Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wedge Review

As always, a nice job on the review.

Yesterday was a good barometer for how effective these (CBs) are out of the sand for me. My swing hasn't been on, and this is always most evident in my wedge play. I found myself in the sand twice yesterday - both in a greenside and fairway bunker, and got out cleanly both times - blasting it out in the first case and hitting a 1/2 shot or so the second time.

For me, I think part of this is the weighting. It took a while to get used to, but I like the heavy feel of the Cleveland wedges.

Is there much difference in "feel" between the Blade and CB versions ?

I play 50,54,58 in my wedges, and can see looking at the 50/54 in CB, but more i think about why not the 58 as well, if the grinds are similar and allow the same versatility. thinking 50/54 in 2 dot, and 58 in one dot

Is there much difference in "feel" between the Blade and CB versions ?

I play 50,54,58 in my wedges, and can see looking at the 50/54 in CB, but more i think about why not the 58 as well, if the grinds are similar and allow the same versatility. thinking 50/54 in 2 dot, and 58 in one dot

None that I've noticed and I do carry both.

None that I've noticed and I do carry both.

sorry meant to ask this as well, is there much size difference, while i know they mention it, i just can't imagine it could be much to the naked eye.

sorry meant to ask this as well, is there much size difference, while i know they mention it, i just can't imagine it could be much to the naked eye.

If there is, I can't say I've noticed it all all, either in the bag or at address. Some may be more sensitive to that than I am and have a different opinion, but you I'd never know which version I had in hand if I didn't look at the back of the club.

If there is, I can't say I've noticed it all all, either in the bag or at address. Some may be more sensitive to that than I am and have a different opinion, but you I'd never know which version I had in hand if I didn't look at the back of the club.

Im with you here. Last year I played the 50cb and the 54 and 58 mb and never could tell a difference.

Im with you here. Last year I played the 50cb and the 54 and 58 mb and never could tell a difference.

Thanks JB and Hawk, i figured as much, just wondered. Can't wait to try a few different set ups out, see what fits me.

Got to try the 54 today. Definitely has a touch more spin than my rtx 1.0. But nothing too different to me. Still a bad A wedge though.

I picked up the 54* Black Pearl CB today.

I looked a lot back and forth between it and the MB. Definitely figured more forgiveness is never a bad thing.

And it actually looks very sharp for a CB wedge.

It'll make it's debut this Friday on the Palmer course.

I picked up the 54* Black Pearl CB today.

I looked a lot back and forth between it and the MB. Definitely figured more forgiveness is never a bad thing.

And it actually looks very sharp for a CB wedge.

It'll make it's debut this Friday on the Palmer course.
Nice Rob... You got you a nice wedge there. Really have been enjoying my CB's and your wedge you gave me was the start of loving Cleveland wedges..

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wedge Review

Nice Rob... You got you a nice wedge there. Really have been enjoying my CB's and your wedge you gave me was the start of loving Cleveland wedges..

Thanks Andrew. Yeah it really is a sharp looking wedge.

I went back and forth on the 54 or 56, but since I have been playing a 54 for about 9 years I figured I should stick with it.

I seem to be short a 60 :) Just might have to rectify that.

I still have credit on my GG card and I got an unexpected expense reimbursement from work tonight in the mail !!

You are welcome to try out my 60°, CAA.

You are welcome to try out my 60°, CAA.

Thanks Hawk!! If I don't have one in the bag by then. I certainly will try it out.

Planning on a lunch time drive by of Golf Galaxy today or tomorrow. It may be hard to resist just going ahead and picking one up.

Hope to hit balls today after work and try out the 54.

Ok no problem either way. Just please feel free to ask. I'm a sharer. Did you go 2 Dot?

Spent 20 minutes at the short game area today working on the bunker game. I really really like these wedges.

Spent 20 minutes at the short game area today working on the bunker game. I really really like these wedges.

I really really need to steal, er, hit Hawk's this weekend some.

Ok no problem either way. Just please feel free to ask. I'm a sharer. Did you go 2 Dot?

I'm not shy. Yes two dot.

Anyone spend some excessive time with the gap wedge?
Mine is a 48 bent to 49.

I'm now certain my 53* is my 100 yard club as I've hit it between 100 and 103 the last 4 shots I've taken.

For the life of me it seems I can't hit the 49 further than the 53. Just not the same flight and longer distance I would expect.

Reminds me of what I saw with j40 52* that was bent to 50*

Thoughts

Mine is a 48 bent to 49.

I'm now certain my 53* is my 100 yard club as I've hit it between 100 and 103 the last 4 shots I've taken.

For the life of me it seems I can't hit the 49 further than the 53. Just not the same flight and longer distance I would expect.

Thoughts

Do you hit them different heights?

Do you hit them different heights?
To the eye it's so hard to tell and it's really only been on the course shots as I haven't spent time on range swinging it much. I'll make it a point to hit some tomorrow at the range and take note and maybe even get some rough distances

To the eye it's so hard to tell and it's really only been on the course shots as I haven't spent time on range swinging it much. I'll make it a point to hit some tomorrow at the range and take note and maybe even get some rough distances

See if you can get a couple of practice shots in on the course or if the course will let you run out to an empty hole. Measure 100 yards and hit 6 balls alternating between the wedges. It could be as little as an 8-10 yard difference or so, which could be teh difference in fringe on the front and fringe on the back on perfectly struck.

Mine is a 48 bent to 49.

Thoughts

I've found the 48 (to 49) to gap pretty much perfectly between the 53 and the P from the Srixon set.

I'll be adding a 2.0 CB 54 or 52 soon. Fact.

Back