Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at a whole new set soon outside of putter and wedges. Mine entire bag is 2-3 years old and I want (don't necessarily need) new stuff. I like the look of the Nike Vapor line for irons. Not sure if I'd prefer the ProCombo or Speed. I love the forgiveness of my VRS forged so Speed would probably be better.

I hit the 915 driver at PGA SS. It was nice but not a big difference from my 913. The 3w was a beast for me though. Liked the feel of the SLDR but results weren't great for me. BB Alpha was nice but I'd love to try more. Recently hit my buddy's G25 and though I didn't love the look and have never liked Ping, I hit it great 3 different times on the course so I may look at the G30.

Too much to like....

I was above 3k as well......
What shaft did you hit? They did not have the rogue for me to try. 915d3 with rogue silver had me consistently around 1800... need to try the rogue silver in the 815 head

Aldila Rogue feels good.

Agreed. 70g stiff feels perfect.

Looks likes it would be cheaper to order an Alpha or 915 and sell the head then find a uncut or pull at this point.

Looks likes it would be cheaper to order an Alpha or 915 and sell the head then find a uncut or pull at this point.
Are you thinking of the 125 MSI tour stock version or the retail option.

Are you thinking of the 125 MSI tour stock version or the retail option.

110 MSI. I have no business rocking a 125MSI, especially at the price it sells for, even used.

19* hybrid. Let me know your thoughts on which products to consider.

110 MSI. I have no business rocking a 125MSI, especially at the price it sells for, even used.
Are the 110 available via retail? I would assume they are a $300 shaft.

To be honest - I have been underwhelmed by the Rogue. Granted, I've only hit it in the 915d3...

So there's that

Are the 110 available via retail? I would assume they are a $300 shaft.

To be honest - I have been underwhelmed by the Rogue. Granted, I've only hit it in the 915d3...

So there's that

Yes, I found a well known vendor who is selling them for $350.00 uncut.

A new set of irons with Nippon Modus 3 shafts.

19* hybrid. Let me know your thoughts on which products to consider.

The Srixon H45 3 hybrid I hit today was absolutely fantastic. But brand new, so on the pricey side. I also have really liked the Ping G series hybrids and the Cleveland 588s (though I think those come in 18 or 20.5)

The Srixon H45 3 hybrid I hit today was absolutely fantastic. But brand new, so on the pricey side. I also have really liked the Ping G series hybrids and the Cleveland 588s (though I think those come in 18 or 20.5)

Hey, thanks for the comment. I'll certainly add your suggestions to the list of clubs to hit. Will be heading to Carls Golfland here in Michigan next weekend and will give these a hard whack or two. Would love to game the new Ping G30 but the price tag is a bit too high for me at the moment. Maybe last years model will be on sale! :)

Hey, thanks for the comment. I'll certainly add your suggestions to the list of clubs to hit. Will be heading to Carls Golfland here in Michigan next weekend and will give these a hard whack or two. Would love to game the new Ping G30 but the price tag is a bit too high for me at the moment. Maybe last years model will be on sale! :)

I know someone that needs to make that trip as well. And another from mid Michigan. Maybe we can plan something!

I know someone that needs to make that trip as well. And another from mid Michigan. Maybe we can plan something!

I pick up the iPad for the night and see I'm being summoned....

Srixon 4h or 4w. Trying to decide if I want to go 3w-5w-4h or 4w-3h-4 iron replacement at the top of the bag.

I wanna try out the berthas and d200 irons and see how noticeable the increased forgivness is

I wanna try out the berthas and d200 and see how noticeable the increased forgivness is

I wanna do the same. That d200 is pretty awesome but I am really excited to try the 815s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back