Brazilian Steakhouse Thread

I went to a couple different ones in Atlanta when my parents lived there, they were both amazing. They opened a Rodizio in Tallahassee that was awful, didn't even make it a year. The one time I went, I had to scrape the salt off the meat with a fork.

Never been to over one yet, but man do I want to go. There's a Texas De Brazil not too far from me. Need to make it there soon.

I ate at one in Albuquerque, once.
It was pretty awesome. I didn't eat again for 24 hours.

Was it Tucano's downtown? I ate there twice and liked it, but in the interest of full disclosure, I was intoxicated.

We have been to the Fogo de Chao in Atlanta 3 or 4 times and it is amazing. Just too much food (and money) to do expect for on special occasions.

There are a few here in Chicago and I have not been to them. I have been to one in Michigan and it was good food but the after effects were not worth the 60 minutes of food enjoyment. I vowed I would not go to another one again.

I went to 1 of 2 places up here called Gaucho's. The food was fantastic and non stop. I had the meat sweats the next day, think I should go again and soon.

I've only been to one (Texas De Brazil) and I had a good experience. I ate too much and while I didn't like everything most of the food was good. The bananas in between the meats were tremendous. I feel like the price is a little steep though. Its not someplace I'd frequent but would attend every so often.

OH and the salad bar! I could eat just that and be happy if I'm being honest.

Been to Fogo and Texas De Brazil. Both are great but prefer Texas. We go each time we get back to Ft. Worth.

Tap Talking my way thru the world of golf!

It is a common lunch option in Sao Paulo, I went twice this past week with Customers about $15.00 per person down there. One of the big items is chicken hearts, I tired them and do not need them in my diet.

I've never been to one but now I'm intrigued so I might have to do something about it

LOOOOOVE these places. Texas De Brazil, Brazzaz and Fogo De Chao in the Chicagoland area. De Brazil is my favorite. So much meat...and other stuff if you want to venture off to the salad bar. I only get there once or twice a year for special nights out, but I try and make the most of it. #Gauntlet meal?! :)

Absolutely love the meat and the accompanying meat sweats that come with a meal at one of these glorious establishments, but I have to say that there is a Brazilian steakhouse in Niagara Falls, Ontario called Brasa that has grilled pineapple and it is one of the best things I have ever eaten.

We go to Rioz every time we are in Myrtle Beach. Love that place. I've only had one bad experience there and that was I was placed in a corner table and the servers barely ever came over to us.

I eat at Texas De Brazil almost every time I'm in a town that has one. I tried Fogo De Chao once in Indianapolis and came away unimpressed. The meat didn't have as much flavor and the service was AWFUL.

Seems like it is hit and miss at the Fogo De Chao in Indianapolis. I have had a few people who I work with say they absolutely loved it there and thought the food was fantastic. A few others said the same thing you did.

Devour Downtown is starting next week here and I was thinking about checking out Fogo as part of it.

Been to Fogo De Chao in DC and Baltimore several times and its definitely worth the price and no way you can leave there not feeling "fat". There is another in Tysons Corner, VA called Chima which is just as good if not better. I haven't been to Texas De Brazil yet but they opened one at the mall near my parents house and i plan to go there one of these days.

I am a fan of picanha, filet mignon, lamb and the chicken. Then again all the meat is good. I avoid eating the sausages to save room for the meat but i will grab one or two.

We do Texas de Brazil once maybe every 6 months. It's a night of pure gluttony, but oh is it sinfully delicious.

Been to Fogo in Orlando a few years back (and the Simpsons picture) was very accurate. We had to wait about two hours after we had waled the PGA Show all day, so we had worked up quite an appetite. I think we kept the green side up the whole time :)

Been to Fogo, Texas de Brazil, and Chama Gaucha... all incredible. Was miserable every time by the end of the night. Chama Gaucha did have a large platter of bacon near their salad buffet, so that was nice!

Oh, heck yes!! Love Brazilian steakhouses. I don't go often, maybe once a year, but when I do, I feast like there's no tomorrow.

Man I'm getting a meat hangover just thinking about this. Rioz in Myrtle is exceptional amd Texas de Brazil in Orlando is always on my dining list when we're in town. Hmm, I think I need a fla trip.

I've never ate at one of these, but I'm not Vegan.....so I'm open to trying it.

Love these places! I used to frequent them when I lived in Pittsburgh, but I have none near me in Colorado.

They say that necessity is the mother of invention, so I set out to make my own and found it to be surprisingly easy. I made bacon wrapped rib eye and the keys were to suspend the skewers over an open fire by removing a section of grill grate and stacking the skewers so that the basting juices dripped down on everything below. Wasn't perfect but it wasn't very far off either.

I've never been and I want to go BADLY. I lived right across from the best one in San Antonio, but we walked past it every time to go to Palenque Grill (if you are ever in San Antonio, this is a must for Mexican food).

We have a Fogo de Chao in Houston. I've heard it's expensive but very good. http://www.fogodechao.com/?id=171

The Fogo in Philly is pretty good. Texas de Brazil is another one I enjoy. Portion control is non existent for me at those places, so we only go periodically so I live past 40.

There's a place in Winter Park called Nelore that's extremely good and they just opened a new one close to me called Blackfire Bull that I'd like to try.

Back