunday, I had a 43 on the front but things fell apart on the back and I scored a 56 for a total of 99. I sucked at putting both days. I had 20 putts on the front and didn't even bother to add up my putts on the back.

Playing with JB, Kevin and Thanks was a great time on Saturday. We all hit good shots and bad shots, but most of all we had fun.

I played with Biggs and Chuck on Sunday and we played from the blues which was a pretty cool experience for me. Biggsy can freekin kill a golf ball. They were very nice in dealing with my inexperience and answered my questions about the game and were happy to give advice if I asked for it. Both Biggsy and JB taught me how to play out of a fairway bunker which is something I have never really had to do before.

how sweet is it watching biggsy tee off? nice penetrating ball flight that just keeps on penetrating. very impressive to watch and listen to.

how sweet is it watching biggsy tee off? nice penetrating ball flight that just keeps on penetrating. very impressive to watch and listen to.

He had one shot that never got over 30 feet off the ground, but it just kept on going. Looked like a missile.

tcalloway1 said:

You say "penetrating" like you mean it. :D

Biggsy does launch. Something to shoot for from my standpoint.

You say "penetrating" like you mean it. :D

Biggsy does launch. Something to shoot for from my standpoint.

that's how tc rolls spank, but you already knew that.

i'm glad you felt like you were hitting the ball better on sunday. now you have some good things to work on huh?

tcalloway1 said:
that's how tc rolls spank, but you already knew that.

i'm glad you felt like you were hitting the ball better on sunday. now you have some good things to work on huh?

You bet. At least I'll be able to say that I'm working on my left nut alignment drill. :D

You bet. At least I'll be able to say that I'm working on my left nut alignment drill. :D

ROFL!! dude, that was a good one. hey, if it works and it makes you remember it, then it's a hell of a tip.

Back