Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

First round with Blue Bio Cell driver today. Actually first time I have hit this club outdoors. Good-bye Razr Fit Xtreme. Love this driver. 11 fairways hit others only a foot or less off fairway. Better distance also. Great day and it all started with the Bio Cell.

Nice dude! Glad you're enjoying it.

Plus, blue = badass!

Blue bombers are the best

+1. I have the blue and love it! My 2 year old calls it the blue baron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really thinking of cutting mine down a bit. Didn't really get into any balls today at Orange County National, and I feel like the club is just a tad too long for me.

Nice dude! Glad you're enjoying it.

Plus, blue = badass!
I agree with your blue assessment. Even gamed a yellow Srixon today. Loved the 2 colors together at address. Was waiting for some kind of tie-dye explosion.
But really, I do love this driver.

Didnt get to tinker with it as much as I wanted to on the range but I played with it set at 11.5 draw and hit some bombs today. A couple pushing 290-295 and most 260-270 so I definetly picked up some distance. Im still trying to figure out the two big misses I had. I think I may have been overcompensating because of the hole layout but not sure. Looking forward to tinkering some more with the settings to find whats most consistent. I want to get this thing on a more open course as my home course makes me work the ball a good bit more than Id like. So as of now I have to say I am pleased with the club so far, I will say on center hits, I hardly felt the ball coming off the face and it just shot out there which feels awesome.

A good buddy bought an R1 last year but doesn't have much success with it. After our round today we hit the golf shop and he started hitting drivers. After watching him hit various brands I handed him the Cobra. He hit a few, hit his R1 then hit a few more with the Cobra.

Then I handed him a Cobra 3 wood. Same thing, fell in love with it.

Another convert to Cobra.

I can't describe how amazing my day with this driver was today. A minor swing change plus this driver resulted in me touching parts of the course I rarely touch, but on the fly. So giddy right now.

Okay, so I was going to hold out and try and get my hands on a 915 D2, but as much as I want one, I just can't justify spending that kind of money so I went on the bay and grabbed a blue Bio Cell after reading all the hype here. Too many of you love this driver and I got a brand new one for $144 shipped so I figured it was a good deal... Hope to get this thing next week and give it a shot!

Congrats. I really love mine and not just because it's blue (one of the reasons though). The ball just jumps of this driver and forgiveness and accuracy is just wonderful.

I was bonding just fine with mine until I broke my arse. It felt comfortable in my hands and I was hitting more fairways which is so refreshing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good buddy bought an R1 last year but doesn't have much success with it. After our round today we hit the golf shop and he started hitting drivers. After watching him hit various brands I handed him the Cobra. He hit a few, hit his R1 then hit a few more with the Cobra.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Purchased this driver after not being able to find a groove with my TM R1 Black. No matter what the settings were I would miss right with that club. I decided to try the black Bio Cell, and I'm glad I did. I get more roll with the same amount of carry, which means more distance. The best part is that I'm very consistent with the Bio Cell as far as accuracy... Shot dispersion is predictable and very tight even on bad swings. I no longer fight a slice off the tee and I'm only using the neutral setting with this driver. FWIW I'm a 7 or 8 ish handicap with a driver swing speed averaging about 100mph. I've been a fade/slice guy all of my life until picking up this driver, and am now a true believer in Cobra. [/FONT]

So I have received my blue Bio Cell today, but I am trying to locate a serial number for authentication purposes. The website says it should be in the hosel screw pocket? Well, there is nothing there. I do have a return policy but I just want to make sure I am not looking in the wrong place. Anybody have some input on this?

Ive got a blue one too ill take a look in a minute and let you know.

Ok I looked and its acutally in the same little channel that the setting screw is in. About 10 numbers or so.

Ok I looked and its acutally in the same little channel that the setting screw is in. About 10 numbers or so.

I have seen thats where they should be, but I do not have a serial in that spot :(. I have some days left for return if I have to but I'd rather not go through that if I don't have to. Thanks so much for looking. It didn't show up till late and by the time I called CS, they were already closed. BTW, are you using the stock PX shaft and if so, what do you think of it? I was getting CRAZY spin numbers on a monitor at Golfsmith last week, I am hoping it was machine error.

Yeah I am using the stock shaft right now and getting 250 carry on good shots. I havent been able to get all the stats as I have no launch monitor anywhere near me. I wont lie and say I dont want to tinker with the shaft setup a little bit and see what I can get out of it. I think im gonna stick with this driver for awhile though. If you have time take a picture of your driver up close and Ill compare and see if I see any major differences. Also where did you buy it from?

Yeah I am using the stock shaft right now and getting 250 carry on good shots. I havent been able to get all the stats as I have no launch monitor anywhere near me. I wont lie and say I dont want to tinker with the shaft setup a little bit and see what I can get out of it. I think im gonna stick with this driver for awhile though. If you have time take a picture of your driver up close and Ill compare and see if I see any major differences. Also where did you buy it from?

Bought it off eBay, but a reputable seller with excellent feedback. I already have an email to them for a possible explantation. I just wanted to know if anyone else in here does not have a serial number. I really want to take it for a test drive but may hold off in case I decide to send it back. I will snap some pics but it looks legit to me in almost every way, but I'm not expert...

Here's what I have... there is a tiny imperfection where the blue paint meets the face, could just be nothing though.... there is so much detail to these Bio Cell heads I would imagine it would be tough to duplicate but not impossible.

What do you think?

Check the sticker on the shaft, near the hosel. My driver was like yours. A quick call to Cobra customer service was the reassurance I needed. They had some heads made near the start of the run that didn't have the serial put on the screw pocket, just on the shaft sticker.
I peeled off my shaft sticker and put it in the instruction book for future reference.
PM me the name of the eBay vendor you bought from and I'll let you know if it is the same as the one I bought from.
i love mine, looking at picking up a hybrid or two when the prices really go down over the winter. I might even get the whole iron set...

Check the sticker on the shaft, near the hosel. My driver was like yours. A quick call to Cobra customer service was the reassurance I needed. They had some heads made near the start of the run that didn't have the serial put on the screw pocket, just on the shaft sticker.
I peeled off my shaft sticker and put it in the instruction book for future reference.
PM me the name of the eBay vendor you bought from and I'll let you know if it is the same as the one I bought from.
i love mine, looking at picking up a hybrid or two when the prices really go down over the winter. I might even get the whole iron set...

Cool, man. Thanks for the info. I didn't even peel the shaft sticker off yet as I figured that might contain the info I need, but great idea sticking it to the book. PM coming your way....

Finally got the Bio Cell out today and I have to say, I was more impressed than I expected to be. I flat out expected to be losing this thing right all day going by what the launch monitor was showing me last week.. In fact, it was the exact opposite... I couldn't keep it right probably from the draw bias face. I need to work with it a little more as today on the course was it's maiden voyage so I had no clue what to expect. Later in the round I got a little more comfortable and it was longer than expected for sure.

I would like to ask those of you playing the stock shaft which flex you are using and what your swing speed is. I'm typically 99-102 mph and have the PXv 6.0 in it but have always been a fan of the 5.5 and wondering how that one is playing for those of you using it.

Thats great dude. Always nice to find something that works well for you.

Back