Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering a second iron set to fool with / have as extras when people visit. I have a set of Adams CMB's with KBS Stiff, but the shafts are extremely stout and fairly heavy for most folks, so I'd like to trade them for something with a little softer and higher launching shaft but still kinda players-y in shape. Thinking maybe W/S FG Tours, Cally X-Forged, Mizzy MP, Cobra ACP...along those lines. Probably roughly 110g shafts in a firm to stiff flex.

Very specific I know haha, but I'd really like to know how I'd do with a players iron set that actually has shafts that fit me like my KBS Tour 90's do.

And the Wilson Staff V4s look awesome. Smallish head like a players iron but im guessing some good forgiveness.

These are very forgiving in my opinion. And I tried them when my swing was much poorer than it is now. I can't wait to try them again and see what they do

A wide body 201 with a flow neck is just what I'm after. Hmmmm...
Have looked at the 201WB, but in a center shaft, several times over the last few months. Great looking putter head.

I love this thread.

Wilson D200 still at the top of the ponder list, but Fly Z + as well.

After reading the R15 & FLY Z Driver threads both of these are on my ponder list as I need to replace my R11 that is pretty beat up, I hope one these can do what the Covert 2.0 was unable to accomplish last year by kicking the R11 out.

Driver. G30 SF TEC or BB 815. I thought I was sold on the G30 but now I'm not sure. When i was swinging well it was a monster. When swinging bad it was right, right, right. And I like the idea of keeping the total adjustability I have now. When I've demo'd the 815 I think it's been with the Speeder shaft and my spin has been at 3500. Need to get that down...not sure which shafts to look at. I guess the good news is there's no rush - it's the off season and my driver swing needs some attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver. G30 SF TEC or BB 815. I thought I was sold on the G30 but now I'm not sure. When i was swinging well it was a monster. When swinging bad it was right, right, right. And I like the idea of keeping the total adjustability I have now. When I've demo'd the 815 I think it's been with the Speeder shaft and my spin has been at 3500. Need to get that down...not sure which shafts to look at. I guess the good news is there's no rush - it's the off season and my driver swing needs some attention.

Where was the core?

I've demo'd it twice. The core was down both times and spin numbers were almost identical. I put the core up once and it ballooned like crazy.

I hit the g30 (non sf) and it was beat by the 815 with speeder. The g30 was good bu the dispersion was bigger with it compared to the 815. I have not been able to hit a callaway driver until the 815. The g30 was around what my g25 has been doing. Maybe try a rogue shaft or the s+

Fairway wood. More specifically, a 4 wood. I currently have a TEE 5 wood and while I love it off the tee, I'd like to find something that's easier to hit off the deck. Any suggestions on what I should try?

Pondering a stiff shaft for my Big Bertha. I have it in R flex right now based on the recommendations of a Dicks employee, my last driver was a stiff and he said with my swing speed I should be in an R flex, no big deal. But I have a very quick transition, and after hitting a BB with the stock stiff at Golfsmith today I'm wondering if moving up a flex will help with dispersion & flight.

Pondering a stiff shaft for my Big Bertha. I have it in R flex right now based on the recommendations of a Dicks employee, my last driver was a stiff and he said with my swing speed I should be in an R flex, no big deal. But I have a very quick transition, and after hitting a BB with the stock stiff at Golfsmith today I'm wondering if moving up a flex will help with dispersion & flight.

I put a Kuro Kage Black 60 in mine in stiff, and it helped knock the spin down some, coming from the stock R. I'm 95-100mph with the driver on average. 100 if my swing is grooved, 95 on the course most likely, if that helps at all

New grips. The OCD in me wants them to match and I'm liking the Golf Pride NDMC Platinum that came with my 815.

The Srixon 545 and 745 irons are certainly lookers makes me think a bit I really shouldn't be thinking of more irons but it is so fun

Always still on the look out for a lower spinning shaft for my BB. The stock one just seams to balloon a bit into the wind.

The Srixon 545 and 745 irons are certainly lookers makes me think a bit I really shouldn't be thinking of more irons but it is so fun

Apex Pros are sweet, but it could be fun to give the Srixon's a whirl! go for it.

Apex Pros are sweet, but it could be fun to give the Srixon's a whirl! go for it.
I am liking the apex pros so far. Also having some good results. Unfortunately I think I enjoy playing/buying new clubs more than I enjoy grooving one set (which would no doubt be better for my game) I call it a curse because it really does nothing to help my game but it sure is a fun hobby

I was pondering a fitting and subsequent reshafting of the Apex, but dang it appears to be pretty darn expensive for all of that. Really wish I was more handy at times like this.

I was pondering a fitting and subsequent reshafting of the Apex, but dang it appears to be pretty darn expensive for all of that. Really wish I was more handy at times like this.

I'd happily do the work for you dude

I truly appreciate that offer James, above and beyond. I'll be in contact with you over some options soon.

James, i may get some tools and start tinkering with things, can you write a manual for dummies and send it to me :)

I truly appreciate that offer James, above and beyond. I'll be in contact with you over some options soon.

No problemo buddy, I'm always here to help.

James, i may get some tools and start tinkering with things, can you write a manual for dummies and send it to me :)

Haha, I can def help get you going dude.

No problemo buddy, I'm always here to help.

Haha, I can def help get you going dude.
Thats awesome. You know a round of golf in branson will be on me for the help. I am moving feb 1 and plan on setting up a little shop in the basement

Pondering Freddie's BB 3W or waiting for the 815 to come out. Also need to see how much gets spend while here in Orlando

There are some awesome build threads that help --- Plus, I'd enjoy following along with anything you get going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back