If the sweet spot is precisely center? 1, maybe 2. I'll hit another 2 high but largely centered, and the rest are a mixed bag.

I've never checked this and wouldn't even fathom a guess.

What I do know, is that every time I hit a low lining knuckle hook...I look at the face and impact is almost always dead center of the face. If I could live out on the toe and in the fairway, I would.

How often do you think you hit the driver square on the sweet spot? Let's say you took 10 balls and used some impact tape. How many of those 10 do you think you hit on the center?
+

i would think 4/10 is about how i am swinging right now.

2 or 3 for me. One of the reasons I'm happy with the i25; even with off-center contact, it gives me a chance to have a decent result.

Also adding that hitting the sweet spot is not everything. For those in that epic 7some that played at PGA National you might remember this. I took a swing with the V series, started laughing mid swing and sent a ball high, right, and OB. When we looked at the club face where was the contact? Dead center. Does that count?

i can sure attest to this. impact is perfect on the face, but face angle to swing plane is so far off that the results are less than ideal.

I would say 2, maybe. Just one of the many reasons to minimize the effects of ones miss, because they happen a lot!

I played a match play event against a guy that had a quarter sized spot on the sweet spot of his driver that looked worn out. Wasn't a huge shock when that guy fairway and green'd me to death!

Around 7/10 on the driving range, a lot lower than that on the course, specially on holes where you are trying to work the ball.

Pure, dead center? I really don't know, but I would guess 2 or 3.

Close to center, maybe 5/10 times. Dead center, less than 1/10 times on average. It would probably be more like close to center anywhere from 25-50/100 and dead center no more than 10/100.

The good thing about having a black faced driver is that I can see where I hit it.

I'd say 5 of 10 maybe........

Probably 3 out of 10. That's if I take my time and relax before swinging.

Oh, center-face impact isn't necessarily my problem. Terrible angles into it is the problem. Right now I'd say I hit the sweet spot with a square face and path about 2/10 times...but I hit the center of the face about 6/10.

Maybe one time in 10? Very close to center maybe 4-5 out of 10. I LOVE technology that allows us to be off center, yet still produce pretty good results.

square on the sweet spot? Maybe 30%, probably even less.

I've never tried that, but I would guess, 4-6 dead center.
Lately, it might be a little higher, but not much.

I would say 2 of 10 at the most.

There are some head scratchers in here that is for sure. I see a lot of low single digits claiming 2-3 per 10 and some other guys claiming 6-7.

Not many. One maybe?

If you used impact tape, there's not much to think about, just look at the tape.

If I can (remember to) beg some impact tape off the pro tomorrow, I'll post the results. I'm thinking 8/10 for me.

How often do you think you hit the driver square on the sweet spot? Let's say you took 10 balls and used some impact tape. How many of those 10 do you think you hit on the center?

If you used impact tape, there's not much to think about, just look at the tape.

If I can (remember to) beg some impact tape off the pro tomorrow, I'll post the results. I'm thinking 8/10 for me.
Your hitting the dead center sweet spot 80% of the time? That is seriously impressive. You should come to a THP event. Guys will be begging to grab you as a partner in shamble rounds.

Probably twice. Thats why ive opted for a more forgiving driver on off center hits.

~Rock

There are some head scratchers in here that is for sure. I see a lot of low single digits claiming 2-3 per 10 and some other guys claiming 6-7.
I suspect modern technology tricks some of us into not knowing how small the dead center is. The first time I answered with a higher number and realized that was probably the "pretty close to dead center perfect" number.

Yeah I would say two maybe, but I have been in the general area quite a bit lately after choking down an inch.

Back