2014 Ryder Cup Contest & Official Thread - Two Bushnell Tour V3 Rangefinders

I've never seen someone criticize more hall of farmers than him. He's half the golfer most guys he rips apart are.

Its what Chamblee is paid to do, I think in this instance he's right, Phil is not going to come out of this well. Time and a place for Phil to make his stance known, not right after the game has ended.

I don't even think USA would of won with the pod system this year either and as I said before, the pod system worked in 08 but what about the years after. The USA do not play and work as a team, to many egos at play from the so called big guns.

Time to rethink this USA vs. everyone else format.

It's a little ridiculous to expect Chamblee to do his job without ever criticizing a golfer that America loves. I'm not a Chamblee supporter by any means but the man is doing his job and in this case I agree with him.

In a few days Mickelson is going to regret this.

It's a little ridiculous to expect Chamblee to do his job without ever criticizing a golfer that America loves. I'm not a Chamblee supporter by any means but the man is doing his job and in this case I agree with him.

In a few days Mickelson is going to regret this.

Yah Mickelson was 100% in the wrong. IF you don't agree with something fine but theres a time and place. Being a baby up on stage in the press conference just shows zero class.

Yah Mickelson was 100% in the wrong. IF you don't agree with something fine but theres a time and place. Being a baby up on stage in the press conference just shows zero class.

Duck your head man, you can't just be criticizing Phil like that.

Does that mean he should be allowed to share an opinion?
No not at all but he's got the Johnny Miller attitude without the Johnny miller record to back it up. I get tired of guys that were in the marching band in HS that became football analysts that do that in the NFL too.

No not at all but he's got the Johnny Miller attitude without the Johnny miller record to back it up. I get tired of guys that were in the marching band in HS that became football analysts that do that in the NFL too.

Wait. Isn't this thread full of people being critical of golfers even though we can't even comprehend their skill?

By that logic none of us can ever criticize a pro athlete, ever. I'm just a bad golfer with an embarrassing swing but I'll criticize the play or behavior of the pros all I want.

Wait. Isn't this thread full of people being critical of golfers even though we can't even comprehend their skill?

By that logic none of us can ever criticize a pro athlete, ever. I'm just a bad golfer with an embarrassing swing but I'll criticize the play or behavior of the pros all I want.
None of us have the attitude that we're better than everyone else though.

I used to be so excited about the Ryder Cup. I love watching golf and I found the team format and competitive aspects of the Ryder Cup so enticing and captivating.

Nowadays, I feel like being a U.S. supporter it is looking forward to a football game where your lifelong favorite team is playing another great team, having to put it on Tivo because you have something else to do, and then being informed before you get to watch it that your team got smoked. Then you have no interest in watching the replay because you know what the outcome is going to be, and you don't want to see your team suffer.

That's how I feel now about the Ryder Cup. The U.S. just can't seem to win, and it is really no longer a contest, IMO. The outcome seems preordained somehow, for reasons I just don't understand. It's just not fun for me to watch anymore because it seems so certain it is going to end badly, and the U.S. players are going to be so disappointed. I probably watched about two hours worth of the entire contest, and I typically watch probably 10-12 hours of golf on the regular tours each week. :sad:

Well europe barely won it at Medinah so wasnt much to it then. I am sure US will get their revenge in 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of us have the attitude that we're better than everyone else though.

Ummm...there are some assumptions being made with this post.

Chamblee is paid to give his opinion in hopes of generating buzz or TGC. It's effective.

Mickelson criticising his Captain is exactly why the USA just can't win this thing. They don't have the right attitude regardless of desire or skills.

Well europe barely won it at Medinah so wasnt much to it then. I am sure US will get their revenge in 2 years.

Could be. Very few great, even dominating teams, go undefeated. But we've lost 8 out of 10 now, which is pretty startling. The trend is pretty clear, and unless it gets reversed, I think the interest level is going to drop like it did when the results were typically the reverse.

I think a pga vs euro tour event could be pretty interesting.

Could be. Very few great, even dominating teams, go undefeated. But we've lost 8 out of 10 now, which is pretty startling. The trend is pretty clear, and unless it gets reversed, I think the interest level is going to drop like it did when the results were typically the reverse.

Europe just has some standout players this decade. Like rory, kaymer, rose, stenson, garcia. I am sure new talent from US will arrive for next rydercup. US needs the young ones to star

Europe just has some standout players this decade. Like rory, kaymer, rose, stenson, garcia. I am sure new talent from US will arrive for next rydercup. US needs the young ones to star

Like Kirk and Horshel.

That drum is getting beat to death.

I hope Team USA does not go down the revenge or redemption road next time out. I thought the whole redemption thing was an ill advised theme. Surely that was not the reason they lost but it put the team at odds with management right off the bat as the players were left downplaying the theme management wanted them to adopt. As I said earlier it seemed to have been conceived by some PGA big shot that just would not let 2012 go and shoved the whole redemption theme down this team's throat like it or not.

I would rather see them concentrate on things that might actually have a positive impact in the sessions.

I don't know why everyone is ripping the whole process apart after this weekend. Most of the golf world expected US to get crushed.

If they were to change Id say eliminate any qualifying criteria and let the captain pick the entire team.

I don't know why everyone is ripping the whole process apart after this weekend. Most of the golf world expected US to get crushed.

If they were to change Id say eliminate any qualifying criteria and let the captain pick the entire team.

Probably has something to do with two of our hottest golfers sitting at home.

Or losing 8 of the last 10???

The system was broken before this weekend and needs to be addressed immediately. Zero qualifying and no requirements. The captain chooses the team just like every other national sport I can think of.

Wasn't this info a little late though? I mean, looking back its easy to say what was wrong with the picks but we won't know that going in. We definitely had some players there that didn't perform but it doesn't seem to be just a select couple. It looks like the team as a whole had issues. Next time around, maybe focus on some youth and players that have not been there yet. What do we have to lose? I also agree with the above statement that the whole team should be picked, players should not be automatically on because they are able to perform well MOST of the season. Mickelson and Bradley were not coming into this on a high note, I know I didn't expect much out of them, but we needed more. Reed surprised me, I was wrong, I thought he'd be a dud... We just got outplayed big time, I do hope for more fresh faces next time around.

When asked how they felt about sitting out Friday afternoon Patrick Reed said: "We do what our Captain wants. It's our job go out and win points. So far we have done that and we will continue to do our best" Paraphrasing but how does a 20 something year old know how to handle that and our oldest leader on the team doesn't. I'm disappointed in Phil to be honest.

Or losing 8 of the last 10???

The system was broken before this weekend and needs to be addressed immediately. Zero qualifying and no requirements. The captain chooses the team just like every other national sport I can think of.
If we win 8 of 10 would the system be broken? Of course not. The formula is very simple. Play better and learn to close out matches. We absolutely cannot close.

Back