The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have reference he is only 8 months. I said young so I thought that was understood, but I should have been more specific.

That makes sense. Sorry I didn't understand you earlier....I'm still recovering from seeing half of Boston in our ER over the past week or so. I'm really happy to finally have a day off today.

I have an infection around one of my wisdom teeth. One day I will suck it up and get them pulled it cant be much more painful than this infection right?
Had mine pulled in college and had minimal swelling and zero bruising.

Having an excuse to eat mashed potatoes and pudding at every meal for 2-3 days made it worth it for me. :)

I have an infection around one of my wisdom teeth. One day I will suck it up and get them pulled it cant be much more painful than this infection right?
I had literally no pain when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I wouldn't mess around with infections on/around your teeth. That stuff can travel to your heart.

I had literally no pain when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I wouldn't mess around with infections on/around your teeth. That stuff can travel to your heart.

Yea that is what I am afraid of. They wont pull them until this infection clears up. First time it has happened and never had an issue/been told I needed to get them pulled before. Will be getting it done soon though

Contest threads with a link that give the thread starter bonus entries. Instead of calling the thread "Win such and such", it should be titled "Help Me Win such and such".

There is an original link to the "contest", why not just use that. People who click on the OP's bonus link basically hurt themselves whenever they enter since they are giving extra entries to someone else. Most THPers post original links to contests and don't try to get bonus entries from THPers.

This obviously doesn't bother everyone, but it is a rant of mine! It reminds me of those awful FreeBirdie things that used to get posted here.

The Official Rant of the Day

Being too busy at work today to keep up with the great Demo Day coverage.

Contest threads with a link that give the thread starter bonus entries. Instead of calling the thread "Win such and such", it should be titled "Help Me Win such and such".

There is an original link to the "contest", why not just use that. People who click on the OP's bonus link basically hurt themselves whenever they enter since they are giving extra entries to someone else. Most THPers post original links to contests and don't try to get bonus entries from THPers.

This obviously doesn't bother everyone, but it is a rant of mine! It reminds me of those awful FreeBirdie things that used to get posted here.
If I had the choice between entering, or entering and helping out a fellow thper, I would want to help a buddy out every time.

Duke has been crying all day. He has finally settled down and is now sleeping. So of course it's almost 2pm and time for his afternoon medication so I have to wake him up.

Duke has been crying all day. He has finally settled down and is now sleeping. So of course it's almost 2pm and time for his afternoon medication so I have to wake him up.
Never wake a sleeping dog right? Kinda like the sleeping baby thing

He took his meds like a champ and came into my office and laid down in the sun.

bb82f61f141ed43bdc6c339e668c7d24.jpg

If I had the choice between entering, or entering and helping out a fellow thper, I would want to help a buddy out every time.

I would too. But I would want to know I'm doing so

That is all fine and good and commendable. But posting a link and not telling anyone that that is what you are doing is kinda out there.

And if it is ok, then why the nearly forum-wide hatred of those FreeBirdie threads a couple years ago when it was doing the same thing? And compared to not telling people what you were doing when you click that link, it was actually better because the guy told you why he was posting them. Those threads became something we didn't allow anymore.

That is all fine and good and commendable. But posting a link and not telling anyone that that is what you are doing is kinda out there.

And if it is ok, then why the nearly forum-wide hatred of those FreeBirdie threads a couple years ago when it was doing the same thing? And compared to not telling people what you were doing when you click that link, it was actually better because the guy told you why he was posting them. Those threads became something we didn't allow anymore.

I am not a huge fan of contests in general that is why I stay out of most of them. To many take a contest more serious than it should be and it ruins the fun in it to me. Even if you have one person complaining over a contest that is one to many for my taste. It is for an item or experience you dont have/get that normally you win for free or severely discounted appreciate that companies/people even give you an opportunity to have a chance at that stuff.

That was tied to the same thing but not fully. On your note I agree if someone is linking their entry it is fine but they should put a disclaimer that is what they are doing.

Welcome to my world.

i am sure being out in the cold for hours yesterday at the slopes watching her brother, s-i-l, nephews and friends ski/snowboard didn't help her situation. Fortunately her mom will be around to help her over the weekend while we are in sunny orlando.

A rant thread? Oh, man this.....grrrr /rant.on

I show up to Montreal Trudeau International Airport yesterday morning for work, the last day of my trip with a flight back to ORD, it's snowing, it's the first flight of the day which requires about 30 minutes extra work for me before passengers can board. Canadian's version of the TSA has a dedicated CREW line to supposedly allow us to expedite through security. The line is completely full with regular passengers. I ask the person checking our credentials if we can go around in order to get to the plane. No. What? It says CREW MEMBERS on the sign for this line. "That is not my decision." So we wait 25 minutes in line....BEHIND OUR PASSENGERS. But wait, there's more.
Now we get to US Customs. Again, a dedicated crew line awaits to expedite us through customs. We are the only crew members in the line at this time. Customs agents proceed to call regular passengers and the NEXUS Global Entry passengers ahead of us. For 10 minutes. We stand there. Our flight now leaves in 25 minutes, and we aren't even through Customs. I finally wave and politely ask if we can get through at which point a US Customs officer proceeds to come over and lecture me loudly in front of passengers as to how this is a privilege and they are not required to expedite crew members through. What? Are you kidding? When did common sense and professional courtesy just get dumped in the trash? /rant.off

I was somehow put in charge of drilling holes into cement all afternoon at work, so that we could insert rebar in prep for tomorrow's pour. My entire body is in pain, an entire afternoon of vibrating manual labor destroyed this guy who normally sits at a computer all day.

It was fun, but I feel as though I might not be able to function at all tomorrow due to the pain.

I was somehow put in charge of drilling holes into cement all afternoon at work, so that we could insert rebar in prep for tomorrow's pour. My entire body is in pain, an entire afternoon of vibrating manual labor destroyed this guy who normally sits at a computer all day.

It was fun, but I feel as though I might not be able to function at all tomorrow due to the pain.

Hot shower and a Tylenol will work wonders. Aches in your hands may last a couple days. Specifically around your knuckles.

Hot shower and a Tylenol will work wonders. Aches in your hands may last a couple days. Specifically around your knuckles.

Luckily I downed 2 tylenol about an hour into doing the job. The hot shower when I got home felt amazing!

I would really love to get my appetite back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back