Internet Dating/ Meeting People off the internet

This is why I love THP. You can talk about golf but there are other things too. Now... Online dating. Oy... I'm done sharing my stories though. Makes me feel like a failure.
The stories are priceless .. Ben Hogan's secret? Simple , hard work .. End of story let it go already

love the stories more .. Awesome , and thanks

This is why I love THP. You can talk about golf but there are other things too. Now... Online dating. Oy... I'm done sharing my stories though. Makes me feel like a failure.

I've always heard that Hogan's secret was the position of his left wrist at impact... But like Hogan said, I still need to dig it out of the dirt...

What were they saying?

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always heard that Hogan's secret was the position of his left wrist at impact... But like Hogan said, I still need to dig it out of the dirt...

What were they saying?

Dax

They gave me one picture .. And told me what do I see ( 3 areas ). I responded , and was told bingo

They gave me one picture .. And told me what do I see ( 3 areas ). I responded , and was told bingo

Was one of those 3 areas the position of the left wrist at impact?

This is pure gold.

Dtl .. Hip height . Club on right forearm ( shallow) .. Right knee bent ( pivot on right leg / pressure in back of right heel) never straighten right leg / club face was open . Open face on way down . Keep right leg bent .. When you reach hip high put on the gas and use forearm rotation to close the face .. This will give you hogan impact look (front on) , and opening on way down ( dtl) gives you shallow shaft look combined with right bent knee . Can't hit early or you ruin the look ( huge lag/ shallow shaft/ hands ahead impact)!

Let's keep this to the dating stories. haha just kidding. I am glad the internet was not in full force when I was on the market.

What happens if she doesn't look like the picture ? What did you guys do ?

Oh I had this experience too. Be respectful. Don't call her out on it but straight forward.
Don't beat around the bush and continue to date if you don't have any connection.

Dax, tell the cat dander story

Or you can even tell my European sex odyssey story.

If you are only looking to find someone based on their looks... this won't go far. Yes, you have to have physical attraction towards each other but just remember this: Looks fade.

Always ask for more angles when trading pics.

Guess it depends if looks are everything to you or not.

Still, I don't think he wants to be a victim of fraud.

Still, I don't think he wants to be a victim of fraud.

This was more like someone not looking as good as they do in their pics, not a fraud situation.

My god this thread is confusing.

Internet Dating/ Meeting People off the internet

This was more like someone not looking as good as they do in their pics, not a fraud situation.

No but what you'll see is girls sending pics from 04 and not 14. Or they'll make the high angle pic showing only the face and she weighs 250. That's fraud to me.

I never had that happen. But have heard about it a lot.

I once dated a girl for about 2 months and she had pictures from 8 years ago up on her profile. When I met her she looked a lot different (better or worse is irrelevant) but she was an awesome girl and went on many dates with her. It was unfortunate that she moved to another state but the point is (again) if looks is all that matters, you're looking at this whole online dating thing wrong. Unless you're just trying to score...

No but what you'll see is girls sending pics from 04 and not 14. Or they'll make the high angle pic showing only the face and she weighs 250. That's fraud to me.

Fraud?

Deceptive but not "fraud".

Most want to show the best pic of them possible regardless of angle....human nature.

Not sure why the truth isn't the best medicine...always works for me

What Kevin said!

My wife and I were pen pals some 27 years ago, so I wouldn't know much about meeting over the internet. I was in Okinawa and she worked for the Gov. of FL. We fell in love with each other before we ever met. It was all written word for a year straight and seems so old fashioned now, but boy was it the best thing that ever happened to me. When people ask how we met, I tell them she's my mail order bride! As for friends and the internet, some of the best friends I have ever made have been through internet sites where we have shared interests. Yeah, like right here at THP....... :act-up:

JM

Fraud?

Deceptive but not "fraud".

Most want to show the best pic of them possible regardless of angle....human nature.

Yeah if she shows up 100 pounds heavier, you know she can't be true to herself and wonder what kind of other problems she might have.

Back