Titleist AP1 Irons

banksfolsom

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently read JB's excellent review of the Titleist AP1 Irons and was curious to get feedback from the Hackers who have played or demo'd these clubs recently. Seriously considering these clubs, solid feel is probably the most important factor to me.

Currently playing the AP1's. I absolutely love them. Very solid feel without being "clunky". Great forgiveness.

Try them out whenever you get the chance.

Banks, I hit these are the THP outing in FL among a ton of other irons and drivers and I was blown away by how easy and sweet hitting the AP1's were. They were actually my biggest surprise of all the equipment I hit. I even gave them to a couple other forum members they were equally impressed. I should have taken them out to play with one of the days for a true test but didnt. My feeling is that these are very solid sticks.

I recently read JB's excellent review of the Titleist AP1 Irons and was curious to get feedback from the Hackers who have played or demo'd these clubs recently. Seriously considering these clubs, solid feel is probably the most important factor to me.

They aer good clubs. I think there are clubs that offer more forgiveness and better feel in the same package, but they are definitely good clubs.

Thanks for the input. On the spur of the moment I went over to the local golf shop at lunch and ended up buying at AP1 Irons. I hit the AP1 and Mizuno MX-300 irons, based on looks I would have chosen the MX-300 clubs, but on consistency and forgiveness the AP1 clubs were clearly a better choice. Thanks again for your comments.

congrats on the new purchase banks! we will be expecting pics :)

Hey I just wanted to add my two cents I just bought these about a week and a half ago. I have played four rounds with them and am very pleased. They are like JB says not the most forgiving, but by no means hard to hit. The thing I personally love about them is the feel. I demoed a lot of clubs lol I mean a ton and these for being a non forged had the best feel to me personally. When I hit them well they feel amazing. Bottom line is I liked them enough to spend the money on buying them and so far they have been nothing but sweetness on the course. Plus although some dont like the looks about five people have already told me "sweet looking irons man".

Banks, I hit these are the THP outing in FL among a ton of other irons and drivers and I was blown away by how easy and sweet hitting the AP1's were. They were actually my biggest surprise of all the equipment I hit. I even gave them to a couple other forum members they were equally impressed. I should have taken them out to play with one of the days for a true test but didnt. My feeling is that these are very solid sticks.

I was one of those members that tried it and I concur with Mr OEM on this one.

I have a set & like them but am not playing them yet this year. Waiting to get in the groove with my Launchers before going back to more unforgiveable AP1's.

Back