Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a 21 pound package is arriving Wednesday from Callaway. I know what that means.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPS notification received with a date change. Today instead of tomorrow. :banana:

Happy to be starting a new project today, this will be the longest job I've done, which is going to take roughly 9 months. Biggest drawback will be commute times, but once golf season kicks off, I'll play golf after work to stay out of the lovely DC traffic.
What kind of project, are you still doing home renovation? That sounds like quite the undertaking.

Happy to be starting a new project today, this will be the longest job I've done, which is going to take roughly 9 months. Biggest drawback will be commute times, but once golf season kicks off, I'll play golf after work to stay out of the lovely DC traffic.

I know you've been telling me about this one for a couple months now. Glad to see it's about to start

Enjoy that trip to Disney, you'll need to prepared for that commute. Some Top Golf after work will be convenient for you, or perhaps make a connection at Belle Haven CC :)

What kind of project, are you still doing home renovation? That sounds like quite the undertaking.

Yes I am. I'll be happy to get out in 9 months too. I don't think at this point the architect has all the T's crossed or I's dotted. We just ordered out siding from Northern California. All redwood ship lap. 17k board foot. Lead time is insane. But it will be a new set of obstacles, new set of challenges. So for that it's exciting.

Yes I am. I'll be happy to get out in 9 months too. I don't think at this point the architect has all the T's crossed or I's dotted. We just ordered out siding from Northern California. All redwood ship lap. 17k board foot. Lead time is insane. But it will be a new set of obstacles, new set of challenges. So for that it's exciting.
I hope to hear some details at some point sounds like an awesome project.

Good luck...bsed on previous convo it sounds like sweet project...enjoy your vacation and then the fun commute...

Got my final grades for my two classes. Almost aced my server 2008 class and was able to pull a B in my English after struggling to figure my professors expectations. Overall gpa just over 3.9. 5 more classes til I get my AA in cybersecurity

That's a heck of a project time and a crap load of board ft. You'll get the ship lap thing down in no time.

At least going in you know the architect is still trying to get everything marked off.

Got my final grades for my two classes. Almost aced my server 2008 class and was able to pull a B in my English after struggling to figure my professors expectations. Overall gpa just over 3.9. 5 more classes til I get my AA in cybersecurity

Wow! Congrats man.

That's a heck of a project time and a crap load of board ft. You'll get the ship lap thing down in no time.

At least going in you know the architect is still trying to get everything marked off.

This architect is in the FLW pipeline through his father. This house feel like a weight project, looks like an iteration of one of his understudies. But man the construction of this home is less than desirable in today's standards.
77d278a12179f0ba66533ad056cfde56.jpg
bc0b3a8d6627ff4516066af15029b7f0.jpg

Wow! Congrats man.

Thanks..this semester was the most work I had to put in even though I only do two classes a semester. Lots of work time that cut into study time and English was a lot of reading and prep for essays.

This architect is in the FLW pipeline through his father. This house feel like a weight project, looks like an iteration of one of his understudies. But man the construction of this home is less than desirable in today's standards.

It'll be pretty cool to see your final results. Before reading the text I thought it looked kinda Wrightish.

Some things I will never understand and that design style is one. To each their own though and it definitely has a FLW flare to it.

Some things I will never understand and that design style is one. To each their own though and it definitely has a FLW flare to it.

Hahaha it pays the bills buddy. I've worked so many convention North East coast homes it's nice to get on to something different.

I love them, it's always funny when they get slammed down in the middle of a neighborhood with traditional homes, but in the right environment I would love to have one.

But enough of this...burning up this thread with sillyness

Hahaha it pays the bills buddy. I've worked so many convention North East coast homes it's nice to get on to something different.

That's what matters dude paying the bills. You pay we build always served me well.

I know the feeling of wanting to build something different to break up the funk from my time in construction. Heck changing materials was even nice.

I'll be looking for more pics as it comes along.

Congrats Eric.

Received an awesome Christmas card from the boss at work. Also threw in a last second jab with the Go Seahawks! He knows I am not a fan especially since my niners are not doing hot right now. Only 3 months on the new job, filling in for 2 people on holidays, got promoted to mid management. Things are looking good to finish off the year.
db3e635dbdaf9a0ad0db92f4b14eae03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my grades back for this semester of grad school with an A and a B+. Whew. :)

Random acts of thoughtfulness and kindness by THPrs.

7 oz gain!!!!! YAAAAY!

Yuss! Gonna play triple 7 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back