Titleist 915 D2 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another great review Ryan! Glad it didn't already make me regret my purchase yesterday though..haha.

Great writeup! I agree with a lot of the comments about the looks - I think Titleist did a great job releasing a "modern" driver with their typical understated appearance. Sounds like it performs great as well.

Great review Hawk, good to see Titleist moving to the sole channel since it's obviously a proven technology. I also like how they have modernized the sole.

It really is a good looking offering which thus far I've heard nothing but good things about.

Nice review, Ryan. Very well written.

I also like the blend of modern and traditional with the 915. From the crown view, it looks very similar to the last few Titleist drivers, a very classic look. The channel underneath tells a very different story.

I'm interested to see how this driver performs. The early reports are that it outperforms the 910 driver, which is a huge statement in my opinion.

Mr Hawk, that's a solid review right there. Well done! I'll admit this one was on my hit list for a very very long time, but the Rogue is an iffy aspect for me personally.

Good stuff dude, seriously.

Good review, I can attest to the playability factor. I had an one hour fitting session which turned into mostly a 915 D2 session. By the end of the hour, I was having trouble finding the sweet spot and the D2 with a Rogue Black 60 was the best combination for my ineptitude. Only problem, that particular shaft is not a stock shaft and so the club will not be shipped until Jan 9. Rogue Silver 60 is a stock shaft but the tip is stiffer than the Black 60, Black 70 is stock but heavier. Also hit the D3 and G30 with different shafts with G30 having better spin numbers 3 yards more distance but wider dispersion. The D3 was less forgiving with higher dispersion numbers for me. I'm excited about the 915, yeah, that shaft would probably make my 913 better for me but, hey, gotta keep up with the latest technology. haha

Great write up Hawk! I've stayed away from Titleist for many years because it was so penalizing for missed shots. The amount of side spin I generated was crazy. It's great to hear they've worked to aid those of us that are not constantly in the center of the driver face.

I've come to really appreciate all the reviews you guys do. Thanks buddies.

Nice work Hawk. 915 is one of a few I really want to try out in early 2015.

Nice review Hawk.
I was really happy with what I saw out of the 915d2 and am pretty excited to get one out on the course.

This deserves a bump for the evening crowd. Seriously some really solid info in here.

Great review Ryan,
I'm glad to see that Titleist has adopted current technology (ARC) while still maintaining their traditional look, at least at address. It appears that the 915D2 might appeal to a broader audience due to its added forgiveness. I know I will definitely have it on my demo list for 2015.

Great review Hawk the D2 is a solid offering from Titleist and I think most will find it more forgiving than they perceive and that the Rogue shaft ain't as scary as some think

Well done, Ryan

A great review of my favorite driver so far in the 2014/2015 crop. It's not the absolute longest out there, but for me it's definitely the most accurate due to the stock length and Titleist's improvements on off center strikes. Compared directly against the 913D2, I saw less of a penalty particularly on balls struck heel side and low on the face. And it's neck in neck with the Callaway offerings as far as quality of sound - they are different sounds, but both pleasing. The huge offering of stock shafts means that it can fit nearly anyone out there.

As you can tell...I am strongly resisting an urge to get one.

Great thoughts Ryan. Love that you're able to test a couple different settings to take some variables out in some cases, yet see on course results and effects in others.

I've only hit it a hand full of times and trying to wait as long as possible before hitting it again, the 913 it still quite new to me.

A great review of my favorite driver so far in the 2014/2015 crop. It's not the absolute longest out there, but for me it's definitely the most accurate due to the stock length and Titleist's improvements on off center strikes. Compared directly against the 913D2, I saw less of a penalty particularly on balls struck heel side and low on the face. And it's neck in neck with the Callaway offerings as far as quality of sound - they are different sounds, but both pleasing. The huge offering of stock shafts means that it can fit nearly anyone out there.

As you can tell...I am strongly resisting an urge to get one.
I may have somehow bought 2 and have one available...

Just sayin' haha.

I may have somehow bought 2 and have one available...

Just sayin' haha.

Hahaha are you serious? Accidentally hit the submit payment button twice or something? Lol

I've been strongly pondering replacing the driver this year. Not going to get rid of the J40 just yet because it may be hard to keep it out of the bag, but I'd love to put one of these in the bag for several rounds with the Diamana Blue and see what kind of results I get.

I've been strongly pondering replacing the driver this year. Not going to get rid of the J40 just yet because it may be hard to keep it out of the bag, but I'd love to put one of these in the bag for several rounds with the Diamana Blue and see what kind of results I get.

I think you would be scary with this or with the 913 Bradddddd :)

Great write up Hawk! I am interested if anyone has hit the 910D2 vs the 915D2 back to back and what your thoughts are between the two.

Hit this today at an outdoor range here. 12 degree head set to A1, with a Diamana Red Stiff shaft in it to help get the launch up. I absolutely loved it. Played the 913D2 all of last year and developed a great feel for that club, but it left distance on the table for me both on center strikes and off center hits, so I played the Bertha and Bertha V this year. the 915 I hit today was neck and neck with my Bertha V on my mini launch monitor. It was about 5 yards longer for me than the 913 on center strikes and quite a bit more forgiving on off center hits. Its a gorgeous looking club too. I could easily buy this and put it in the bag, but right now loving the Bertha V and the season is over here anyway. We'll see what happens as I get bored in the winter....So many good offerings by all the OEMs right now. Just so much depends on finding the right setup and feel for you.

As usual a good write up. Definitely has this driver in ponder mode

went to the range and hit this today. set it to b1 on the hosel (.75 degree flat, stated 9.5 loft). very forgiving driver. sound is a bit more tingy metallic than i prefer but that can be overlooked if i am finding fairways. my main miss is big sweeping draw/hook. the ability to set it flatter, thus promoting a fade, is pretty big for me and its something i wish more oem adjustment system would include. i tell myself "this is the anti left setting, dont worry about left and just swing and release the club." when i execute properly this club gives me mid-high bombs that i can definitely live with.

Continuing my search for new driver hit the d2 on the weekend.
Seemed to be the most forgiving club I have hit ,including the cobra fly z srixon 545 and my current optiforce.
Also seems to impart less side spin going very straight .
Still experimenting with shafts but at this stage is my current favorite .
Distance seemed to be good but not outstanding as my course is running fast and don't seem to be able to hit much of a draw yet but I think a softer shaft may do the trick
Will report back
Certainly very confidence inspiring to date

Back