What are you building? (Club style)

Hey, the OPTION will be there, and that's what counts.

I'nm installing a Fuji Pro 63 into a G30 adapter tonight. Hope to get it out Wed, then decide on if I go 73 for the 5w.

It's tinkering time. The dream of not sucking is alive during the winter.

V2 and some MCI sounds like a solid combo.

My kids are good at painting if u need stuff fixed

I forget. Are you a degenerate slow shipper like me? If so, no deal.

I forget. Are you a degenerate slow shipper like me? If so, no deal.

I can appreciate that, im sure you are anxious to swing some of those clubs....indoors

It's not so bad.

I really need to buy my own shaft puller, Grip Station and Loft and Lie machine really sick of paying for something I can easily do myself. Now to find some sales

I really need to buy my own shaft puller, Grip Station and Loft and Lie machine really sick of paying for something I can easily do myself. Now to find some sales
I use the roberts shaft puller. Best money in repair tools, i use it to do grips as well. Ive been looking for a loft/lie machine but I only trust Mitchell and they arent cheap.

Grip station, you just need a vice. That's easy.

Loft and Lie machine, as much as that'd be fun it seems like there'd be too much tinkering and double and triple checking. Once a year, sure. The cost for that for annual checking doesn't seem to add up as a needed machine.

Shaft puller though... The ponder is high.

I also have the roberts shaft puller and am very happy with it. Great long term investment imo

Golfsmith puller works just as well if you can save some money.

I have one a guy on another forum made...pretty much the same as a Roberts...great puller. I've always done my own drivers but now I'm getting lazy and switching to TM and Nike so I can just pull adapters and move shafts around easier. I've never attempted iron building... tip weights, loft and lie... ugh.

Winter boredom has officially set it. Here are the current projects.

-588 CB's with Fuji MCI shafts. Built a tester 8 iron on Friday and took it for a quick demo session. Will finish that one up soon. Shafts will need cut down a bit.
-Installed a Fuji Pro 73 in my Bobby Jones 4w and it turned out great. Pretty much the same weight as the old shaft. Different feel and results looked good.
-Was going to install a Tour Blue hybrid shaft in the BJ hybrid, but it appears the diameter is .350 instead of the standard .370. Boo. Trying to decide the next step there.

Can you not put a shim on the Hybo shaft?

That's what I'm trying to decide. The shaft seems like it could handle it - basically about 1mm needs to be removed.

Sanded down a TB hybrid shaft and installed in the BJ hybrid.
Started working on a set of W/S V2's that will be getting 120g KBS Tours in them. Going to bend them 2° strong eventually.

Sanded down a TB hybrid shaft and installed in the BJ hybrid.
Started working on a set of W/S V2's that will be getting 120g KBS Tours in them. Going to bend them 2° strong eventually.

I miss my V2's. I keep saying I am going to take them out for a round and never do. It will be interesting to see what kind of distance gain you see from bending them.

Probably not much, but they'll match my 588 CB's and gap a little better with what I have for wedges in the hoard. I figure I'll play them a time or two for old time's sake.

Pretty excited to try my hand at this soon.

Any projects in mind Kev?

Pretty excited to try my hand at this soon.
Whatcha thinking?

I know I have a few projects I'll be doing over the next few weeks because I have nothing better to do. Gonna switch a few shafts around just for fun. I really wish I had a bender tool so I can adjust lie/loft on my own though. One day maybe.

I'm going to be doing shaft swaps in some wedges. Going from spinners to KBS Hi rev.

Back