How did you find your putter?

researched the top putters online, tried them all, and came up with the ping ketsch. First mallet putter, but I absolutely love it. My distances have never been better.

Tried out a bunch of shapes, settled on the type of shape I liked and the length, then dumb luck led me to a really good deal through Gmamas for a Rife that matched the description.

i went thru a comprehensive fitting. The fitter watched me putt and based on setup and stroke he determined I needed a high MOI type putter. From there, we went to the putting green and I hit 2-3 with each putter and narrowed them down, march madness bracket style, until only 2 were left. Then, I picked the winner. He also looked at the lie of the putter and impact and we ordered something a little more upright than standard.

Good luck!

More about looks and line up aids the first time, also had length adjusted. I didn't understand or know about swing arch at the time... I'm now considering a real fitting to find something to help save me some strokes.

Not that easy to find the right putter. Loft, lie, length, arch-type, form, weight, counterbalanced, grip...

I found mine as I have a near SBST stroke, wanted a face balance putter and a mallet. I just found a rack of Bettinardi's with two that could fit my list. One >350 grams, one <335grams. Then it was lie, length and getting the counterbalancing in check. :)

Didn't do it quite right though, I need it lengthened another 2.5" or so.

I had an Odyssey White Hot #9, then had a torrid affair with a Scotty Studio Style Newport 1.5 and then found SeeMore due to THP. After rolling several at Golfsmith I decided on the Si3. Ordered direct from SeeMore after getting my specs then decided to try out counterbalancing and sent it back in.

Love it and even though I purchased a mFGP2 I have kept this in the bag all year and don't see that changing anytime soon.

First 1967 a new set of clubs Spalding sdx 100 good set and a Bulls eye putter. 2001 S/c Bulls eye type loved them both still use. 2014 Odyssey c/s all cut to 28-29 inches the only putters I have had

My wife bought it for me as a Father's Day present :)

Trial and error. I went to Joe and Leigh's (the brick and mortar arm of 3Balls) and just tried various putters for about an hour. I ended up with the Odyssey after finding it most comfortable and easiest to relatively roll along the line I was aiming for on their putting green inside. It was used and a great value. I'm still happy with it, but definitely want to get a SuperStroke 3.0 on it after rolling a bunch of Odysseys with them recently.

I not a guy that changes equipment much. The putter was the exception. I would buy a new one almost every two months. This went on for almost 4 years. One day before our season started a buddy brought a couple of putters to our in door practice facility. I played with a SC Fastback. I liked the feel and he sold it to me for $100. That was 5 years ago. There was a 1 year hiatus as I experimented with a belly putter but it's back in the bag. Haven't even thought of getting a new one.

Found a Mizuno 0803 in a second-hand store for $1.00 and putted well with it. So I bought an Odyssey 09... to be fancy... fancier....

...My question to you is, how did you come to find your gamer putter?

I got a Bridgestone putter for the Morgan Cup, and liked the feel of it, but not the grip. Put a SuperStroke grip on it and it's been old reliable ever since. Different weight and feel than any other putter I've used before, but in such a good way for me.

Mid to early 90s i was playing with a few friends. Ball was near a green. Took my wedge but forgot my putter. Late in the round and playing golf in August in S Fl, I was too lazy and too hot to walk back to the cart so I just used my buddy's putter, a Ping Zing2. Made about a 25 foot putt. Stopped at a golf shop on the way home, bought one and it's still in the bag... Tried to replace it several times but I keep going back.. Wish I could have a love affair like that with a driver...

I found mine on globalgolf.com. I found all of my clubs there. Picked used ones I thought I might like and ended up really liking them at a fraction of the cost to buy new.

THPer and friend mmaynard11 sent me three putters to try out. And I clicked instantly with the Si2 and he gave me a great deal on it. I've had it in the bag ever sense

When I was 14 my stake horse said try my putter. Wilson Staff 8813. It took me 7 years to find my own, not a remake. Still have it and 3 more. .

Still looking....

I was looking around at Dicks Sporting Goods one day and picked up several putters to try out. The Cleveland Classic put 3 in the cup right in a row. End of story!

I love putters so I don't think I'll ever be able to find the elusive perfect putter.

Going to the shop and falling in love with a new flatstick is so much fun.

Spending money on your new love, not so fun.

I found my putter by watching the PGA show thread here on THP. Ordered it, hated it when it was in the box. Put it in the closet for a month or two. Then listened to a couple friends here. Pulled it out to game it. Fell in love with the feel. The rest is history.

I found my putter by watching the PGA show thread here on THP. Ordered it, hated it when it was in the box. Put it in the closet for a month or two. Then listened to a couple friends here. Pulled it out to game it. Fell in love with the feel. The rest is history.

Hahahaha, whatever, you know I make this stuff up! :alien:

I have a bunch. For whatever reason I have never been fit for one. Maybe that's why I have so many...

Luck got a deal on my m1 to teach the wife to putt for LIITA and kept it for myself

Went over to the SeeMore headquarters, got fit and had it built while I waited. :banana:

Back