2015 is Near, are you getting lessons?

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious to see if people have already started making plans for lessons over the "winter" and upcoming months.

For those of you getting lessons how many do you think it will take to get you where you need to be, or are you just taking a few to get things fine tuned.

For me Im not sure yet, while I do know I'll eventually take some again, Im not sure where or when or frankly how many quite yet. I took 12 this year and got worse :)

Curious to see if people have already started making plans for lessons over the "winter" and upcoming months.

For those of you getting lessons how many do you think it will take to get you where you need to be, or are you just taking a few to get things fine tuned.

For me Im not sure yet, while I do know I'll eventually take some again, Im not sure where or when or frankly how many quite yet. I took 12 this year and got worse :)

Maybe, but it's not a priority right now. I've spent a huge amount of money on winter lessons the last three years and I'm over it.

Funny that you put this up. I was just talking to my pro yesterday about having a lesson to gauge progress from this year and set up a plan going forward for 2015.

I'm lucky that I can practice/play year round.

I found a new pro with which to work, and so far, it's resulting in a dramatic improvement in my game.

So yes, I plan to continue lessons throughout the winter. I'll probably do a lesson about once a month. I won't be playing much, if at all, when the temperature dips below about 40 degrees, so I think once a month is sufficient.

Probably about midway through the winter I'll get a putting lesson, just to be sure I'm still doing the right things in my indoor practice. Then as warm weather approaches, I'll book a sand/putting lesson as my final tuneup for the new year.

I do plan on getting my kid started in a junior clinic though.

I just met an instructor at the range last night and am considering a lesson package.

I bought a 3 pack of lessons about a month ago. Still have two left--not sure when I will use them but it will be at some point over the winter. It will be fine tuning more than anything. I'm working on posture and alignment now and will use the next two to check up on those and have the pro check out my swing to make sure I haven't started some other bad habits.

I do plan on getting my kid started in a junior clinic though.

How old is he? I want my oldest to play, but at 5 he attention span is still revolving around Frozen & My Little Pony :)

How old is he? I want my oldest to play, but at 5 he attention span is still revolving around Frozen & My Little Pony :)

He's 5 and has been hitting balls for almost three years now, which is hard for me to believe.

I'm going to do a series of lessons over the winter - not a ton, just in between practice sessions. If you've got an active lesson package, you can get time on the GC2, which beats hitting into a net. The last two seasons I've completely mucked up my swing indoors over the winter - I never align well when I'm hitting in a bay or into a net, so I'm going to cut back a bit this year and work on putting, which wasn't great this year.

I won't be taking any lessons until I have enough free time to implement the changes which won't be until a couple of my kids go off to college. I don't want anyone that knows what they're talking about pointing out some flaws that I'm not aware of - ignorance is bliss! :act-up:

Seriously, I find that using alignment sticks at every range session and focusing on tempo and balance are all I need. I do use the video recorder capabilities of my phone several times each year when I'm trying to tweak something and to check my swing. The V1 golf swing app/ analyzer is a great tool for this.

Yup. I joined a winter flightscope lesson program. 2 lessons a month from November through March for $80 a month.

Yes, i am planning on a couple lessons not sure how many. Just hoping i can find someone in my area that is good. Then i would like to do a club fitting shortly after

I'll be taking my first lessons in 2015. I'm on board for at least five at the moment, but I imagine I'll snag a few more.

I made the investment last year, so I probably won't this year. The key this year is getting into a practice routine.

Yes, I am signing up for a lesson package shortly. I'd like to do a lesson every 3 weeks or so, and I'm going to be hitting indoors a lot more this year.

I'm trying to work out dates right now with a teacher that's two hours from me. I'm planning on at least three, 2-hour lessons. I'm hoping to get a swing that I just swing and don't think about. The pro and I already talked goals, and I "just" want to get back to shooting 78-82 day-in and day-out. Day one we're gonna spend 3-4 hours starting at grip and stance/posture and then move to swinging just 9-3. Anyway, I'm excited. This guy worked for years with our Louisiana favorite pro, David Toms, so he has the pedigree.

I'm actually taking a lesson this weekend with GolfTec in Wichita. More just to make sure there isn't a hard core flaw with my swing before the Grandaddy, than to work on an overhaul. To me, it's a tune up lesson, a way to make my mind at easy before heading to Cali. I've been missing ever so slightly towards the heal on my iron shots, and I can't "fee" why that is. So, hopefully this will give me the answer as to why, then I have 22 days to work on that minor adjustment.

After that, this winter will be in the garage a few times a week hitting balls just to keep my swing in shape, so I can come out of winter in 2015 with confidence.

I think I'm going to do one or two lessons this winter with a pro I've met recently and see how they go. If they go well and I see tangible improvement I'll consider a more long-term package.

Yup. I joined a winter flightscope lesson program. 2 lessons a month from November through March for $80 a month.
That's not a bag gig at all. I wish I had something available at those prices.

I need to. I took a break from golf during the summer and now my swing is total crap. Not that it was very good before the break.

I am going to get some lessons, not sure how many but it's time I'm pointed more in the right direction.

I definitely plan on taking a few, but I think I really need to get a handle on exactly where I need the most help first - I have an idea, but really want to make sure I focus on the right stuff. My game this past year is proof positive that untargeted lessons don't help the overall game too much.

That's not a bag gig at all. I wish I had something available at those prices.

Seriously. We can't get $40/lesson down here either, or even close to that.

I'm in an interesting place. Still rehabbing but plan on lessons early next year.

One thing I've been told. Is my body will be able to do things I wasn't physically capable of before surgery. Like getting the weight on my right (back leg) during the back swing then transitioning fully to the left side.

I haven't had the confident or strength in my left side for years to do that.

So I'm anticipating I will need some lessons in showing me exactly the proper way to do that.

I'm excited for what a healthy 2015 season could potentially bring.

I'll spend a Sunday or two this winter in Hubbard with carfangia. But that will probably be the extent of my plans. I am pretty happy where I am at and would like to maintain my current playing level.

I had my first lesson with a new instructor last month, and am going for the second one just before Thanksgiving. It's my first time doing indoor lessons, but he has a launch monitor set up in there to tell me what the ballflight is doing, so that helps. The bigger struggle for me is going to be finding where to hit balls in the winter, it's always tough to convince myself to go outside and hit balls when the temperatures are under 40 degrees.

Back