VedaloHD Sunglasses

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
So a few weeks ago an old thread I started was resurrected. In it I asked what everyone would like me to review and the overwhelming response from was sunglasses. So the minute I got the request I went to work contacting companies to review eyewear and the the sunglasses are starting to arrive.

Below are pictures from a company called VedaloHD who make all sorts of great eyewear and some that are specific just to golfers. Two of the three pairs shown here are golf specific and the other one is everyday glasses but can also work on the course. These are actually the glasses worn by Steve Williams, Tiger Woods' caddy and LPGA player Stacy Lewis. All the glasses seen below are unisex.

These are called the Como:
869776253_5K5hY-L-1.jpg

869776273_RcRWv-L-1.jpg

869776321_VFa3a-L-1.jpg

These are called Napoli and worn by Steve Williams:
869776346_JrRE8-L-1.jpg

869776349_LB4DV-L-1.jpg

869776392_48XNX-L-1.jpg

These are called Lucca and these are the Lifestyle glasses:
869776444_UTEKP-L-1.jpg

869776439_QUWUQ-L-1.jpg

869776485_Cx8F6-L-1.jpg

Last edited:
very cool stuff GG. it's great that some companies are already sending in some sunnies for review. i can't wait to hear your thoughts on these, especially on the course. i'm intrigued by the como the most. honestly, it's the only one that i would wear based on looks alone.

Like those Napolis quite a bit!

Those Como sunglasses look great. Looking forward to your review GG.

• Admin
I forgot to mention that these glasses are also worn by LPGA player Stacy Lewis, who just placed 2nd at the Tres Marias in Mexico. All the glasses you see above are unisex, however, the last pair seem to be a little more popular with ladies but still have a lot of guys who wear them too. The first post has been updated with this information.

They look very nice :)

Those look good. I'd get that Lucca for my lady. Polarized?

Nice I like the Como style, but I think I would prefer the purple tint lense for golf...

They have different lens and frame options for each pair of glasses. They offer a nice selection of choices. Now it's just putting them to the test to see how they perform.

They have different lens and frame options for each pair of glasses. They offer a nice selection of choices. Now it's just putting them to the test to see how they perform.

that's what i'm looking forward to!

So I wore the Lucca glasses to the range today. I liked these quite a bit. One thing I was nervous about was the metal frames, I worried they would get really hot in the sun but they stayed cool the entire time. They do a good job of offering warp around coverage of the eyes which was nice but the nose clips (I don't know the technical term) were reflecting in the glasses and I found that a little distracting at first but within 5 minutes I didn't notice it anymore. I will say that they were very comfortable and pretty lightweight. No issues with my eyelashes touching the lenses and for the 40 minutes I was at the range they didn't hurt my ears. Lots more testing to go still.

i have a question about not only these but all the glasses tested so far. did either you or JB have any issues with any of them fogging up due to sweat? i tend to sweat a bit on my face and typically that doesn't work out so well with sun glasses. any issues with that?

i have a question about not only these but all the glasses tested so far. did either you or JB have any issues with any of them fogging up due to sweat? i tend to sweat a bit on my face and typically that doesn't work out so well with sun glasses. any issues with that?

JB, GG, any fogging issues?

JB, GG, any fogging issues?

Sorry, I just saw this thread now. No, so far I haven't seen any fogging issues and we have both worn them in the Florida himidity which often does fog up glasses. I actually word the Lucca's again today to the range and had absolutely no issues whatsoever. It's so weird, though, because when I am hitting balls I don't notice the nose piece in the reflection but as I am driving home or walking the dog I see it.

Sorry, I just saw this thread now. No, so far I haven't seen any fogging issues and we have both worn them in the Florida himidity which often does fog up glasses. I actually word the Lucca's again today to the range and had absolutely no issues whatsoever. It's so weird, though, because when I am hitting balls I don't notice the nose piece in the reflection but as I am driving home or walking the dog I see it.

you're in the zone!!!

thanks for answering my question concerning fogging. that's a huge deal to me when it comes to sunglasses.

I just wanted to let everyone know the awesome people over at VedaloHD would like to offer the THP members a discount! If you purchase anything from their site just enter THP2010 at checkout and you will receive 20% discount on your entire purchase!

awesome, thanks for the heads up GG!

Back