Best Center Shafted Putters

CBaker

2024 Team Hackers #FailsatFive
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Everyone, I am going to be in the market for a new putter come February, and I was wondering what people's opinions are on the best center shafted putters currently out there? I would specifically be looking at mid-mallet type putters, as I have a very straight back straight through stroke, and the mid-mallets seem to fit and feel the best for me.

Right now I am looking at the Odyssey #5, SeeMore Si3, and Ping Piper C. What other brands/types should I be looking into? Anyone who owns any of these care to share a quick review/word about them? Out of the 3, which would you prefer and why? I honestly love all 3. I have tried all of them out and can't pick between them.

Seemore FGP2

I still like the Rife Trinidad, and they can usually be found for cheap. I don't game it, but I do practice with it a lot to really focus on face alignment.

Nead Biti. I love that putter!

Brand: SeeMore
Model: Take your pick

If you are looking in the small / mid mallet range, the FGP 2 as Hawk mentioned or if you want to go the 100% milled route, the mFGP2 is phenomenal. Can usually find very good deals on them either in the THP marketplace or on Ebay.

Seemore FGP2
Great headshape, and comes in a number of options/price points, from FGP mallet/fgp2, ptm3, to mfgp2. Can't go wrong here.

Would definitely agree with the FGP2 recommendations.

While not a strict mid, the odyssey #7 CS versa is also a good offering without being too big IMO.

Any difference between the FGP2 and FGP Mallet? They look the same to me...

I have an Odyssey White Steel #5 and it's alright. I moved on from it pretty quickly however. The FGP2 is a good one, but I prefer a heavier head so it's not something I roll with often. Between the WS #5 and FGP2 however, I roll the FGP2 more. There are so many variables you need to take into account that I'd definitely hit up a store and see what feels best to you. I wouldn't discount the bigger head Odyssey #7 CS though, especially if you don't mind going full mallet.

Seemore!

SeeMore. I too was looking toward the mallet end of the spectrum as that was what seemed to fit me (so I thought) but after a fitting at SeeMore I walked away with the original FGP and have never putted this well in my life.
Just my $.02.

SeeMore. I too was looking toward the mallet end of the spectrum as that was what seemed to fit me (so I thought) but after a fitting at SeeMore I walked away with the original FGP and have never putted this well in my life.
Just my $.02.

Another one in agreement.

THE best CS shape out there period IMO. Even moreso if thinking mid-mallet as the OP is.
IF money is no object...
SeeMore - find a head shape you like, almost all are center shaft.
Scotty Cameron GoLo 5s
Kronos Mandala (Jman has a nice write up)
Odyssey 7 CS
Ping Shea (I forget the other specs)
Wison Staff will have a great one, TERRIFIC price point, in a few months. Not sure how much info is out there yet, but it rolls SWEET!!

In the FGP series, the FGP2 shape is referred to as the FGP mallet, in the milled series, it's mFGP2. They are the same shape. Add me to the list of the folks suggesting the FGP2 shape. My absolute favorite.

Just my $.02.

I've tried both styles, I like a little more off the back end. I like bladed putters with regular shafts, but the CS versions I can't seem to get behind the bladed versions. I have tried the original FGP and Si3, and I liked the mid-mallet Si3 better.

Has anyone else tried out the Si3? The FGP2 seems to be getting a lot of love, but I'm not sure if that's because no one has tried the Si3, or if people are just not fans of it.

Size I think.

I'm just recommending that one based off your wish-list by the way.

For a CS mid-mallet I don't think you'll find one better.

I've tried both styles, I like a little more off the back end. I like bladed putters with regular shafts, but the CS versions I can't seem to get behind the bladed versions. I have tried the original FGP and Si3, and I liked the mid-mallet Si3 better.

Has anyone else tried out the Si3? The FGP2 seems to be getting a lot of love, but I'm not sure if that's because no one has tried the Si3, or if people are just not fans of it.

Yea I've tried it. FGP2.

Yea I've tried it. FGP2.

That clears that one up. Thanks. Looks like I need to check up on the FGP2/FGP Mallet next time I have time to stop in the local store. Luckily the GolfSmith by me stocks SeeMore's so I can try them all.

IF money is no object...
SeeMore - find a head shape you like, almost all are center shaft.
Scotty Cameron GoLo 5s
Kronos Mandala (Jman has a nice write up)
Odyssey 7 CS
Ping Shea (I forget the other specs)
Wison Staff will have a great one, TERRIFIC price point, in a few months. Not sure how much info is out there yet, but it rolls SWEET!!

It's not that money is an object or anything, but with the Scotty's...I just can't wrap my head around $350 for a putter when the SeeMore's and Odyssey's of the world are around the $150-$200 mark. Although I have tried GOLO S5, and I must say I loved it. Just principle I guess.

Quoted for truth.

I liked the Si3, but the FGP2 shape...it's just good.

That Kronos Mandala looks superb though. Out of my range of what I would want to throw down, but it is certainly a great looking putter.

It's not that money is an object or anything, but with the Scotty's...I just can't wrap my head around $350 for a putter when the SeeMore's and Odyssey's of the world are around the $150-$200 mark. Although I have tried GOLO S5, and I must say I loved it. Just principle I guess.

It's tough. I think they are all really good putters. Some price tag's are harder to swallow. That being said, when they go in the hole, you forget what the cost was :)

I have a Si3, love the feel off the face! I wanted to try the SPi without having to empty the bank account, found it for a good price, and have been gaming it almost exclusively since June. It does have a SS 1.0 grip on it.

People sell Scotty's here for about half price. Not frequently, but they are out there...

Back