Adrian Peterson Indicted For Child Abuse

I'm not huge into conspiracy theories, more like connecting the dots, but it seems a bit convenient. TMZ is owned by Time Warner, ESPN costs cable providers $6 per subscriber, really the most expensive channel in providers lineups, 43x the median cost of a channel. TMZ has been the first to break both of these stories. Just seems convenient, that's all.

Or ESPN just isn't doing their job effectively and has become a house organ for the NFL. That seems to be the simplest explanation, to me at any rate.

Regardless, if the facts - as reported - are to be believed, the timing matters not.

Hate seeing this given the history...

Well , in all honesty .. My son is so so so so spoiled . And is only 3 , we go shopping and he puts toys in the cart . When I try and remove the toy it is like the world ended for him . I can't figure how to get the toy out of the cart , he remembers everything . He will literally pick up the toy and hand to the lady at the checkout .

I'm in trouble :( :(

lol yeah man. Just gotta say no. I love my 7 year old son. He tells me he loves me all the time. Even when he's grounded. Then he asks for some candy. I say no. We're at the store shopping. He asks me, "Daddy was I good today?" I reply "yes" him: "Can I have a toy??" me: why because you are being good? him: yeah. Me: No because that's how you're supposed to be every time now c'mon lets go"

I'm not huge into conspiracy theories, more like connecting the dots, but it seems a bit convenient. TMZ is owned by Time Warner, ESPN costs cable providers $6 per subscriber, really the most expensive channel in providers lineups, 43x the median cost of a channel. TMZ has been the first to break both of these stories. Just seems convenient, that's all.

Thanks. I totally missed the TW connection.

Time Warner owning TMZ takes nothing away from RR or AP hurting people they should be protecting. Don't want a tabloid to leak news of you whipping your kid? Don't whip your kid.

Time Warner owning TMZ takes nothing away from RR or AP hurting people they should be protecting. Don't want a tabloid to leak news of you whipping your kid? Don't whip your kid.
*facepalm* Obviously not condoning what they did, or criticizing a network for breaking this story. Kind of missed my point.

*facepalm* Obviously not condoning what they did, or criticizing a network for breaking this story. Kind of missed my point.

No I got your point. Tmz is trumping ESPN for dirty scoops to try and lower the price of ESPN to cable subscribers. Or something. And he was not indicted the first time.

But he admitted to whipping his kid. That's all I care about

He was suspended before sentencing.
Goodell has been stricter than ANY commissioner before him in just about any sport.

Goodell took the easy way out on Vick and Rothlesberger. He wanted to do the same with Ray Rice until the video surfaced. Vick should have been suspended for life. The guy was mercilessly torturing and killing dogs while running an interstate gambling ring. How convenient though that his suspension overlapped his prison term plus 3 games.

Hopefully Floyd Mayweather gives his opinion on this matter.

And Roddy white...
As the worst week in NFL history comes to a close, we wrap things up with Falcons receiver Roddy White winning the award for the worst response to the Adrian Peterson indictment.

When White heard that Peterson has been indicted for injuring his 4-year-old son, White’s concerns weren’t for the boy, or anyone else connected to the case. White’s concerns were for his own fantasy football team.

“I’m probably going to lose my fantasy football matchup this week cause all day can’t play Sunday for disciplining his child Jesus help us,” White wrote on Twitter.

White later deleted the tweet. The rest of us will try to delete it from our memory. And think back to a better time, when White was just using Twitter to weasel out of March Madness bets.

Saw that too. What a freaking idiot.

Or Chris Brown. Looking forward to his opinion on this too ;)

Isn't it time the NFL banned its players from using twitter? At least during the season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter is both fantastic and awful. At the same time.

Are we 100% sure the kid is his son. The story just refers to him as a child and 4 year old boy.

If for some reason it wasn't his son, but maybe a friend of his son over visiting, then no way can it be considered discipline.

I'm not a parent but I've always understood it that you never ever put out your hands ( in a punishing way) on someone else's child.

Either way it doesn't look good for him if he has to surrender to authorities.

