Would you be willing to give up distance for accuracy?

absolutely and without question.

Yes I would be crazy not too

For sure I would. My distance isn't the longest or the shortest but to be playing from the fairway that bit more would be great.

Of course. Club up hit it straight why not.

5 yds left or right wouldn't do me any good. I'd still be in the woods.

With my irons and wedges yes. With driver and fairway, no I wouldn't.

I'm actually trying that right now. The G30 I'm playing, in my short time with it, has not shown the distance as my Bertha, but my misses are better, for sure. I have no problem giving-up a few yards to find the fairway.

Sure why not. I'd do it today! Cause I know technology will get me the distance back.

Would you be willing to give up 5 yds of distance with each club to be more accurate by 5 yds left or right?

Absolutely I would.

I already am. Accuracy trumps distance unless you can hit 300 yard drives and every fairway, which very few can.

Distance is worthless without accuracy.

You bet I would!

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Distance isn't a huge issue to me if it's 5 yards or so. Now, if it's 10+, I'd have to see even more impressive accuracy improvements to offset it. Even so, I don't think I could do it if it's costing me over 1 club.

Would you be willing to give up 5 yds of distance with each club to be more accurate by 5 yds left or right?

Absolutely I would.
My short game already starts at the tee box.

Fortunately, I'm fairly accurate already so no I wouldn't give up additional yardage.

If it is only 5 yards then yes

110% yes for me. That's would be huge to have the extra accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most definitely. I'd much rather be hitting another shot because I'm short and directly in front of the green than another shot where I'm trying to chop out of the rough or get around trees.

In a heart beat. If I hit my drives only 240 and they were right down the middle every time I would be more than happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt I would on my driver, I am hitting my driver straighter than ever before. At 63 yo, I need all the yardage I can get.

Without question!!!! 15 feet for me, on most days, might mean the difference between the fairway and the rough.

I've already cut my driver down to 44.5". I won't hesitate to go I 44" or less if it would help.

Tapa tapa tapa

Yeah definitely. I actually made a recent switch in my bag based on this exact principle.

Have said for years that I would. That being said, have found myself with two drivers in the bag, one longer and one that I hope will stay in the fairway if the other fails.

This is always a funny question
And when ever it pops up its often something that many will apply to driver.

its a bit of a different question when it comes to all the other clubs imo. There is imo something to be said (at a given club distance)to be hitting the next longer club for that given distance in order to gain accuracy. For example - perhaps using an easier and/or more controlled 7i when at 8 iron distance. You basically give up some 7i distance to be more accurate with it and that logic makes sense if we choose to use it.

But not with driver imo. There is no longer club to use instead and things sort of work the opposite way. The driver is very different in the fact that it is the only club that we usually want to or have the need to hit as far as we can. If not then we would most likely just use a shorter club. Its the main reason we use it. Generally speaking the purpose is to hit the ball as far as we can so that we are at a shorter distance for the next shot. One who gladly wants to hand over driver distance with a smile will be left with a longer second shot. And in general the longer that second shot, the less accurate we will be with that. So its kind of a catch22. It sort of works against the very reason for taking out the driver in the first place.

Also driver distance is always a lot easier to say you will sacrifice provided of course that you are one who is more than long enough (for the given hole) to begin with. But even then, when you pull driver it is most ikely with the intent to hit it far or you probably wouldn't pull it.

In a heartbeat, yes

Yeah I would and I do with my irons often by clubbing up.

Driver and 3wd no brainer for me distance isn't really an issue there.

Back