Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about joining the Odyssey putter club. Really like the one Phil uses and was fitted similar to one like that. Hhhhmmmm

Which one he uses? 8802 style or #9? If 8802 beware they are one of THE most penal putter designs out there, a true blade putter.

Which one he uses? 8802 style or #9? If 8802 beware they are one of THE most penal putter designs out there, a true blade putter.
I've been pondering at the #9. Tried one out at the golf store and liked it. I got have something to ponder since I got me irons, fairways and wedges you know. Plus I got a Dick's sporting goods gift card I need to use.

I seem to be Iron pondering for some reason. There is nothing wrong with my Apex could do with something a little more forgiving. I do not like big and chunky nor thick soles. I had a impulse buy on a set of TM RSI 1's and hit them as badly as I did G25's. There is just something about the Apex that I like. I thought I had ordered a set of Z545's from Japan but there was a problem and the order didn't go through which now has me thinking of JPX 850 Forged............

I wonder if I can start a ponder for someone else?... dhartmann took some swings with my new irons, yesterday, and was hitting them really well. Get out the checkbook Derek! Your Club Champion visit could be an expensive one. :alien:

I wonder if I can start a ponder for someone else?... dhartmann took some swings with my new irons, yesterday, and was hitting them really well. Get out the checkbook Derek! Your Club Champion visit could be an expensive one. :alien:
I bet there will be some serious talks about golf equipment at my son's house after we get done at club champion on Saturday. And both Rambler and I will be egging it on

I'm a fan.

But I'm considered by many a homer apparently despite playing clubs all over the spectrum.

A homer of excellence in equipment maybe, but a single brand? I don't see it dude.

A homer of excellence in equipment maybe, but a single brand? I don't see it dude.

Wait, I thought I was in people's pocket? It's what I've heard LOL

This was me last year. Had a chance to pick up the CB's with upgraded shafts for less them 1/2 the Apex which had been on my list as well.

Having heard all the rave reviews about the Apex, it might have been worth the price. But I haven't played enough since May to really give the CB's a full run, but I really like them so far.

I'm hoping to have the CB's in the bag for Saturday....

But I will also have a word with my guy and see if he can sourse a set of Apex's for me.

I seem to be Iron pondering for some reason. There is nothing wrong with my Apex could do with something a little more forgiving. I do not like big and chunky nor thick soles. I had a impulse buy on a set of TM RSI 1's and hit them as badly as I did G25's. There is just something about the Apex that I like. I thought I had ordered a set of Z545's from Japan but there was a problem and the order didn't go through which now has me thinking of JPX 850 Forged............

I would say the 545s will probably be a bit more forgiving than the 850s. In my opinion, those irons have the best combo of small profile and forgiveness I've seen.

Debating to get Tour V or Project X pXI shafts for the new irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

With a lil Xmas cash.. Hmmmm .. Might need some help here guys. Played last weekend w/ the Cleveland Black , it's a very solid club that I hit quite well for most of the day. But the only driver that has been on my mind is the 815 DBD. Also gonna have to wait til after Bridgestone University there's no telling what I'll fall in love w/ by then

Two main ponders: first, and most likely, ditching the 3w for a 16* hybrid-X2 Hot Pro with Tour AD-DI shaft like I have in my 23*. I can't hit my fwy worth a darn, and I love my 23* hybrid. This will probably happen.

2nd: lighter shaft in my irons. I'm pondering something 110g, maybe. I also really miss the PXi I had in my X2 Hot Pro irons. No idea of which shaft I would change to. I'll ask the pro I'm working with to see what he thinks as he's also a fitter with a bay and Trackman, etc.

UST shaft event could really help ponder #2!!!

I want a SeeMore deep flange.

Can't believe you don't own one yet dude. Such a nice putter and SO nice at address.

pwp_sheet

Daily ponder. With DG Pro shafts.

Still pondering the Nike vapor speed irons. Something about them just calls to me. I love the looks and also love the feel of them. But do I go steel shaft or graphite again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After going to look at the W/S FG tour V4 irons today they are a big ponder. Just need to hit them now.

Pondering how my new Heavenwood is going to fit in the bag. I've pulled my 4I for now, but should be interesting to see what kind of distance I can squeeze out of it on the course.

Still pondering a G30 3W. Going to hit it one more time vs. my 3W and a couple others. If it's still the clear winner, I'll be using the money from my old iron set to pick one up methinks.

34" GoLo S5, with 20 gram sole weights.

What happened last time you cheated on your m1?

Do I get this m1 PR as well?

:alien:

No way. I need a fall back when this one falls through like all the others.

No way. I need a fall back when this one falls through like all the others.

And then you'll be back in the pondering thread. It's a cycle.

Think its time to add to the SeeMore collection, it been a few months.

mFGP2 PR Tri-Sole needs to join its 4 siblings, and I also really want the mFGP CS HT.

Think its time to add to the SeeMore collection, it been a few months.

mFGP2 PR Tri-Sole needs to join its 4 siblings, and I also really want the mFGP CS HT.

The mFGP2 Tri-Sole, if it's the smoke diamond one, is a gorgeous putter (well, all of the mFGP2s are, it's my favorite putter shape). Picked one up about a month back, and can't wait to get it on the greens next season.

The mFGP2 Tri-Sole, if it's the smoke diamond one, is a gorgeous putter (well, all of the mFGP2s are, it's my favorite putter shape). Picked one up about a month back, and can't wait to get it on the greens next season.

It is indeed. Been dragging my feet about 8 months now! LOL

My favorite too...
de69237ca2d07dc1cfaae44893d65456.jpg

97d3744a70b66d632327b2cfc4e17eed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back