Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pondering a fitting and subsequent reshafting of the Apex, but dang it appears to be pretty darn expensive for all of that. Really wish I was more handy at times like this.

Re-shafting is easy I did mine and they are still holding up ;)

I can come play a sim round and we can knock them out.

I am eyeing new irons. Right now I'm thinking either x2hot pro or Apex, leaning towards x2 hot pro's. Gotta decide how long I"m willing to wait while I save up haha.

Fairway wood. More specifically, a 4 wood. I currently have a TEE 5 wood and while I love it off the tee, I'd like to find something that's easier to hit off the deck. Any suggestions on what I should try?

There are a lot of good ones out there. But the Optiforce is stupid easy to hit off the turf.

They can probably be had for a steal on Callaway Pre Owned.

I put a Kuro Kage Black 60 in mine in stiff, and it helped knock the spin down some, coming from the stock R. I'm 95-100mph with the driver on average. 100 if my swing is grooved, 95 on the course most likely, if that helps at all

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about grabbing a ProLaunch Blue from Rockbottom since they're only $11 on clearance, it'll be a nice beginner way for me to learn reshafting. I'll have to grab a grip and an adaptor, but I've been wanting to grab supplies to regrip my putter with a SuperStroke.

The Srixon 545 and 745 irons are certainly lookers makes me think a bit I really shouldn't be thinking of more irons but it is so fun
Haha tell me about it!

I'm pondering the Big Bertha Irons. So many positive reviews. I'm still liking my current gamers but I'm going to have to get out and hit a demo somewhere soon..

I'm pondering the Big Bertha Irons. So many positive reviews. I'm still liking my current gamers but I'm going to have to get out and hit a demo somewhere soon..

Most definitely worth trying. Extremely solid all around iron.

I go a lot farther than that these days with swingweighting and measuring out lengths more closely, but it's still the same basic process.

I really pondering new fitted irons, I've never been fitted for irons. After the Bridgestone event I am definitely going into full ponder mode. Also, I have way to much spin on my driver. I really need to look into lowering my spin numbers.

I am eyeing new irons. Right now I'm thinking either x2hot pro or Apex, leaning towards x2 hot pro's. Gotta decide how long I"m willing to wait while I save up haha.

I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the X2Hot Pros more than the Apex. Such a great profile, but probably a smidge more demanding than the Apex. In the forged GI category, I like the Srixon 545s more than the Apex.

Nice dude. Are you planning on getting a fitting or surfing CPO/eBay/Marketplace? I bet between your Burners and your Razr/S3 sets you'd be able to sell for a decent amount of cash and it wouldn't cost you too much extra to get a set off there. Fitting would obviously involve a little more saving, but you'd be sure of what you're getting.

As for which irons...consider the RBladez Tour in that category if you're looking for a bargain. Very similar to X2HP in my opinion, and they come stock with KBS Tours if that's your preferred shaft.

I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the X2Hot Pros more than the Apex. Such a great profile, but probably a smidge more demanding than the Apex. In the forged GI category, I like the Srixon 545s more than the Apex.

Totally agree, Z545's are incredible. If I was buying new irons, I would go get fit for a set of these without a second thought.

A Wilson Staff Infinity putter. They should be released any day now!

Those wilson putters are sweeeet. Will be tough to beat that putter for that price

SeeeeeeMore

Same ponder, that is until someone contacts me to pay for what I just ordered.

Love it. See you in the what did you buy thread later! Haha

Players cavity irons for my backup/goof off bag with regular flex tour shafts or stiff flex lighter shafts. Have a set with KBS Tour stiff, but it's just too much shaft for me and the folks who borrow the bag when they visit, so looking to trade them out. Probably something older and cheaper, since this is the backup bag.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I've been rolling both of these for a while at Golfsmith and like them both. I don't need another putter, but......

5e66ca0e503482654032ea2d17df830b.jpg

ecf5833627980796d6a6fb9b8ff285ad.jpg

Last edited:
Nice dude. Are you planning on getting a fitting or surfing CPO/eBay/Marketplace? I bet between your Burners and your Razr/S3 sets you'd be able to sell for a decent amount of cash and it wouldn't cost you too much extra to get a set off there. Fitting would obviously involve a little more saving, but you'd be sure of what you're getting.

As for which irons...consider the RBladez Tour in that category if you're looking for a bargain. Very similar to X2HP in my opinion, and they come stock with KBS Tours if that's your preferred shaft.
I've had a fitting so have the specs I need, so I'll go through CPO or something most likely and see if I can find anything that matches, or get adjusted to spec I figure. I can only hope on selling, I don't expect I'd get much at all being a lefty and all.

I didn't like the rocketbladez tour all that much. Can't say what it was, but it was odd as I'm such a TM/Adidas homer I wanted to like them. I did like the TP CBs and TP MCs though. Damn you making me think of more options.

I've had a fitting so have the specs I need, so I'll go through CPO or something most likely and see if I can find anything that matches, or get adjusted to spec I figure. I can only hope on selling, I don't expect I'd get much at all being a lefty and all.

I didn't like the rocketbladez tour all that much. Can't say what it was, but it was odd as I'm such a TM/Adidas homer I wanted to like them. I did like the TP CBs and TP MCs though. Damn you making me think of more options.

That's a fair point. I'd imagine you'll find something on CPO, but you're right, selling lefty stuff is tough.

TP CB/MC are a sweet choice as well. Haha didn't mean to throw a monkey wrench into the mix! But it might give you a few more options if you're price hunting.

The new "X" line coming is pretty spectacular also. I have two sets of Apex now, which I like just fine, but it will be hard for me not to at least look at the new line after a few swings earlier this month.

Same ponder, that is until someone contacts me to pay for what I just ordered.
I paid for mine yesterday, now I just need it to get here so I can ponder whether to throw this Garsen on it or not…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back