The 2014 McRib Tour: Not for everyone

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
McRib rollout soon, but regional, again

McRib is about to come out of its hiding place — but not for everyone. McDonald's won't give a specific date, but "participating restaurants" regionally will be rolling out the iconic, boneless barbecue pork sandwich this fall, says McDonald's spokeswoman Lisa McComb, in an e-mail. She says McRib has not rolled out nationally since 2011 — mostly due to consumer preferences.

"Some areas of the country have more interest in pork than others," says McComb. Even then, she says, McRib will be sold at "a good majority of McDonald's restaurants."

McRib, which also has onions and pickles stuck inside the sandwich, ranks among the most popular, annual limited-time promotions in all of fast food. Such promotions tend to pump up sales, often during slower times of the year. McRib is so popular that one mega-fan has set up a website, McRiblocator.com, that reports on locations that are selling McRib sandwiches. The site says that some are expected to roll out this weekend, with a wider roll-out on Monday.

McRib, which was first introduced in the early 1980s, has a long, iconic history with McDonald's. Some customers, who love it, are willing to drive long distances and wait in line for it. Others, however, have questioned its ingredients and spread rumors about them on social media.

While McRib's presence is fleeting in the U.S. market, it is sold year-round in Germany. One things for sure: McRib is McMagical with many customers.

"It boosts sales tremendously," says Linda Lipsky, an industry consultant. "It motivates repeat business, too, before the limited offer ends."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ds-promotions-fast-food-restaurants/17450297/

http://mcriblocator.com/map.html

mcribmap10-18-14_zps58aa4941.jpg

I saw an old coworker posted a picture tonight, so I guess they are out locally.

I bet it comes here and hope the 2nd one is still a buck!

Yep I see our dot on the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It better be here, I need my McRib fix!

Fake pressed pork. Looks like a pile of chipotle.

It's awesome .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U know what's better than the McRib???

McLovin!

U know what's better than the McRib???

McLovin!

I have a friend who's last name is McQueen and we call him McLovin.

I told him to join THP under that name, but he doesn't use the internet.

Would destroy a McRib though! (Without the pickles of course)

mmm now I'm craving one. I haven't checked if any around here have had them in a while. Going to have to check.

The McRib gives my stomach the McGurgles. It's not bad, but it's not good either.

I can honestly say with 100% certainty, that I have never had a McRibb. What's the fuss about?!

I can honestly say with 100% certainty, that I have never had a McRibb. What's the fuss about?!

That makes 2 of us dude, I think it means we have to get one this weekend.

I met my wife at McDonald's for lunch and found McRib on the menu. My day just got better!

I'm not a huge fan...though I think I'm one of the 4 people in North America who loved the Arch Deluxe. I miss that sandwich to this day. Can honestly say I haven't had McDonald's in 2014 though...

I also have never had one. I need to break down and try one.

I love BBQ and I love ribs... but Christ, this thing does not look too appealing.

At a McDonalds in Platte City. The one or of the box, I had to go get bbq sauce on it. The one in the box was perfect. $1 for the second one.

ge4upeny.jpg

Had two more for lunch yesterday in North Kansas City. I've already had more than the last time they were out (I never even got to a McDonald's the last time)

I had my 1st, and only so far, Thursday night in Tell City, IN. They were out of onions. Made a difference and it wasn't as good. I'll have more before they're gone.

Their map is a bit off, because they have them here in Wichita as well. I've never had one though. Just can't imagine anything from McDonalds tasting even remotely good. May have to just sack up and go for it one day.

Back