Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm extremely tempted to replace our 60" in the living room today, one of the lines have gone out on the screen and its driving me crazy (its an old plasma, boo).

I had found an Aquos at the same price, smart TV as well, but it seems the Samsung has better reviews

I had found an Aquos at the same price, smart TV as well, but it seems the Samsung has better reviews

For consumer level televisions, I dont think anyone can match Samsung for picture quality.

For consumer level televisions, I dont think anyone can match Samsung for picture quality.

Man do I disagree. Nothing wrong with Samsung, and I have a few, but I think there are some that are just as good if not better.
It is an interesting debate however, because every person is going to see something else.

And I still think LG and Vizio have the best Smart TVs on the market and its not close in terms of UI.

Man do I disagree. Nothing wrong with Samsung, and I have a few, but I think there are some that are just as good if not better.
It is an interesting debate however, because every person is going to see something else.

And I still think LG and Vizio have the best Smart TVs on the market and its not close in terms of UI.

Everyone has a unique set of eyes. I think Sony and Samsung do a great job of pure picture quality. Vizio is the best mix of quality and price. Sharp and LG are up there as well.

I hesitated and missed out. Lame.

I agree. I've yet to see many brands that look better than Samsung out of the box. I think Sony is one of the worst to be honest. At least at their price points.

One thing most people never do is properly tune their TVs. Whether you have a pro come out or just go off the forums it's an extremely important step to fully enjoy your TV.

I agree. I've yet to see many brands that look better than Samsung out of the box. I think Sony is one of the worst to be honest. At least at their price points.

One thing most people never do is properly tune their TVs. Whether you have a pro come out or just go off the forums it's an extremely important step to fully enjoy your TV.

I disagree on this big time. I did a ton of research, both online an in person before I bought my TV in December 2013. For the things I was looking for (smart TV, mainly watch sports, and do gaming), size (over 60 inches) and price (Under $3,000) the Sony won by a good amount. It had the best motion (without using any artificial motion settings), most natural colors, and least amount of gaming lag out of any TV in it's class.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL65W850A-65-Inch-1080p-Internet/dp/B00ES5YZD6

The only other TV that could touch the sony in terms of picture was a Panasonic Plasma, but I didn't want to go Plasma

I disagree on this big time. I did a ton of research, both online an in person before I bought my TV in December 2013. For the things I was looking for (smart TV, mainly watch sports, and do gaming), size (over 60 inches) and price (Under $3,000) the Sony won by a good amount. It had the best motion (without using any artificial motion settings), most natural colors, and least amount of gaming lag out of any TV in it's class.

I haven't looked in a couple years because my Samsung has been great. I hope they got better because when I seriously shopped them out, I couldn't stand them

You can tune a TV? Maybe that's what I need to do b/c I have a Samsung and it straight up sucks. All blotchy and messed up. My Walmart TV in the basement has a better picture.

You can tune a TV? Maybe that's what I need to do b/c I have a Samsung and it straight up sucks. All blotchy and messed up. My Walmart TV in the basement has a better picture.

You can calibrate them if you really want to

Yes. You can access the advanced panel on most to tune. Most of the time, it is due to the source (meaning cable). But you can alter the colors and other items to create an image that suits your eye.

I'll have to look into that. It's hooked up to a HD box that worked well with my other TV. I lose signal on it at times too and the only way to get it back is to shut the TV off and turn it back on.

Yes you can. The safest bet to get the most natural picture is to use the "movie" setting and shut all things like "motion flow" and "noise reduction".

All of those extra settings sound great, but they are artificial and actually lead to a picture that may look good, but is unnatural and usually over saturated.

What model TV is it, Hawk? I will get you some ideal settings for it.

I'll have to look. I'm not really a TV guy so I'm not sure.

What year and style of TV?

I had a 32 and 40 inch Samsung LCD TV that I bought in 07 and about 2 years later they both had problems. When I called Samsung I learned they had some defective parts and they covered the parts and labor to fix them for me. It was a common issue so they just waited for people to call in and then fix it all. Maybe look into that as well..

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Now, do I bite on another 60" model, or wait and go 65"/70" which I honestly don't need for where ours is at (above fireplace)...

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Now, do I bite on another 60" model, or wait and go 65"/70" which I honestly don't need for where ours is at (above fireplace)...
Buy a 60 and take the extra $$ and buy a handful of boxes of diapers

Buy a 60 and take the extra $$ and buy a handful of boxes of diapers

We're on a diaper delivery program.

Its funny because its true. LOL

Thinking about going Vizio now, 60", I like the smart capabilities. Plus, I know Vizio is a solid do what it says brand.

Thinking about going Vizio now, 60", I like the smart capabilities. Plus, I know Vizio is a solid do what it says brand.

We bought their price friendly E series in the 70" and like it a lot.

We bought their price friendly E series in the 70" and like it a lot.

Yeah, I'm looking at the 60" in the E, its a solid solid deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back