What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Boo Girl a cute little Adidas skort for her birthday tomorrow. Shhhh--don't tell her.

ddec....this has been a godsend for my trunk....it holds 3 pairs of shoes, some shirts, shorts, balls, tees, hats/visors, snacks, you name it. gave me an excuse to go buy some 'just in case a round breaks out' clothes to put in it.

Let me know how that works....I have to organize the trunk of my SUV a little better so my dog can get back there again.

I bought a round of golf and a Diet Coke.

After using a demo for 18 hoes today, I bought an 11° Callaway Diablo Edge driver. The one I demoed was a 10°, but I wan't getting the height I wanted, so I bought the 11°. With my employee discount at the course it was $220, and I was hitting it some 30+ yards farther than my Mizuno. :bomb:

Ok, maybe not a bomb, but a huge improvement. :act-up:

After using a demo for 18 hoes today, I bought an 11° Callaway Diablo Edge driver. The one I demoed was a 10°, but I wan't getting the height I wanted, so I bought the 11°. With my employee discount at the course it was $220, and I was hitting it some 30+ yards farther than my Mizuno. :bomb:

Ok, maybe not a bomb, but a huge improvement. :act-up:

I'm going to be buying one of those for my daughter. Nice employee price. We have a discount place around here and the guy will sell one for $279.99, a $20.00 discount from asking, but he's has to order it. Since I'm extremely impatient, and we're going to check out the Golfsmith that just opened near us, I'll be surprised if I get home tonight without one.

Kevin

I miss my employee discount from Golf Galaxy. If I still worked there I would become an OEM mini

It was time for a change. :)

I'm hopeless...

I envy you and all the others out there buying new irons! Damn my frugalness! LOL

Can't wait to hear about the X24's, it's the only iron Callaway has ever released that caught my attention.

I envy you and all the others out there buying new irons! Damn my frugalness! LOL

Can't wait to hear about the X24's, it's the only iron Callaway has ever released that caught my attention.
It's a disease, MO. I hope you never contract it. :)

Inspired by Fourputt, we went and bought the 11* Diablo Edge with a senior shaft for Junior Lancer that we've been contemplating. Got triple points at Golf Galaxy so eventually we'll get $30 buck worth of free stuff. Today was the soft opening at the new Golfsmith near us, but all I could get there was $10.00 off. Plus, we've been hitting it for weeks at GG, and it would have been pretty crappy to buy it elsewhere.

She's very excited to have the new driver, and more so that the Sumi-G headcover we won in a contest here fits. She does not like how hard the Diablo headcover is to get on and off. She loves her Sumi-G.

Kevin

Plus, we've been hitting it for weeks at GG, and it would have been pretty crappy to buy it elsewhere.
I like that kind of thinking! :thumb:

Inspired by Fourputt, we went and bought the 11* Diablo Edge with a senior shaft for Junior Lancer that we've been contemplating. Got triple points at Golf Galaxy so eventually we'll get $30 buck worth of free stuff. Today was the soft opening at the new Golfsmith near us, but all I could get there was $10.00 off. Plus, we've been hitting it for weeks at GG, and it would have been pretty crappy to buy it elsewhere.

She's very excited to have the new driver, and more so that the Sumi-G headcover we won in a contest here fits. She does not like how hard the Diablo headcover is to get on and off. She loves her Sumi-G.

Kevin

That head cover is just about the poorest design ever. It's actually pretty easy to pull off with the silly little handle they incorporated into the top, but it takes both hands to pull it back on... you have to brace the club against something and even then it's difficult. I have a no name, no brand driver head cover with magnetic closures that is a snap to get on and off... that's what I'm using, and then nobody looks twice at my bag.

That head cover is just about the poorest design ever. It's actually pretty easy to pull off with the silly little handle they incorporated into the top, but it takes both hands to pull it back on... you have to brace the club against something and even then it's difficult. I have a no name, no brand driver head cover with magnetic closures that is a snap to get on and off... that's what I'm using, and then nobody looks twice at my bag.

