Who's stuff is supposed to go where, who's stocking is who's, the Elf has to go away and the Reindeer leaves with Santa. Don't forget the reindeer eat their carrots and Santa has to eat all of his cookies and drink his milk....
...it's too much pressure I can't take it!

Can we at least put names on the stockings, I'm 50 #%$*@ 4 years old!!!

I'm two stiff cocktails into dinner and just learned the wife didn't buy wrapping paper.. So instead of drunk wrapping a present I'll be drunk building one instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a happy thread this time of year! Merry Christmas thparents!

So last night my 18-month old stuck a tiny piece of bacon up her nose...it was fun trying to get that out.

In her defense it smells putty dang good!

If there is a thread that exists please
Merge. With all the new parents (myself included) I thought maybe this would be a good thread to get some advice from the more experienced parents.

First question I have is, my daughter hasnt been coughing or sick or anything until we put her down to sleep in her room. She coughs every once in a while. We spoke with the sitter and she said she doesnt cough at daycare. She said to maybe use a humidifier. We tried that last night and it sounds like it just made her cough a little wetter. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Just saw this - sorry for the delay. I just thought I'd let you know that my second kid slept about 95% in his bouncy seat or his car carrier - he just couldn't sleep lying flat. After a while I said "Screw it" and let him sleep propped up. He outgrew this after a few months. And every kid is so different: the other two had no problem sleeping stretched out flat.

Just finished watching my little ones open presents from Santa. Just getting to be their dad is the best gift.

My daughter was really into opening presents this morning. As she opened one she wanted Dad to put them together. So fun!!!

My daughter was really into opening presents this morning. As she opened one she wanted Dad to put them together. So fun!!!
Baby has some stuff that needs assembled figured I was in the clear cause she can't talk.

Middle child of course wants it all assembled...smallest screws on earth

Parenting Thread

This has been the first year all four have gotten into the presents. Seeing Zach be interested in joining in has been so great.

Camden got a Learn Chess set and she and I played. She beat me first time out fair and square. Awesome.

Camden also got a 5' tall plush elephant, and when Zach wanted to snuggle in it Camden showed us all the Christmas spirit by giving it to him to use for as long as he wants. So proud of her.

We got the house ready in time to host after moving in 2 weeks ago. Can't wait to put the kids in the pool this afternoon to burn off the candy we let them eat!!

Oh I also got my first ever tie for a gift. I'm still wearing it.

UibO7sJ.jpg

The kids loved their presents...then proceeded to play with the biggest boxes instead of anything we actually bought them. Some things really are timeless :)

Last edited:
It was intense this morning in the OUZO Power household that's for sure. 5:30hrs after and there is still carnage all over the place.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
The kids got up at 2:03am, ran into our room, announced that Santa had come and asked if we could open presents.

Parenting Thread

The kids got up at 2:03am, ran into our room, announced that Santa had come and asked if we could open presents.

Our rule is no one is out of bed before 6am. It was tough to enforce when they were really little, but not so bad now.

Our rule is no one is out of bed before 6am. It was tough to enforce when they were really little, but not so bad now.

I kind of half barricaded them into their hallway, and told them that we would come get them. At 3:45 AM, the big one is SCREAMING (waking the little one of course), and when I go in to see what the issue is, he stops (wasn't crying) and tells me that my plan didn't work. Just for that, he got to stay in there until 7 instead of 6.

Parenting Thread

Okay so this is my favorite. Zach made this for us in school. All of the school made gifts were great, this one a little more as a year ago Zach would never have allowed paint on his feet. Come to think of it, the month at the Sensory Learning Center may be the best gift we ever get ever. It has changed him in ways we never could have hoped for.

CQKbq4e.jpg

Parenting Thread

I spent my morning putting this together. Seeing them have fun makes it all worth it

cb0ad14ec8e587ff07846af6a3be5a8b.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished opening boxes and building toys. Exhausted! We're now loading the Disney Infinity start up set on the PS3. They better let me play lol.

I have no idea where all these toys are gonna go.

I'm sorry but you'll have to excuse me posting this here as well:

6b0f1ae8d74a24e24c21376b51194f3d.jpg

That needs to go in a frame on the desk at work

Nothing to apologize for here, my good man!! Classic, classic pic. Adorable.

I think I'm raising him right. I asked if he wanted to watch cartoons but he said no and continued to watch the rerun of the Ryder Cup.
818f8f3dd1f215d55f2520f68b69eb18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Christmas brooding for me. My son just got back from college on the 18th. Being that my FIL is recovering from double by-pass surgery in Florida, my wife and kids wanted to head down and of course I'm all for it.

So with three large dogs, nobody to watch them, and FIL's recovery nixing any ideas of taking them (we've done it before), I'm home alone through New Year's til the 7th.

I'll miss them all but only a week with my boy wasn't nearly enough. The distance between us and the precious little time together has rendered me a sentimental sap.

I'm sorry WMac, that's tough. Hang in there.

The big present for my boy. He's been asking for one since July. We told him Santa wouldn't bring one unless he started staying in his bed and stop using a pacifier. Santa got what he wanted and the boy got what he wanted.https://vimeo.com/115525747

Back