Someone should have told my friend's parents. We would get it from them if we needed it, then again after our parents got home. Only happened to me once.

There is definitely a different opinion of what is discipline and what is abuse from when many of us were kids back in the day to what is considered that today. Even the comment about marks says that. Chances are, if it enough to make a sting that will convince you not to do it again, it will leave a mark. I got whippins with switches, belts, and fly swatters. My mom broke more plastic fly swatters over my butt and legs than I can count. And I can't tell you how many butterfly shaped welts I had as a result. The target was always my butt, but with me jumping around as they had me by an arm, it was a tough target to hit.

The pics in the article did look bad though, but it sounds like AP is very remorseful. One event doesn't mean he should be thrown to the wolves. When I was about 4, I was playing with some matches and started a fire-In the house!! My dad lost self control and once the fire was out, he whipped me with a belt and left blisters blood welts that I imagine looked like the ones in the photo. I don't remember the event at all so it didn't scar me for life apparently. But the point is he felt horrible about whipping me like that, to that extent, that he had lost his self control to that degree. But then again, look what I had done. We had little to no money and I about burned our house down and fear had taken over.

We don't know anything about what really happened. Right now it is a bunch of little tidbits, probably a lot of inaccurate information and half truths or just enough to be taken WAY out of context, or to allow the masses to for misinformed opinions and judgements.

These fking morons are millionaires sadly.

This world just isn't fair.

Your views on this are largely determined by your age and/or where you grew up. I imagine next the state prosecutors will be going after the tens of millions of other adults that have used a switch, belt, strap, yardstick, etc. and left visible marks on their kids and grandkids. I was from the north, so my dad used a "strap" on our bottoms. I don't know if I knew any kids growing up in my neighborhood who didn't get welts inflicted by their parents occasionally. Maybe they should start prosecuting teenage brothers any time blood or visible marks are present. I certainly got the snot kicked out of me by my older brother. I'm sure he's thankful we didn't grow up now where I could have him indicted. The wussification of American marches on.

Your views on this are largely determined by your age and/or where you grew up. I imagine next the state prosecutors will be going after the tens of millions of other adults that have used a switch, belt, strap, yardstick, etc. and left visible marks on their kids and grandkids. I was from the north, so my dad used a "strap" on our bottoms. I don't know if I knew any kids growing up in my neighborhood who didn't get welts inflicted by their parents occasionally. Maybe they should start prosecuting teenage brothers any time blood or visible marks are present. I certainly got the snot kicked out of me by my older brother. I'm sure he's thankful we didn't grow up now where I could have him indicted. The wussification of American marches on.

I take it you didn't look at the pictures?

There's nothing more wussified than striking a child.

Your views on this are largely determined by your age and/or where you grew up.

I was from the north, so my dad used a "strap" on our bottoms. I don't know if I knew any kids growing up in my neighborhood who didn't get welts inflicted by their parents occasionally.

The wussification of American marches on.
Some of my whippings would raise eyebrows by today's standards. What happened here appears to have gone well beyond what we experienced growing up.

Some of my whippings would raise eyebrows by today's standards. What happened here appears to have gone well beyond what we experienced growing up.

Adrian also has to understand, he has the power to crush grown men ... and here he was disciplining a four year old child. Giving the kid a "good 'ol whooping" with his power? Yeah, not good. He isn't paid to think for a living, so no wonder he doesn't thinks off the field either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Physical punishment is still around. I don't think it has this great positive effect people seem to think it does. And like was said, you must not have seen the pictures. Tired of all the "that's the way we used to do it and I turned out ok" stories (in general, not just on this). I suppose we shouldn't have car seats for kids either because kids didn't used to ride in them, and that always worked.

Count me in the camp as having received my fair share of whoopings as a kid, some with a belt or switch. I firmly believe that the lack of it nowadays is large reason for the degradation of society. That being said, as I was discussing with my wife earlier, as the father of two 4 year olds, I can't imagine using a belt or switch on someone so small when a pat on the fanny more than does the trick. In this respect, I think he was wrong and abusive. If the kid was 11 or 12, my feelings would be different.

Back