The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does a ton for charity. I could care less where he stands politically as long as he does his job on the sidelines. It's not like I'd vote him into office.

You said you could not understand why some dislike Carroll. I gave a reason. While that may not be good enough for you to dislike him, it certainly is for a whole lot of other people. If he was not the coach of the Seahawks, Im sure you would have a different opinion on the matter. Hence the reason that I posted about the logo mattering more than the character in this instance. Doesnt mean you are wrong, just that there were facts you were unaware of that were the reasons for dislike.

Lots of people do a lot for charity, that does not mean they are great people. It just means they have a charity. I worked for one such person in the NFL. His "foundation" was well connected.

OJ Simpson did a lot for charity (and no I am not comparing them).
So does Kobe Bryant and Big Ben. Doesnt mean they are stand up guys.

You asked why people disliked him. If that is not a good enough reason, I am not sure what is. Doesnt mean you dont have to, but hell, if he coached the 49ers I bet his truther ways might have an impact.

Yeah sure you wouldn't if he had brought one ring and a good change at a second...:laughing:

My standards and morals come before the logo on the helmet. Read all my comments in here about coaches and players. I hate all the dbags and that includes current Niners...

Just saying

My standards and morals come before the logo on the helmet. Read all my comments in here about coaches and players. I hate all the dbags and that includes current Niners...

Just saying
So you don't draw a line between a game and real life?? Smh

And your term Pete the Cheat is probably correct when he was a college football coach. I have to let you in a not very well kept secret that 95% of college football players/coaches/programs cheat to that extent. I would only value that opinion if you refuse to watch all college football because the whole system is based around cheating without getting caught.

Well we can take that to the NCAA drama thread. Yes, the NCAA is corrupt and broken. No, it doesn't make it right to cheat.

Just because everyone else does it doesn't it make it right. You sure seem to know a lot about me and my personality even though we've never met.

After just 2 years and call for his head?? I think he's actually a great coach. You need to give him at least 4 years IMO. Didn't they make the playoffs last year?
Nope they lost a win to get in game against the Packers at home in week 17 last year.

Oh please don't let this turn into the CFB thread. This has been a safe place.

Is this an honest question?

I don't feel like taking time to feed the trolls...
It's too bad you can't differentiate between entertainment and life.

Is this an honest question?

I don't feel like taking time to feed the trolls...
Resorts to name calling. Who's the real troll here. Unbelievable

I am actually glad Orton is retiring will force the Bills to do something instead of being ok with how it is. I am ok with EJ starting again next year as long as he wins the job and is not just handed. They need to bring someone in to compete with him and I dont care what avenue they have to use to get it to happen. We wont be getting a franchise guy most likely but someone that can make some throws is needed

Oh please don't let this turn into the CFB thread. This has been a safe place.

too late, I said yesterday this one was heading down that path...someone save US

Lets make fun of the Browns....now Johnny is sayign he never had a party

Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was fined for showing up late to treatment on his injured hamstring on Saturday, but he says the reports that his tardiness was caused by late-night partying on Friday are false.
Manziel admitted, however, that he needs to do a better job of being the kind of leader the Browns want in their franchise quarterback.
According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, Manziel said today that reports of him throwing a party are “100 percent false.” Manziel said he went out with a few friends from back home in Texas, but he didn’t throw a party.

Agree.

I'm a life long Niners fan and will root for them whether they win or lose. However, if they hire someone as despicable as Pete the Cheat, I will not root for them any longer.

The logo on the helmet loses meaning if the guy running the team is a total nut job

Just want to make sure I got this straight...

"pete the cheat" is despicable, but Aldon Smith, Ray McDonald, and the team who leads the nfl in arrests for several years that actually do things that hurt people, are just fine? I don't think it's reasonable to hold a fan of a team accountable for things that team does, not realistic. Nobody is going to like or respect everyone on the team they happen to cheer for, there's good and bad people in every business, some just happen to be in sports

I am actually glad Orton is retiring will force the Bills to do something instead of being ok with how it is. I am ok with EJ starting again next year as long as he wins the job and is not just handed. They need to bring someone in to compete with him and I dont care what avenue they have to use to get it to happen. We wont be getting a franchise guy most likely but someone that can make some throws is needed

Not upset about it at all. It will force them to look even harder in the offseason although initial reports are there won't be much out there in FAs. Not sure what realistic trades could be had either. Unless some lightbulb goes off in his head they need an upgrade on EJ too. What they did last year anointing EJ the starter and coddling him to the point that they wouldn't even bring in anyone that could question it was unbelievable. After camp and the preseason the hope and confidence they had shown in him was gone and the group of misfit backups wasn't going to cut it. Pretty much why Orton was brought in last second.

I feel the same. Orton wasn't going to be the answer. Heck he really did not give them much production at the spot anyway for the last month or so. I think they originally had a good plan setup for Manuel, but that all ended when Kolb got that concussion and retired. Then they really never had that guy to push him. He could still be the answer, or he may not be. But unless they pull a deal to get a big improvement at that position, I wouldn't give up on him yet for them.

Ok to change the topic to something more positive....How bout 'dem Panthers?!? First team in the NFC South to win back to back, winning the last 4 games of the season to do it. I'm biased...but I think they might be able to pull off an upset or two in the playoffs! (upset meaning beating an 11 win team in the first round...despite Vegas' odds).

Ok to change the topic to something more positive....How bout 'dem Panthers?!? First team in the NFC South to win back to back, winning the last 4 games of the season to do it. I'm biased...but I think they might be able to pull off an upset or two in the playoffs! (upset meaning beating an 11 win team in the first round...despite Vegas' odds).

I think that could be like a 12-9 type game. AZ defense is slept on. I think I saw both "experts" on ESPN yesterday pick CAR to beat AZ

I think that could be like a 12-9 type game. AZ defense is slept on. I think I saw both "experts" on ESPN yesterday pick CAR to beat AZ

It would be tough not to pick Carolina with Lindley at QB for Arizona.

pretty crazy right? And to think they basically took 7 weeks off during the season. I think they can beat the Cards. Actually I wouldn't be stunned.

You're welcome to have Fitzpatrick back.

It would be tough not to pick Carolina with Lindley at QB for Arizona.
Well, right now Lindley is 50/50 when it comes to winning (at least this season). And hey! He's actually now thrown a TD pass! Arizona, at home, with their D will still be a tall order for Carolina but the Panthers are red hot right now so if there is going to be a first round upset, this most likely is going to be it.

Lets make fun of the Browns....now Johnny is sayign he never had a party

Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was fined for showing up late to treatment on his injured hamstring on Saturday, but he says the reports that his tardiness was caused by late-night partying on Friday are false.
Manziel admitted, however, that he needs to do a better job of being the kind of leader the Browns want in their franchise quarterback.
According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, Manziel said today that reports of him throwing a party are “100 percent false.” Manziel said he went out with a few friends from back home in Texas, but he didn’t throw a party.
What about reports of other browns players there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back