Home of the Unofficial Armpit Cup - North vs South Jersey

Yeah I'm in too. TBH, North Jersey has to step up and get more people. There are a few we haven't heard from yet.

WOW, sorry to hear that - it has been about 12 years - used to enjoy it quite a bit back then

It was a really solid track.back in the day. The layout is still good at the course, the up keep is atrocious. My work holds their tournament there every year and it has gradually decreased for the past 10 years where it now has a bad reputation. Its very unfortunate. The old owners used to take much better care of it

It was a really solid track.back in the day. The layout is still good at the course, the up keep is atrocious. My work holds their tournament there every year and it has gradually decreased for the past 10 years where it now has a bad reputation. Its very unfortunate. The old owners used to take much better care of it

Thanks for letting me know - I'll be back in those parts in June and will steer clear. That used to be such a well kept course. I used to have a place in Avalon from 97 through 04 and would play it at least 2x a month from May through October.

Thanks for letting me know - I'll be back in those parts in June and will steer clear. That used to be such a well kept course. I used to have a place in Avalon from 97 through 04 and would play it at least 2x a month from May through October.
It really was a great place. There are rocks in all the sand traps now. And the greens are worse than putt putt courses now. Mculloughs Emerald Isle is a newer track thats nice, and Blue Heron got alot better since Ron Jaworski took it over. Twisted Dunes is quickly becoming one of the best courses in the state all good alternative options for u

It really was a great place. There are rocks in all the sand traps now. And the greens are worse than putt putt courses now. Mculloughs Emerald Isle is a newer track thats nice, and Blue Heron got alot better since Ron Jaworski took it over. Twisted Dunes is quickly becoming one of the best courses in the state all good alternative options for u

Thanks - I've played Twisted Dunes - very fun track. Gosh, what doesn't Jaworski own at this point!

Thanks - I've played Twisted Dunes - very fun track. Gosh, what doesn't Jaworski own at this point!
I know right. But every course he touches improves!

I'm in for NORTH JERSEY!!!! You south people want something a ways away. I submit Crystal Springs in NORTH JERSEY!!!!!

I'm in for NORTH JERSEY!!!! You south people want something a ways away. I submit Crystal Springs in NORTH JERSEY!!!!!
Or Twisted Dunes down here for North Guys a ways away.

Twisted Dunes is a beautiful course, but very penalizing of off target shots. If you aren't straight off the tee you'll have a very long day. But it is a beautiful course, always in excellent shape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That course is a beast. I would totally do Wild Turkey or Balleyowen.

That course is a beast. I would totally do Wild Turkey or Balleyowen.
Problem is price. Those courses both go for over $110 on a weekend.

Problem is price. Those courses both go for over $110 on a weekend.
I'll try to get a hold of Jaworski and see if I can get us a deal on one of his courses. Don't have to play it but I'll see what I can get us.

May I suggest a home and away setup? One round up north and another down south?

Deerwood isn't too far off mid-ground, near 295, TP and 541.

Completely neutral territory like The Buck in central bucks county PA?

Deerwood isn't too far off mid-ground, near 295, TP and 541.

Completely neutral territory like The Buck in central bucks county PA?
I like this track also. Our pro is very friendly with the pro there. I may be able to help on that front also. I ask around at a few clubs.

If I'm working there this summer, I might be able to get a deal for us at one of the Crystal Springs courses. They have an excellent 9 hole course called Cascades that you go around twice. It's over 3000 yes for the 9. So, it would be over 6000 yards for 18. It's by the same guy who did Wild Turkey. And it's a lot cheaper than Wild Turkey.

In for north Jersey. Love love love Twisted Dune and Wild Turkey, but I think Mercer Oaks or something more central is better for everybody.

If I'm working there this summer, I might be able to get a deal for us at one of the Crystal Springs courses. They have an excellent 9 hole course called Cascades that you go around twice. It's over 3000 yes for the 9. So, it would be over 6000 yards for 18. It's by the same guy who did Wild Turkey. And it's a lot cheaper than Wild Turkey.

Cascades is nice. It's family friendly and newbe friendly so rounds take a long, long, long time. I play there with my daughter and enjoy it but you must be very patient. I don't think that will work with most of the guys here.

Twisted in the spring can be had for less than 100 devrikus. I'm sure if we had 16ppl or more they would give us a group rate

Would love to play in this! Count me in as interested. I live just north of 195 and consider myself central jersey so I am up for either squad.

Would love to play in this! Count me in as interested. I live just north of 195 and consider myself central jersey so I am up for either squad.

With your handicap, the North claims you.

Back