THP TV w/ Roger Cleveland Talks Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Phil's misspent youth haha. How cool is RC. Looking forward to seeing this wedge in person.

Great info from the legend himself.

Cool seeing Roger too.

That was probably my favorite THP TV segment ever. Great job, Dean.

The reasoning and tech behind this wedge has me interested to give these a shot.

Some knowledge passed along there!
Good stuff Dean and Roger!

really good interview. RC is a true legend in the industry. very good knowledge and info dropped in this video.

Excellent interview. Loved the part about how he constructed the first prototype for Phil.

Can't wait to get one of these in the bag. The design just makes sense to me...

Last edited:
Gotta love a guy who gives a solid 3+ minute answer to one simple question. That was my fist time seeing it and man I think it came out really well. Oh and doing it on the new set of Callaway Talks just adds to it. Big thanks to Mr. Cleveland for being so generous with his time. Oh and I kind of want this wedge.

Great interview! Explained a lot about the wedge, the design and reasoning behind it. Roger is the man!

That was a great explanation of the design of this wedge. Roger makes it all sound so simple.

That was excellent, RC makes it so even a hillbilly like myself can understand the science behind it. Well done dean.....A Player :)

I can't wait to see these in person, they look so different, and oh that face!

Seems like that design would help hit flop shots out of the rough without going under them. Interesting, I would like to try one (now I have to learn to hit a flop shot period).

Roger Cleveland has forgotten more about wedges than I will ever learn. Such a great interview and easy to see why Callaway brought him on board when they did.

Thank you THP & Dean for that interview.

I was struck by his humble nature. He wanted to make sure he praised Phil for his help with this club.Heck, this is Roger Cleveland!!! I am guessing he can figure it out on his own.Great companies are usually full of good people allowed to do their best. I have not always been a big Cableway fan but this got my attention.

May have been the best interview during the show. Mr Cleveland is just awesome and Dean may or may not have blacked out for a minute or two during it all.

Great interview Dean. Mr Cleveland seems like such a great guy, real down to earth.

I absolutely loved this interview. Roger Cleveland has a great way of explaining and Dean did a great job to know when to ask something and when to sit back and let the man go to town. Just awesome stuff.

Really enjoyed listening to Roger describe why Phil wanted this designed in this manner. 85MPH SS on a short lob shot? Holy!

Was cool hearing how they cut the wedges in half and welded together and that really got things going. Pretty crazy how the bounce was moved so far back to allow for a wide open angle to not catch the turf.

Roger's knowledge of how wedges work why they do is just incredible....so much damn information.

Wow. That was a great interview. So much information.

Bravo! Dean you absolutely killed it buddy! One of the best interviews I've seen on THP! It's one you've got to listen to a few times to soak it all in. Knowledge bombs all over the place!

I am really looking forward to trying this one out in my highest loft wedge. I have been critical of the latest Callaway line of wedges for my personal game due mainly because of a look I am just uncomfortable with as it perstains to versatility, but these are in a different boat. While at the show and talking to Koske, I was holding the wedge and just staring it at before "action" was called and the entire thing just fits my eye (which is weird considering the wedge).

Great information and interview. I could listen to Roger talk about wedges all day. Well done Dean!

Finally got to see this video, and it immediately brought me back to California and my 20 minute one-on-one short game session with Mr Cleveland. He not only gave me some advice on technique, but did it in a way that instilled CONFIDENCE in my ability to hit shots around the green. That 20 minutes absolutely changed me as a golfer.

I'm excited about the technology and function of this wedge. I think I can absolutely find a spot for it as my high lofted wedge.

Back