What's your favorite time of the year to golf?

Spring,summer,fall and winter for me. Love all the time.

When ever the temp is over 34° and there's no snow and the course allows to play. June-August is ok too.

The course always looks it's best in fall and I love that but I know the season is coming to an end. My favorite time is when spring is breaking into summer.

I very much prefer the moderate temps of the spring and fall. But combined with football stealing my attention and that I despise searching for a ball among fallen leaves, it's spring all the way.

Because of football and shifting obsessions, it's not uncommon for me to have played my last round for the year by late August. Crazy. Not a time issue, purely a lack of desire.

Christmas time...half-day schedule at the office, cooler temperatures, no rain.

As the season is changing from summer to fall here it got me wondering what everyone's favorite season to golf in is? I did a search for a thread, but it was a few years old so figured it couldn't hurt to start a new one. I for one LOVE fall golf. Nothing beats playing in pants and sweater on a cool morning and having it warm up in the early afternoon. Most courses here in the NE are just starting to have the tree's leaves change colors and it can make for some beautiful courses. The only down side of fall golf up here is having to play with cheaper golf balls as it's not out of the normal to lose a ball in the middle of the fairway because of how many leaves are on the ground. What's the THP community have to say?

When I lived in New England I felt the same way. In Florida I think spring is the best time. Fall can be hot and wet but spring is perfect and there are no leaves.

Favorite time of year to golf?

The time a whole bunch of THPers are on the same course. THAT's what time I like best.

Outside of that, Spring.

Spring, when it isn't raining. Because it means there are about six to eight months of golf coming up.

Fall golf sucks because you deal with leaves first and winter next.

This^^^^^^^^^

Spring, it's still cool and there are no leaves on the ground.
If its 55 or above I'm wearing shorts.

Late spring for me.
Ground won't be too soft or wet.

In the fall just too many leaves on the ground.
In the winter, just too much snow on the ground, and too cold.

Summer for me! It doesn't take me long to get warm and there is plenty of time for a relaxed 36 hole day. I love being able to start a round at 4/5pm and finish it before dark.

Right now if there was 1,000,000+ corporate outings and tournaments where I normally play. May and September are golf outing months.

September is my favorite time because the weather is usually perfect, the leaves haven't started to fall yet, the courses are in great shape and it seems a ton of people put their clubs in the closet come Labor Day.

Late spring for me.
Ground won't be too soft or wet.

In the fall just too many leaves on the ground.
In the winter, just too much snow on the ground, and too cold.

I agree with this 100%. Spring time is the best. The excitement of a new season starting, not many leaves, and the weather is only going to get better as time goes.

From now until the frost kills fairways and rough.

Fall is my favorite time. The color changes, my game is usually at it's best and the crisp chill in the early morning is great.

In Saskatchewan, I like golfing in the late summer ( Aug 15 - Sep 15, more or less) Not much for leaves, less humidity, daytime highs in high 60s or low 70s. Perfect!

I like spring the best, maybe because I've had a 5 month lay-off and golf is new to me again. By September I'm ready to trade in the sticks for a shotgun knowing that soon after the snow will fly and I will be reunited with my true love, skiing. :act-up:

I think my favorite time is late September - June and that my second favorite is from July - late September. Norcal weather…

I like spring the best, maybe because I've had a 5 month lay-off and golf is new to me again. By September I'm ready to trade in the sticks for a shotgun knowing that soon after the snow will fly and I will be reunited with my true love, skiing. :act-up:

Waterfowl or upland?

There is something about fall golf that I love. Maybe I cherish the rounds because I know I am coming up on 3-4 months of no golf or the beauty golf courses take on with the assistance of changing colors of leaves. Fall golf is my favorite.

September is my favorite time because the weather is usually perfect, the leaves haven't started to fall yet, the courses are in great shape and it seems a ton of people put their clubs in the closet come Labor Day.

What he said. Plus my game and swing is usually in it's best shape around this time of year.

For me its gotta be August and September. Its the only time all year we actually see some rollout and conditions are just perfect.

I like September/October for Fall golf. I really like May/June because there's lots of daylight and I can get some really early morning and late evening rounds in as well.

Back