The Movie Review Thread

Fury was holy crap intense with plenty of scenes that remind us all that war is not pretty and it's kill or be killed.
War is hell but it is never kill or be killed. It should always be kill only when absolutely necessary. Fury shows the absolute worst and best in combat, all in one five-man tank crew. You do not need to lose your humanity to be an effective combat Soldier.

Been watching movies during my downtime at work, so I'll throw in a little something.

The Equalizer - another Denzel being a B.A. movie. Overall, the film isn't too great, but he's good in it and the story isn't awful. Wish they'd tell you anything about the guy though, they don't build his character at all. I liked it enough that I'll probably add it to my bluray collection, at some point.

Two Night Stand - wife made me watch it, it's a decent little romantic comedy. Had some laugh out loud parts. I don't know if I'd watch it again, but it wasn't a bad watch if you want to sit down with the old lady and watch something funny that she'd probably like.

November Man - thought this one was pretty good. Pierce Brosnan was good in it. Had a fair amount of action in it and the story was believable. I liked it and I'll watch it again.

Gone Girl - great story, but poorly executed. Affleck wasn't particularly impressive. This was another movie the wife dragged me too and I don't know that I'd be interested in watching it again. Sucks too, because it had an awful lot of potential.

The Prince - largely underwhelming. This is another one that had a decent story, but was poorly executed. I'm not sure why Bruce Willis still gets movie roles, to be honest. It's worth a watch, but not much more than that. I won't see it again.

A Walk Among The Tombstones - I liked this one a lot. Not a huge Liam Neeson fan, as he seems like the same character in every movie, but he did this one pretty well. The story deviated enough at times to keep you following it, without knowing exactly what was coming next. This is one I would watch again.

Let's Be Cops - so stupid at times that you can't help but laugh. I didn't come away too impressed, but it's worth watching for a few laughs.

Sex Tape - This one made me laugh, but wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping. Not a Cameron Diaz fan, but she was alright. Only thing I didn't like, some of the funniest parts were basically in the trailer; a pet peeve of mine.

Good People - this one surprised me, as it was actually pretty good. It's definitely worth a watch

Big hero 6. My 3 and a half year old loved it. I liked it too.

Saw Interstellar last night in IMAX. Well worth the upgrade in price to see those visuals in that format and with the a accompanying sound. Could literally feel the film. Outstanding job by Nolan again. Well acted too. Great job in pairing down a science heavy subject (space time) to an understandable level.

Saw it in 70MM IMAX today. Amazing. Nolan knows how to shoot a film.

Pitch Perfect 2 - with Packer representation - sign me up

Better late than never, watched some movies this weekend.

Lets Be Cops - surprisingly more of a drama than I expected, and turned out good

The Nightmare Before Christmas - its been out for ages, and somehow I hadn't seen it..... the wife wanted to watch it.... really neat watch, but not something I necessarily enjoyed

Guardians of the Galaxy - love Marvel movies, honestly knew nothing about the background of Guardians of the Galaxy. Really really enjoyed it. Haven't laughed that much in a while!

Better late than never, watched some movies this weekend.

Lets Be Cops - surprisingly more of a drama than I expected, and turned out good

The Nightmare Before Christmas - its been out for ages, and somehow I hadn't seen it..... the wife wanted to watch it.... really neat watch, but not something I necessarily enjoyed

Guardians of the Galaxy - love Marvel movies, honestly knew nothing about the background of Guardians of the Galaxy. Really really enjoyed it. Haven't laughed that much in a while!

I watched Guardians this week on a whim. Thought the trailer looked dumb, but I really enjoyed it.

Watched 22 Jump Street this weekend, pretty good for a comedy "fun" flick.

Watched 22 Jump Street this weekend, pretty good for a comedy "fun" flick.

Watched that a couple weeks ago. Really liked it. Channing Tatum is really underrated comedicly.

Went and saw Mockingjay part 1 tonight with the wife. Intense movie. These movies have been shockingly good and each one is better than the one before it.

There are so many funny liners in that movie.

Agreed. I liked the first one as well. Hill and Tatum have got great chemistry.

In Time - interesting premise, not so well executed and the ending was poor.

Watched John Wick tonight. Not a good movie. Sucks too, as I had high expectations after hearing good things.

The movie Fury with Brad Pitt made me want to go out and hug someone . Made me feel damn proud to be an American .

And move maze runner made me want to cry. Cry that I wasted hard earned money to 1) rent the movie and 2) waste electricity on it 3) waste my valuable time . Will never get back the hour and half of my life . And than it looks like their might be a sequel ? WTF

Last edited:
Interstellar - not a high paced movie, but very philosophical. Some neat actual science (got a couple published papers out of the computer modeling of the black hole rendering in the movie). Put this with Inception, in that it raises more questions than it answers by the time the credits start rolling.

Interstellar - not a high paced movie, but very philosophical. Some neat actual science (got a couple published papers out of the computer modeling of the black hole rendering in the movie). Put this with Inception, in that it raises more questions than it answers by the time the credits start rolling.

Not a huge McConaughey fan and didn't like Inception much at all so I will probably steer clear of this one. Thanks for the info.

Transformers: Age of Extinction
Does anybody buy Marky Mark as an inventive genius? I didn't. Oh, and here I thought they were stranded on Earth, yet I watched Optimus rocket off into space at the end of the movie.

Watched Maleficent with my wife last night on Red Box. Meh. Interesting twist on Sleeping Beauty but I was pretty much bored to death for nearly 2 hours.

I actually enjoyed that movie but I'd never admit that to my wife.

Not a huge McConaughey fan and didn't like Inception much at all so I will probably steer clear of this one. Thanks for the info.

He was really good in this one.. I actually like him in some of his more serious roles ( this, Time To Kill ) I loved this one as well because time / space travel fascinates my pea brain for some reason. And it made you think a lot. I saw it with my wife and 14 year old and I'm not sure the 14 year old totally understood.

I plan on seeing Fury this weekend...

My entire perception of M McConaughey changed after true detectives.

Excellent in that excellent in Dallas Buyers club
Excellent in interstellar

I've been doing some serious general relativity/astrophysics reading after watching Interstellar haha. Fascinating subject and a fascinating film.

Back