Best value irons online?

toasty

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys,

I have been golfing for a while with a set of old clubs and I am looking to upgrade.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a 2008/2009 set of irons that I could find for around $300 online, including eBay. I am looking for game improvement/super game improvement irons.

Thanks for any help!

I don't have any sites for you, but Nikent iron sets can be picked up very cheap right now. I saw a set at my local golf shop for 299.00 today. I think they were 4dx hybrid set? They looked very forgiving and I know there are people here who can tell you more about them.

check out rockbottomgolf.com They are a great group to deal with. Right now they have Callaway X-20 irons(not the X-20 NG) for 349.99, Wilson Ci7 irons for 229.99, Taylormade Burner Plus irons for 359.99, Cleveland CG Gold irons for 349.99. Nike Slingshot 4d(5-pw) for 199.99
You can usually find a free ship coupon online.

check out rockbottomgolf.com They are a great group to deal with. Right now they have Callaway X-20 irons(not the X-20 NG) for 349.99, Wilson Ci7 irons for 229.99, Taylormade Burner Plus irons for 359.99, Cleveland CG Gold irons for 349.99. Nike Slingshot 4d(5-pw) for 199.99
You can usually find a free ship coupon online.

Check out their ebay site first...I was looking at the Nickent 4DX irons myself. They have them on their regular site either steel or graphite for 229.99, but I just picked up a set from their ebay site for 129.99, with other listings ranging from 129.99-199.99.

I haven't checked, but they're probably available in right-handed too...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370375974168&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Last edited:
Adams A3OS hybrid iron set online for 299 with steel shafts @ golfdiscount.com

Check out their ebay site first...I was looking at the Nickent 4DX irons myself. They have them on their regular site either steel or graphite for 229.99, but I just picked up a set from their ebay site for 129.99, with other listings ranging from 129.99-199.99.

I haven't checked, but they're probably available in right-handed too...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370375974168&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Definately check their ebay store, you can snag a good deal there as well

For the money, Nickent 4DX is almost impossible to beat if you are looking for Hi-technology compared to dollars spent.

rockbottomgolf rocks! love those guys and they have free shipping going on right now!

This thread is making me want to buy some 4dx's.

Purchased my Nike SQ Machspeed 4-AW on Ebay from seller discountgolfdirect_com. Great seller, and got them for about half off retail. They are authentic. I called Nike directly to verify the serial number. Anywhere I've seen them, they're $699 at a retail store, got mine for $395.

You just can't go wrong with the Nickent 4DX irons. They aren't SGI, but they really are easy to hit and the price is right. Also, being a forged club, anyone can bend them for you if you want the lie set to your spec's. I bought these on a whim and now play them instead of my new 09 Burners 90% of the time.

Regular prices are kind of high, but get on their email list and wait for specials...a few months ago they had a 60% off sale where I picked up my 3 wood in "outlet' condition for only $52

I don't think their regular prices are that high. They have specials almost weekly though. depends what you're looking for I guess.

Go to www.lvgolf.com and get their number. They are closing one of the local stores on Paradise Rd and have a lot of their irons 50% off right now. When I was in there the other day they had X-22 for $399 and CG7BP also for $399.

For the money, Nickent 4DX is almost impossible to beat if you are looking for Hi-technology compared to dollars spent.

Man...That Ebay price of $130 for some LH Nickents....Must.....resist......
(although I do wonder how they would stack up against my G5's?)

Back