Project X LZ Shaft - #TheGrandaddy Edition

Don: for the golfer that prefers playing driver at 45 1/4 or 45 1/2, what would the impact be if butt trimming?

or 44.25 for that matter... Great question Cookie!

or 44.25 for that matter... Great question Cookie!

Think I actually misspoke as I've been trimming mine minus 45" I think so it'll be great to hear what happens when taking 1-2" off of this.

Much appreciated Don, thank you!

Think I actually misspoke as I've been trimming mine minus 45" I think so it'll be great to hear what happens when taking 1-2" off of this.

I had a hunch you might have...

Don: for the golfer that prefers playing driver at 45 1/4 or 45 1/2, what would the impact be if butt trimming?

Cookie-

There is nothing in the LZ technology that should affect the way you tip your driver shaft versus how you tipped other shafts you have played. Obviously most shafts get trimmed for installation so we accounted for that in the design.

DB

Perfect, appreciate it Don!

I don't like the idea of cutting into this beauty but if past experience holds true then it's a likely need.

Ok so I have this beautiful shaft and came in here for some education. I tried watching the video and can't get it to play for whatever reason. Anyone feel like helping identify what I have here.

In the graphics I see..... 7.0. 64gr. LZ18. 3.8(looks like a degree symbol). And the writing is in blue.

After some research my main question is. Am I man enough to hit this thing? My swing speed is in the low 90's. I play a stiff Kuro kage in my x2hot currently.

Its so pretty!

Ok so I have this beautiful shaft and came in here for some education. I tried watching the video and can't get it to play for whatever reason. Anyone feel like helping identify what I have here.

In the graphics I see..... 7.0. 64gr. LZ18. 3.8(looks like a degree symbol). And the writing is in blue.

After some research my main question is. Am I man enough to hit this thing? My swing speed is in the low 90's. I play a stiff Kuro kage in my x2hot currently.

Its so pretty!
Regardless of all those fancy numbers, just go swing the thing. Only one way to find out!

(I believe the 7.0 is X flex, and 64 grams is the weight--3.8 might be the torque, but that means nothing to me).

I would say that it might be a bit stiff for what you are used to but like Pete said, go swing it!

Pete's right though, the 7.0 is what most companies would call and x-stiff and the 64 is the weight and 3.8 is the torque. Torque is how the shaft resists twisting in the downswing. So the higher the number the more resistant the shaft is to twisting from the weight of the clubhead.

I would say that it might be a bit stiff for what you are used to but like Pete said, go swing it!

Pete's right though, the 7.0 is what most companies would call and x-stiff and the 64 is the weight and 3.8 is the torque. Torque is how the shaft resists twisting in the downswing. So the higher the number the more resistant the shaft is to twisting from the weight of the clubhead.

I thought it was the opposite? Though I may be reading number and degrees wrong here.

Lower the degrees of torque (ie:3.0) is less resistant to twisting compared to higher degrees of torque (ie:4.0).

I thought it was the opposite? Though I may be reading number and degrees wrong here.

Lower the degrees of torque (ie:3.0) is less resistant to twisting compared to higher degrees of torque (ie:4.0).
I think you are reading it wrong. the lower the number the easier it is to get the shaft to twist. the higher the number the more difficult it is to get the shaft to twist.

That is the actual shaft rotating and not the shaft bending. So it's the rotation around the vertical axis of the shaft. If that makes sense.

I think you are reading it wrong. the lower the number the easier it is to get the shaft to twist. the higher the number the more difficult it is to get the shaft to twist.

That is the actual shaft rotating and not the shaft bending. So it's the rotation around the vertical axis of the shaft. If that makes sense.

So 4.0 degrees of torque will twist less than a 3.0?

So 4.0 degrees of torque will twist less than a 3.0?

Alright. I misunderstood it. Haha. That's what I love about this place. You are right. the lower the number the less it will twist. I knew when I was reading it, it was a little funny.

Alright. I misunderstood it. Haha. That's what I love about this place. You are right. the lower the number the less it will twist. I knew when I was reading it, it was a little funny.

No worries at all. I wasn't sure what you meant by "higher" which was the only reason I asked haha.

Its so pretty!
Yeah you got the big dog. Like Pete and Dan said though, go give her some swings! If it seems too much for ya, there's a couple other new owners of the same shaft, maybe one has a higher swing speed with a softer shaft and would be up for a trade.

Thanks guys, I am hoping to get to the range tomorrow
3e3e5d9f1bdd6b0260b77b815248e9f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I am hoping to get to the range tomorrow
3e3e5d9f1bdd6b0260b77b815248e9f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope it treats ya well. Gosh that looks just amazing.

Played 18 with the LZ today and really enjoyed it. The shaft seems so accurate and loads very nicely. Combined with the Alpha 815 I feel like I've got a very forgiving fairway finder. After today, I have nothing but good things to say about this shaft.

Has anyone tried both the stock speeder and the LZ shaft in the 815? What were the differences?

Has anyone tried both the stock speeder and the LZ shaft in the 815? What were the differences?

I've got both. Feel isn't too much different but the LZ definitely is a little more stable and stiff than the 565. With the 565 I missed a lot of shots right and the the LZ just doesn't have the same issues.

The maiden voyage. Oh how sweet it is!

5db62a748ff17ca3a5c9cab0fe2e2abf.jpg

Can't wait to hear how you like it! It took me a few swings for it to grow on me, but now I'm a big fan.

Awesome! I sure can't wait to give mine a good go this spring...if it ever gets here. C'mon mother nature!

Back