We did a complete kitchen remodel last year and our new dishwasher is a Jenn Air which we are extremely happy with. Cleans very well, so quiet you can't hear it standing next to it unless there's no ambient noise at all. Big deep racks, the silverware holder pulls out (NICE!). So far so great! (don't say that often).

Hit a number of places this morning and have settled on a Bosch 800 series from HH Gregg. Regularly $999 (saw it at Lowes for that price this morning), on sale for $799 here with $50 mail in rebate.

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys.

We had a Frigidaire Professional Series dishwasher die on us just last month. But it owed us nothing. 11 years of heavy use, ran it 2-3 times per week minimum.

Being that we'll be moving within a year or two and very likely leaving the appliances, we wanted to go cheaper but Frigidaire won me over. We bought a stainless (outside only) from the Gallery series. Thanks to a connection in a local store, it was delivered and installed for just under $400.

Much quieter than the previous model and cleans great.

Hit a number of places this morning and have settled on a Bosch 800 series from HH Gregg. Regularly $999 (saw it at Lowes for that price this morning), on sale for $799 here with $50 mail in rebate.

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys.

I bet it's the model i have, hope you love it.

I bet it's the model i have, hope you love it.

Sounds like it might be. Gets good reviews everywhere and a great deal. Can't be any worse than the old one we have had the last five years.

Not sure how old our dishwasher is, came with the house when we bought it. The plate holder "fingers" are starting to break off. It seems to do a very good job at cleaning, and it's not that loud...but I might be interested in upgrading next summer when we over haul the kitchen. I'm going to have to remember to check this thread at that time.

Good stuff guys, thanks for the heads up!

I would suggest getting a used model from the 90's. I was shopping last year, but it seems the regulations on energy used by dishwashers make it harder for them to do a good job based on reviews. I'll keep patching mine up.

To the poster above me. I was able to get a used rack for $70 shipped on ebay. It seems whenever you trade you old appliance in, someone dismantles it and sells the parts on Ebay. Also a paint product called ReRack on the rust spots before stuff starts breaking.

We just upgraded and went with a 3rd rack LG that I fell in love with. Looked strongly at the Bosch, because they are solid machines, but just absolutely hate the drying situation with them. Some dont mind it, but I prefer to have a heated dry.

I would suggest getting a used model from the 90's. I was shopping last year, but it seems the regulations on energy used by dishwashers make it harder for them to do a good job based on reviews. I'll keep patching mine up.

I don't doubt that at all. I just installed a new kitchen faucet and had no idea about new regulations. Apparently output from the faucet can't exceed 1 gallon per minute, if memory serves. Makes for paltry water presser!

I'm sure there's a restrictor in there like a shower-head but wouldn't ya know it, my faucet is completely sealed.

The dish soap has also changed. They have removed phosphates, but you can still buy the commercial version of Cascade if you know where to look.

Put this off as long as we could but now back to looking and will probably get a new one by the end of the month.
Any specific suggestions on brands and features? We would like to keep it under $800.
Few features I am interested in:
- Adjustable top rack and tines.
- Food disposal
- Stainless
- Silverware basket on door

Put this off as long as we could but now back to looking and will probably get a new one by the end of the month.
Any specific suggestions on brands and features? We would like to keep it under $800.
Few features I am interested in:
- Adjustable top rack and tines.
- Food disposal
- Stainless
- Silverware basket on door

Took a year but we just bought a Bosch Ascenta SHE3AR75UC.

There goes my new driver :banghead:

We decided on a Bosch a few years ago. Think we got it at Sears.

I'm looking for a new Bosch. The Bosch I'm replacing is 30 years old and still works

I'm looking for a new Bosch. The Bosch I'm replacing is 30 years old and still works
Bestbuy has free delivery and installation on Bosch dishwashers.

The Bosch we have is dead silent but terrible at cleaning bowls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sold our house in November to move to a rental while our new house is built and miss our Bosch sooooo much. Buying same model for the new house. My parents also got one and love it, too.

I have Miele dishwashers in my homes and can't speak their praises highly enough.

You must buy the version with the floor display of time remaining. .......so cool!😀

I can totally understand you because one year ago when I was a Bosch dishwasher broke we have no clue what to do next or at least what dishwasher to buy. We entered every site about dishwasher and nothing helped us because all they do is write the prices and some fake ratings so I am very curious about what dishwashing machine do you have right now. I am handwashing for about a year and I really want to buy brand new commercial home appliances but I don’t know which one from ianboer.com.au would be the best choice.

Last edited:
We bought a house that has this model in it that I have never heard of till now. It really cleans dishes well. I have never had a dishwasher get stuff as clean as this one does in my life. I have even started getting lax on how much rinsing I do pre-loading. It's also super quiet. You have to really listen standing right next to it to tell if it started up. In the next room watching television there is no sound at all till it beeps to let you know it's finished. I am sure there are other great dishwashers out there, but this one is awesome. We had a Kitchen-Aid that was about $600 at our old place that worked pretty well too. Obviously there is a big price difference between the 2 so a decision between good and great will be up to you to decide.

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/a...mDFBsAybTw2esaBiwhTnnYX-7zWMv2HhoCddoQAvD_BwE

When our dishwasher died last year, I looked at the Bosch, but this GE was on sale and with the discount I got at Lowes at the time (I worked there then) it was a steal at almost half price. The sucker is quiet too.

Dispatcher_RequestType_Image&Name_153075__74380.1576103978.jpg

We had a Bosch at my old place. Got a great deal at Sears outlet.

That thing could clean everything without rinsing, and you could be sitting next to it while it was running and you would have no idea. Super quiet.

Yes, Bosch - have had one for 10 yrs. Quiet ...

Anything with stainless steel on the inside is going to be super quiet. It may be a couple hundred more than the ones with plastic lining, but it's the difference between "OH, dishwasher is on." vs "oh crap did I turn the dishwashe...oh, it's running? Jeez"

Kitchen Aid.
Had it for several years. Seems like whoever is loading/unloading the bottom rack always runs off its rails.
Would pass along a kitchen aid next time

Back