All good things come to a end.

Sorry to hear... Hope things work out for the best for you

I am sorry your son has to go through this and I am sorry your marriage did not turn out the way the two of you thought.

I think it is very important for parents to be happy to be the best they can be for the kids. So I am glad that you can get on with the healing process, get lost on the golf course and put energy into being a better, stronger version of you for your boy.

Hey Dustin, just seeing this post, been MIA from the interweb the last couple of days. I'm sorry to hear about this. Having been through this I know it' s not easy. Being there for your son is the most important thing you'll ever do. Good luck buddy.

Sorry to hear this. Always a tough situation when a child is involved. Positive thoughts and prayers for all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry for you guys. I hope you learned a valuable lesson and never again have a joint bank account.

I'm sorry for you guys. I hope you learned a valuable lesson and never again have a joint bank account.

I don't want to derail this thread but this seems pretty silly to me. Why marry someone if you can't trust them.

I don't want to derail this thread but this seems pretty silly to me. Why marry someone if you can't trust them.

I can't imagine feeling that way.

I can't imagine feeling that way.

And I know a lot of people who operate like that. They split the mortgage, bills, etc. just seems really strange to me.

And I know a lot of people who operate like that. They split the mortgage, bills, etc. just seems really strange to me.

My wife wanted to at first, but because she doesn't like feeling guilty when she spends money. I still hated the idea. But I agree, if you don't trust someone stay single.

My wife wanted to at first, but because she doesn't like feeling guilty when she spends money. I still hated the idea. But I agree, if you don't trust someone stay single.

I handle the family finances and while we have a joint checking account, the savings is under my name. In the beginning, I tried to talk the Mrs into having her listed but she doesn't want easy access to the money. Married 19 years now, it's just an accepted thing.

There is nothing she can do, barring harming the kids, where I'd keep that money from her. What's right is right, it's as much hers as it is mine.

Not directed at your wife as her reasons were noble. But Fwiw, I'd never marry a woman who would willingly preclude me from her finances. If she wants one foot out the door, I'd be more than happy to throw the rest of her out too.

Im sorry to hear that, pal. Im here to talk if you need to.

I had complete trust just a year or so ago. Then the person turns into someone else you have never seen. Kind of like two sided,been tough but it will all change for the better soon enough

Sad to hear about a marriage failing, especially with a young child.

I've lived through it ... twice, and both times we split when the child was 3 yrs old. Sometimes, it's postpartum ... sometimes, you don't know it, but it's her realization that she is not happy, blames you, and has got what she wants from you.

On a personal level, life gets better for you, and not necessarily for her.

My advice, being upper middle age, is to have a strong relationship with your child, lots of talking, coaching, and participation. I have two sons who are both closer to me than to their mother by staying close even if I did not have each of them half the time -- I'm not only Dad but a life coach.

Give up your attachments to her/things, don't make things personal, let it go, and protect yourself. Get a little counseling to figure out what went wrong -- the counseling is more like coaching and will help with the right counselor -- seriously -- it will help in your next relationship.

Money? Take charge next time. Have monthly family discussions as to savings, retirement savings, have a joint account for household expenses, and discuss things together.

All of this will pass ... remember it's the past, learn from it, forget the details, and live in what is now.

I had complete trust just a year or so ago. Then the person turns into someone else you have never seen. Kind of like two sided,been tough but it will all change for the better soon enough

Stay strong brother.

Get a little counseling to figure out what went wrong -- the counseling is more like coaching and will help with the right counselor -- seriously -- it will help in your next relationship.
Got to tell you, this is some solid advice. Talking things through with a trained professional helped not only with processing the emotionally draining lead up to the break up, but then dealing with the actual break up itself, and helped get me on the road to normalcy after the ink was dry on the divorce papers. Your company may have an EAP package that you can avail yourself of confidentially... if they do, I would recommend it.

Thought I would update my progress, things are looking up. Starting from the beginning with just what I have on my back. I am moving out to a smaller apartment which is close to my son. Plan on him staying over Friday to Sunday's so in his mind everything will seem normal. My intention is to make it all work seamless which took some planning, believe it would be according to plan. As per the funds which were taken are all "spent" so not much I can really do as she does not make much to repay me. You win some you lose some. Guess I have this as a big lesson learnt, will be more careful in the future. By start of the summer I hope to be running smooth and the ship sailing in the right course headed for greatness and happiness. Cheers

Thought I would update my progress, things are looking up. Starting from the beginning with just what I have on my back. I am moving out to a smaller apartment which is close to my son. Plan on him staying over Friday to Sunday's so in his mind everything will seem normal. My intention is to make it all work seamless which took some planning, believe it would be according to plan. As per the funds which were taken are all "spent" so not much I can really do as she does not make much to repay me. You win some you lose some. Guess I have this as a big lesson learnt, will be more careful in the future. By start of the summer I hope to be running smooth and the ship sailing in the right course headed for greatness and happiness. Cheers

Sounds like you landed on your feet, I'm glad you are doing well.

Hang in there brother. Positive thoughts for smooth transition.

I'm glad to hear that things are going forward for you. Stay safe and hope your son can appreciate the struggle you make to have him in your life.

Thank you all for your kind words. As soon as he is the age to understand I am sure he will appreciate it all.

I really hope this works out for you my friend, I truly do. Your boy will realize what a great Dad he has when he's old enough to understand.

Good to hear Dustin! Keep your head up (except in golf, keep your head down lol) and keep on keepin on!

Good to hear Dustin! Keep your head up (except in golf, keep your head down lol) and keep on keepin on!
. Lol Ryan, that is more of a challenge these days. Things will be fine soon enough in both categories.

I really hope this works out for you my friend, I truly do. Your boy will realize what a great Dad he has when he's old enough to understand.
Thanks Ryan, he is a smart cookie he will know all I did was to make his life better.

Glad to hear you fond a place Dustin. I know from all of our conversations, you and your son will come out so much better off and closer in the long run.

Back