How much have you spent in 2014

AngryYankee, that’s an awful question to ask. That’s like asking a lady her age…..you just don’t do it. So, I would like to plead the fifth. :quiet:

Shushhhh. Id rather not speak about it

I don't want to know. Let's just say "too much but never enough".

Zero, except balls, gloves etc... of course I replaced my whole bag at the end of 2013!

'Bout tree fiddy.

Honestly, I bought two pairs of shoes, a rangefinder and a couple pieces of apparel. Then my world was turned upside down by THP and the good people at Callaway. The #Grandaddy was such an amazing experience and the equipment aspect was monetarily significant.

@$500 - Iron Set, 3 Wood, Wedge, GPS Watch, Shoes

I added it up (not just equipment, but traveling to official/unofficial THP events as well) a couple of weeks ago and it was A LOT. I mean, really depressing A LOT. And I used miles for all my flights. I will not be adding it up in 2015.

I only spent about $300 but I'm waiting to see if OG is going to post here. I'm sure all his trades equaled out his purchases though.

I only spent about $300 but I'm waiting to see if OG is going to post here. I'm sure all his trades equaled out his purchases though.

I did trade stuff in and got some pretty good deals however I still spent more over the top of the trades than I prefer. I am about traded out of stuff so I may have slim pickings for 2015 :crying:

I don't know what you are talking about.

Driver + shaft: $225
Putter: $200
GPS Watch: $100
Balls: ~$200
Tees: $30
Grips: $75
Total: ~$830

Not too bad here:

Odyssey WHP Rossie - $75
Cleveland RTX wedge - $75
Callaway Optiforce Driver - $88
Callaway Optiforce 3W - $80

That's it for equipment this year.

Driver: head- 200 shaft - 150
Irons: 425 shafts 250
Hybrids: 215
Utility irons: 275
Putter: 250
Fairway wood: 200
Miscellaneous (tees, grips, practice stuff, etc.): 300 estimated

Total: 2265

I would tell you but my son is on the forum and he would use it as ammo and if my wife ever found out oh boy lol

Got my first Scotty off of the bay this year at 180 plus shipping do a pretty cheap year

No clue and I don't really want to add it up. I know at anot the mid year point it was already over 4 grand. And after I realized that I quit counting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheapest year in a long time for me. I probably dropped right at 1600 bucks. 2 sets of irons, 2 putters, and an R1 "staff" stand bag because it's gorgeous. Woods and hybrids I kept playing from last year because they just plain worked.

If you think golf is expensive try racing go karts. I switched back to golf to save money. With my wife's blessing!

How much have you spent in 2014

If you think golf is expensive try racing go karts. I switched back to golf to save money. With my wife's blessing!

Yea that's like saying try racing auto cross its "cheap". Any fun hobby is more expensive than you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After a 3 yr hiatus I needed a full bag upgrade and balls, so I did ok for ~ $1300. I'm not counting the three FW woods I got to try as I'll resell them.

I try and save where and when I can.

New driver on sale from box store.
Like new 4w off CPO.
Used irons from local store.
Used hybrids off THP.
New last year's wedges off eBay.
Like new putter off eBay.
5 dzn balls. 2 from box store on sale and 3 mint, 5A off the internet

Last edited:
Compared to previous years, a relatively small amount:
Irons - $400
Hybrids - $210
Red Tie for driver - $100
5 putters - ~$500
Misc Balls, Access, and Clothes - $300
Shoes - $70

Over $2000, but I'm buying everything for the first time.

My Mizuno irons were the most expensive purchase, and I plan on playing those for a long time.

I think the only thing I have left to complete my bag is a fairway wood.

The year started off slow and then snowballed. Way more than I should have.

2013, USD 300, for used ‘by idiot’ iron set of mp 69. No sign of being used, really.

2014, 0.

Still looking for sw 56 deg to comply them, at below USD 100.

I'd say it's simple math, but it's not. How much $$$ did you spend on golf equipment so far in 2014? I'm not talking about new tees, green/cart fees, or needing to replace a torn glove. I'm looking at clubs, bags, balls, GPS units, anything of the sort.

I had an expensive year. New irons that went about $500-600. New driver at about $250, aftermarket shaft another $100. Three woods and three hybrids set me back another $500. Let's say about $200 in balls. $100 GPS watch, $60 for the putter, about $300 in wedges, and a $200 bag. Add on top of that I bought the Game Golf system, so there went another $200. Shoes were around $120 or so, can't really remember and a jacket for $60

Close, if not over, $2700 alone on golf goodies. I don't even want to factor in green fees.

I've never looked at my purchases as a whole. When I have money to spare, and I see an event, trip, or club I want, I go for it. That, combined with my golf membership, is probably quite high -- But it's my passion and I am willing to spend on it.

It's simple math, with convenient ignorance.

Back