Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

So I just got a Midnight Mid Slim 2.0 and had a quick question, I want to put this one tonight but do I need the double sided tape under the grip?

Thanks for the help

Yup, treat it just like a normal grip install. Double sided tape and LOTS of mineral spirits to make sure you get that sucker all the way on.

Guess I'll post this here too...
Came home today!
15" superstroke mid slim 2.0 on my Tank Versa #7

Now I apparently need to find a good way to cover the end. Turns out the guy I talked to was wrong, and there is no non-cruiser version of the grip :/
Suggestions?

IMAG0221.jpg
IMAG0222.jpg

Be advised if you do this... It took the length of my putter from 36 to 35.5. I never measured it before, something seemed odd, so I measured. There must be a good. 5" of solid rubber at the end of the regular Tank grips?

Question -
I have just started using the 1.0 and have noticed that my hands are much sweatier and slicker using this putter than my other putter grips. I have never had this problem before, usually occurs during the second half of my round.
Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Yup, treat it just like a normal grip install. Double sided tape and LOTS of mineral spirits to make sure you get that sucker all the way on.

Awesome, that's what I thought but just figured I would double check just to make sure. Thanks again man

Question -
I have just started using the 1.0 and have noticed that my hands are much sweatier and slicker using this putter than my other putter grips. I have never had this problem before, usually occurs during the second half of my round.
Does anyone else have a similar issue?

My hands sweat quite a bit and do notice that the Super Stroke gets a bit slippery from sweat and other moisture.

Came out perfect and was SO easy to do. Absolutely love the look and feel of the grip

253f98ccef46b77f26cd59f474841a7d.jpg

Last edited:
I use the 2.0 mid slim and love it!!!

I can't wait to roll this thing! Hoping to hit the practice green before this weekend. I just knew I couldn't use one of the really fat grips, I have tried a couple and just didn't feel right to me.

I can't wait to roll this thing! Hoping to hit the practice green before this weekend. I just knew I couldn't use one of the really fat grips, I have tried a couple and just didn't feel right to me.

I started with a 1.0 which I liked, then went to a 2.0 which I liked even more. I did try a 3.0 for a minute but found it was a bit too large for me. I now have 2.0s on all 5 of the putters I currently own. Soon to be 3...

I started with a 1.0 which I liked, then went to a 2.0 which I liked even more. I did try a 3.0 for a minute but found it was a bit too large for me. I now have 2.0s on all 5 of the putters I currently own. Soon to be 3...

Nice, I tried my buddies 2.0 and really liked it and also the new colors that SS came out with the Midnight series absolutely worked for me. Easy switch for me too make now I just hope I can make more putts! haha

Had a chance to roll my putter with my new SS installed and thought it was significantly lighter than with the previous grip. Has anyone else had this same feeling?

I thought it rolled extremely well and I was pleased with the results, I really going to be able to test it today and tomorrow on the course. Really looking forward to see how it performs.

I'm going to put a 3.0 CB grip on my SeeMore. I think it is 17" long. Is there anything particular to know that will help get this on the putter? Do you use tape like with grips on other clubs? Air instead of fluid?

I'm going to put a 3.0 CB grip on my SeeMore. I think it is 17" long. Is there anything particular to know that will help get this on the putter? Do you use tape like with grips on other clubs? Air instead of fluid?

It was pretty much like any tight grip for me, tape and solvent, just make sure use plenty of solvent and the shaft is clamped down pretty good because it is pretty difficult to slide on.

How did it turn out? I'm very pleased with my DLL, I put a 60 gm wt in the butt and the 17" grip. The balance point only changed about 3/4 inch (up the shaft) and I like it much better now. The only regret is that I didn't do anything to fasten the butt weight and it rattles when I drop the putter. I wish I had put a little grip tape on the weight but function is not impaired.

How did it turn out? I'm very pleased with my DLL, I put a 60 gm wt in the butt and the 17" grip. The balance point only changed about 3/4 inch (up the shaft) and I like it much better now. The only regret is that I didn't do anything to fasten the butt weight and it rattles when I drop the putter. I wish I had put a little grip tape on the weight but function is not impaired.
I went to install it last night and realized I'm out of tape. If I can get my son to finish his homework I'm going to head over to GS, buy a packet and get it on the putter tonight.

How did you add weight? I had not thought about that...I'll need to keep the weight right so I don't mess up the CB.

I went to install it last night and realized I'm out of tape. If I can get my son to finish his homework I'm going to head over to GS, buy a packet and get it on the putter tonight.

How did you add weight? I had not thought about that...I'll need to keep the weight right so I don't mess up the CB.

Corrected, I looked up the weight of the SS grip (85 g.)

Golfsmith may have some butt weights that are made just for putters, if not order online. I did the arithmetic and ordered the weight so that the weight plus the grip weight was closest to the original grip weight. The SS 17" 1.3" grip is about 85 gms. Check your putter specs, Taylormade uses a weighted grip, yours may have a weight in the butt of the shaft already.

Then, before doing anything, I marked the balance point with a marker. After removing the old grip, taped the SS and stuck the weight in the butt of the shaft to check that balance point was going to be close.

It was a little bit of research and arithmetic but the results are worth it.

Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Had the 3.0, then switched recently to the belly 17" 1.3" OD with custom counter-weight

Do they make the 2014 USA Ryder Cup in the Fatso? I am having zero luck finding it. I have found the 2012 version.

This one is for JB & THP Forum Leaders.

What are the chance we can get a Q&A gig with SS? I mean we have a good old friend (Greg S) that runs the marketing dept. now.

I'd love to know what they will have soon for us and possibly are considering for down the road.

This one is for JB & THP Forum Leaders.

What are the chance we can get a Q&A gig with SS? I mean we have a good old friend (Greg S) that runs the marketing dept. now.

I'd love to know what they will have soon for us and possibly are considering for down the road.

It will be better than a Q&A. More coming soon... :D

It will be better than a Q&A. More coming soon... :D

do you think SS can get in on legacy? or another event?

do you think SS can get in on legacy? or another event?

Lamkin is a part of legacy already.
As for another event, not this coming year, but you never know what the future holds.

Haven't posted in this thread but recently went with the Flatso Ultra in my Odyssey White Hot #1 - I fell in love with this putter all over again - great feel!

Thanks to Kang's generosity, I will soon have a Scotty Squareback. I am pondering putting a SS grip on it. I like the 3.0 I just put on my SeeMore CB putter but I don't want to mess up the weighting of the club. I can't find the weight of the stock Pistolero grip anywhere. Any thoughts on which SS grip would be best to use?

Thanks to Kang's generosity, I will soon have a Scotty Squareback. I am pondering putting a SS grip on it. I like the 3.0 I just put on my SeeMore CB putter but I don't want to mess up the weighting of the club. I can't find the weight of the stock Pistolero grip anywhere. Any thoughts on which SS grip would be best to use?

I think the weight on the grip is negligible, personally I find the grip is more or less for feel and proper grip while eliminating too much wrist rotation. I would definitely go with the 3.0 if it feels good in your hands, worst case you change it back to stock.

Back