The TM R9 headcovers are even worse. Theyre even harder to get on and have nothing to grab onto when pulling them off. And the SuperTri and SuperFast arent any better.

I ordered a set of Callaway X-24 irons and a Jaws wedge today.

will be one of the best purchases you make and i'd bet you're going to be thrilled with these ... the upgrades from the x22 are subtle but substantial ...

compared to the x22s, the x24s are slightly longer heel to toe, but retain the thinner topline and sole (relatively for the x series) ...

aesthetically the finish is amazing ... you won't believe how great until you see it ... truly ...

interestingly the stock uniflex shafts have an initial launch almost identical to the x22 irons (as per launch monitor) but the ball speed is higher and so the distance about 5 yards more for every club ... this is also probably due to the face being thinner (callaway calling it hotter) ...

also a traditional ferrule is going to appeal to a lot of people and just looks better ...

at such a great price ... with even better performance ... these irons do everything you want irons to do ... and i can't see how anyone won't absolutely love them ... i'm putting then in play at thunder hill again tomorrow ...

jaws wedges i can't comment on though as i play vokeys and clevelands ... but the jaws spin is supposed to be legitimately impressive ... and doesn't rip the covers up ... still might pick some of these up later this season ...

enjoy the x24s when you get them ...:thumb:

will be one of the best purchases you make and i'd bet you're going to be thrilled with these ... the upgrades from the x22 are subtle but substantial ...

compared to the x22s, the x24s are slightly longer heel to toe, but retain the thinner topline and sole (relatively for the x series) ...

aesthetically the finish is amazing ... you won't believe how great until you see it ... truly ...

interestingly the stock uniflex shafts have an initial launch almost identical to the x22 irons (as per launch monitor) but the ball speed is higher and so the distance about 5 yards more for every club ... this is also probably due to the face being thinner (callaway calling it hotter) ...

also a traditional ferrule is going to appeal to a lot of people and just looks better ...

at such a great price ... with even better performance ... these irons do everything you want irons to do ... and i can't see how anyone won't absolutely love them ... i'm putting then in play at thunder hill again tomorrow ...

jaws wedges i can't comment on though as i play vokeys and clevelands ... but the jaws spin is supposed to be legitimately impressive ... and doesn't rip the covers up ... still might pick some of these up later this season ...

enjoy the x24s when you get them ...:thumb:

You have a set of the x-24's already vicar?

You have a set of the x-24's already vicar?

I pray you all,
If you have hitherto concealed this sight,
Let it be tenable in your silence still.

And whatsoever else shall hap to-night,
Give it an understanding but no tongue.

-- William Shakespeare

:shut-mouth:

:confused2::callaway:

:confused2::callaway:

"To keep your secret is wisdom; but to expect others to keep it is folly."
-- Samuel Johnson

i know you understand ...

anyway they'll be available for everyone soon enough ...

I looked at the order page for a bit today before closing the page. 3-4 weeks is too long haha

I won a $50 gimme card to pgatoursuperstore.com a couple weeks ago. I went online to see what they had and found a Nike Brassie Women's Cart bag reg $200 for $90. After I applied my gimme card, I only had to pay $40 + $5 shipping. It's supposed to be here today!

I won a $50 gimme card to pgatoursuperstore.com a couple weeks ago. I went online to see what they had and found a Nike Brassie Women's Cart bag reg $200 for $90. After I applied my gimme card, I only had to pay $40 + $5 shipping. It's supposed to be here today!

I might just take her old almost new ogio bag. It's smaller than my big old Cobra bag and would be much easier to get around with on our upcomig trips! Now I'm taking the hand me downs from KellyBo :eek:) :banana:

Picked up an OnPar GPS yesterday on the cheap from the bay. Will let you know know how it works out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back