Insert Putters - What are your thoughts?

Does it make any sense that I was having distance control issues with the White Hot Pro? Felt fantastic. Loved the feel. I just couldn't/can't gauge speed with it.

The non-insert Anser II was pretty good. Felt much firmer, but I was able to feel distances better.
It took 2 or 3 rounds for me to get used to the insert

I've been up and down for a few weeks before today. I put a brand new putter into play, with no practice green time and tremendously better

Does it make any sense that I was having distance control issues with the White Hot Pro? Felt fantastic. Loved the feel. I just couldn't/can't gauge speed with it.

The non-insert Anser II was pretty good. Felt much firmer, but I was able to feel distances better.

When I first transitioned to my Tank Cruiser from a milled face I had a hard time hitting it hard enough on longer putts. After a few rounds I got the pace down & love it now. Just takes a few rounds/practice sessions to get the feel down.

When I first transitioned to my Tank Cruiser from a milled face I had a hard time hitting it hard enough on longer putts. After a few rounds I got the pace down & love it now. Just takes a few rounds/practice sessions to get the feel down.

I feel like I have put in the time though. I don't want to force the putter in the bag. Keep in mind, I have a few different insert putters, but only one insert that's giving me fits. It's frustrating.

I feel like I have put in the time though. I don't want to force the putter in the bag. Keep in mind, I have a few different insert putters, but only one insert that's giving me fits. It's frustrating.

The WHP insert is my first so I don't have anything to compare it to. FWIW I don't think it's a forcing it issue & more of an adjustment to it. Not sure what other inserts you've rolled, but comparing is it noticeably shorter with similar strokes?

The WHP insert is my first so I don't have anything to compare it to. FWIW I don't think it's a forcing it issue & more of an adjustment to it. Not sure what other inserts you've rolled, but comparing is it noticeably shorter with similar strokes?

I have a TMag with a TruRoll and a Ping Scottsdale TR. I don't have issues gauging speed with those. Being on the practice green is one thing. Being on the course is another.

I have enough putters that I don't want to have to adjust to a putter just because of its logo.

I have a TMag with a TruRoll and a Ping Scottsdale TR. I don't have issues gauging speed with those. Being on the practice green is one thing. Being on the course is another.

I have enough putters that I don't want to have to adjust to a putter just because of its logo.

I wasn't suggesting adjusting bc of a logo, just trying to offer some feedback based on my transition & facing similar distance adjustment issues.

I wasn't suggesting adjusting bc of a logo, just trying to offer some feedback based on my transition & facing similar distance adjustment issues.

I understand. I really want the WHP to work because of the logo.

I've decided if all insert putters had the WHP insert, I'd be ok with that.

I've decided if all insert putters had the WHP insert, I'd be ok with that.

I love how it feels. LOVE it. I am just worried about trying to force it into my bag. I've got a competition coming up. So I want to putt well. But I also want to properly represent while I'm in the competition.

I love how it feels. LOVE it. I am just worried about trying to force it into my bag. I've got a competition coming up. So I want to putt well. But I also want to properly represent while I'm in the competition.
I'm sure you will show them how forgiving their driver is...

In the immortal words that Hawk has pounded into my brain, don't overthink it. Just go putt.

I'm sure you will show them how forgiving their driver is...

Stay on topic please...:alien:

But well played. Very well played!

In the immortal words that Hawk has pounded into my brain, don't overthink it. Just go putt.

Hawk is smarter than me.

Absolutely love the WHP as well, and after going to a different grip I've gotten more of that wonderful feel back. Its just so consistent for me and my distance control has never been better. My putting hasn't been amazing this season but I blame my disgusting lack of practice and not the putter for putts not dropping haha least they've been close

Joe, stop it. Just look at the hole and take a practice stroke to gauge your speed, quit thinking about it and putt the ball.

So I was watching some European Tour golf this weekend and it seemed as though more guys used milled putters over there than over here.

I wonder what the actual breakdown is on each tour.

Joe, stop it. Just look at the hole and take a practice stroke to gauge your speed, quit thinking about it and putt the ball.

Close enough. :alien:

So I was watching some European Tour golf this weekend and it seemed as though more guys used milled putters over there than over here.

I wonder what the actual breakdown is on each tour.

Maybe Koske would shed some light on that.

Close enough.

Haha :) I am predictable.

Maybe Koske would shed some light on that.

Just sent them a tweet. Would be interested to find out.

If it's true, I wonder if it has anything to do with the colder temps that normally take place on the Euro Tour. I know the colder temps can alter how an insert (especially one like the White Hot) feels. Perhaps a milled putter provides a more consistent feel in a variety of weather conditions.

Well it looks like perception is different than reality!

Been thinking more about this one lately, and really, they are completely interchangeable to me right now. But, I try not to overthink the putter too much and just play what I am enjoying instead.

Curious to see what we see coming down the pipe insert wise though in the near future.

In the last month I've used both as well dude. Had good putting days with both. No big issues going back and forth for me.

really like the Metal-X insert, just prefer a milled face putter. there is something so satisfying about the sound off the face and insert putters just have never given me that.

In the last month I've used both as well dude. Had good putting days with both. No big issues going back and forth for me.

Yep, I think the mind really gets in the way on this one. Im not saying its not ok to have a preference, I prefer milled, but I can play both no problemo with no issues changing.

Back