NHL '09-'10 Season

Go Flyers!!! Can't believe the Pens are going home...

que the fat lady

5 minutes left to go down by 3. Say Goodnight Gracey

I can't believe I have to listen to MTL fans for another series.

Awww....the last game ever at Melon Arena :( There goes the igloo !!

So Chicago and Sharks!! Habs and we still don't know between the Flyers and the Bruins!!

Congrats to Halak and the Habs. They deserved it. :clapp:

Their trap game was perfect for both the offensive-minded teams they've beaten so far. I have a feeling it won't work so well in the next round. We'll see if they change up their system at all. Whatever happens, I'll be rooting for them the rest of the way, I respect a hot goalie more than anyone.

Halak stood on his head! the guy was lights out tonite and they deserved to win game 7 for sure

The Habs were the better team and deserved to win. The Habs played their game, prevented the Pens from playing their's and took advantage of scoring opportunities. Its going to be interesting to see now who wins the Hart. Ovi and Crosby really didnt do much in the playoffs but Sedin did. I could see Sedin winning the Hart.

wow Philly coming back from 0-3 to tie their series! great playoff hockey this postseason so far!

wow Philly coming back from 0-3 to tie their series! great playoff hockey this postseason so far!

An excellent series, think about it, if Philly wins game seven, you've got a 7 and an 8 seed in the Eastern Conference Finals. WOW!!!

I can't believe Boston lost!! They were up 3-0 over the Flyers :(

I can't remember an playoffs with this many game 7s!!!

That's right, I don't even know how to google this to find out the last time this happened. But the Coyotes/Red Wings series went 7 games, Pens/Habs series went 7 games, Bruins/Flyers series went 7 games...

That's right, I don't even know how to google this to find out the last time this happened. But the Coyotes/Red Wings series went 7 games, Pens/Habs series went 7 games, Bruins/Flyers series went 7 games...

Found this on a website, quite interesting:

In terms of Game 7s per playoff, a postseason has celebrated seven 7s once ('94), with six ('92, '03, '09) and five ('87, '02, '04) 7s occuring three times each. Thankfully, only thrice since 1968 has a playoff gone without ('70, '73, '77).

I guess this year isn't that much, but still fun to watch!

holy carp baby! Philly down 3 games to none come back and tie at 3 games then game 7 fall behind 3-0 and come back to win it 4-3!! just amazing I'm no Philly fan but that was awesome and they deserve major props!

Congrats to philly and the habs a 7 vs an 8 in the Eastern Conference finals, HOLY CRAP!!! I love the playoffs.

Congrats to philly and the habs a 7 vs an 8 in the Eastern Conference finals, HOLY CRAP!!! I love the playoffs.
I was glad to see the Habs knock off the Pens and Caps but now I will root for Philly and Chicago. I could never cheer on Montreal after what they did to us in 93.

yeah they gotcha and the mullet

Come on Marty, like the stick would of helped him anyways.

It's going to be a long summer for the boys wearing the Black, White & Yellow. Got to give it up to the Flyer's for not giving up when they were down 3-0. So let's recap in the west the 1st & 2nd seed are still there and in the east the 7th & 8th seed are left. What in the world is going on out east?

So here are my picks for the second round.
West:
Sharks vs. Wings SJ in 6 (Howard is highly overrated)
Vancouver vs. Hawks Vancouver in 6 (goaltending in Chitown isn't where it needs to be.)

East: Like I have a clue after going 0-4 in first round

Philly vs. Bruins Bruins in 6 (no clue just sounds right)
Pens vs. Habs ( Pens in 5) but I will pull for the Habs but I just can't see then shutting down the Pens in the same manner they did the Caps.

So I got only one right, put far too much faith in Luongo, he surely didn't get it done. So let me try this again.
West: Sharks take Chicago in 6 still worried about the goaltending in Chitown but if they get it Hawks will win.
East: Habs take Philly out in 6

I'll say the Hawks take out SJ in 7. Lots of exciting, high scoring action in those games.
And the Flyers beat the Habs in 6. I think Montreal's system is very well-suited for shutting down offensive powerhouses. Philly is tougher and stronger defensively than PIT or WAS, I see the Habs having major trouble scoring goals in this series. Of course they don't need to if Halak goes crazy again.

I'd have to say the East is by far the deepest Conference, there are some many good teams and to top it off some of the most talent individual players. But that may be their downfall too, the west seems to have less stars but more team game. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good players in the West. But it just seems to be more of a team game.

I was glad to see the Habs knock off the Pens and Caps but now I will root for Philly and Chicago. I could never cheer on Montreal after what they did to us in 93.

I am gettin FIRED UP for game 1! T-minus 3 hours to the puck drops. Lets go Flyers.

And, for the record, the game on Friday was almost too much to handle!

Back