Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear god I'd never pay $500 for them. Even if you have to wait a few months, that's a $300 set of irons max. Not based on performance of course.

There is killer deals on Ebay for under $300 that don't include the Hybrid. I'll buy used for sure.

That's definitely a decent price.

SeeMore fan in me wants an mFGP2 PR. Tinkerer in me wants a GoLo S5.

And the smart dude in there says "Wow this M1 is super boss"

I thought you were trying to encourage my tinkering. Or does that not apply to the putter spot?

I was not encouraging I was celebrating..... And it does not.

tumblr_mrq8pivysf1rm8en1o1_500.gif

You in a hurry to hit balls in the snow lol

both are solid sets no matter which route you go

No snow yet! Hence my golf hibernation hasn't started yet.

Still pondering the G30 3W. Though after my first round with the heavenwood, not sure how gapping will shake out. And honestly, I think I might have to give the V-Series in general a serious look before I make any decisions... Also pondering a PX 6.0 for some driver tinkering and an mFGP2 because I'm not smart enough to realize that I shouldn't wander into the Seemore thread and not expect to want them all. :D

Thinking of exchanging the Alpha for a couple of mpT5 wedges.

Thinking about going 5 wood instead of 3 hybrid. Hmm...

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

IF...if I were to get new clubs, and I am...the short list is...

Apex Pro

Srixon 745s (lefty availability?)

Wilson FG Tour 100's

The FG's are sure pretty, but I might loose a stroke or two due to lack of forgiveness...but man are they pretty.

Wilson V4's are coming too and they have some new tech in the sole design and weighting that would be worth checking out. Certainly a little more forgiving than the 100's.

I'm pondering somewhere to try out a Project X LZ Handcrafted in X.

The idea of having the loading zone, and then being able to change it to accommodate for different swings sounds awesome.

And the Wilson Staff V4s look awesome. Smallish head like a players iron but im guessing some good forgiveness.

I hope the driver tech of 2015 is awesome, because I dislike a lot of the new headcovers... Good thing I've got a solution for that.

The R15 is my favorite of that group, but yeah none of those would be in the bag.
Panda cover all day!

Some of these new head covers are awful, but I guess the OEMs need to do whatever they can to try and stick out from the crowd.

I need a few hybrid covers...maybe just start using the black lab and another I have now.

Still pissed I missed the last panda cover.

Kari's work has only gotten better, and he's a blast to work with.

So many options I am having trouble deciding what I want. I know I want a DD201 with a flow neck but not sure if I want a pipe neck (short or long) or traditional flow. Cant decide on carbon or stainless and dont get me started on the finish options haha. This is going to take a while. Didnt you just order one? What was turn around time?

So many options I am having trouble deciding what I want. I know I want a DD201 with a flow neck but not sure if I want a pipe neck (short or long) or traditional flow. Cant decide on carbon or stainless and dont get me started on the finish options haha. This is going to take a while. Didnt you just order one? What was turn around time?

I'm going with another SeeMore in the end. But, his turnaround is usually very good.

Don't forget you can go wide body on the 201, it's amazing.

Drivers have been narrowed down to 815, G30 and waiting for vapor to be out as will as the z fly.

FW are down to vapor, g30 and if the 815 is better than the bb that might be the winner

12* 815 Alpha

SeeMore mFGP2 PR Tri Sole

SeeMore mFGP HT

Mizuno T5 61*

Why? Why not? Pondering is fun.

I think I may need some Srixon Z 545 irons. Did some on course work with some today and was seriously impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back