Could You Hit a Par 3 Left Handed (or RH for Lefties)?

I have practiced hitting a turned over left handed shot, and once in awhile get it out to about 100 yds but it rarely goes where I'm aiming. Using a left handed club could be a bit easier but given I'm pretty much retarded doing anything left handed ...

It would be a fun challenge though and may be a good way to even out muscle imbalances from swinging from one side all the time. I may have to go to Goodwill and see what I can find. :clap:

I don't think I could. This reminds me of the time about five years ago, I let a young man home from college borrow my three iron on the range and he hit it much better than I did, 240 high and straight. He has since played on a NCAA championship team at Alabama then turned pro and this year is a caddy on tour. He made it through q school two years ago but not this past fall. He's a great young man and quiet an athlete.

Nope. I've tried swinging a friend's driver right-handed and I whiffed. Second time, toe hit and went about 10 yards. I've actually had to swing RH with one of my irons and that worked much better.

I've parred a par 4 from the red tees once in my life. In HS, we would always play the last practice hole opposite handed. No trouble on the hole. Decent drive, lucky approach, chutt, putt. I think a par 3 would be more difficult, but I think I could make par 1 out of 10 balls if I could hit the tee shots back to back.

haven't tried, don't think i could, and would definitely video it if i did attempt.

I was always a better baseball hitter LH than RH, and I was really good right handed.

I'd be willing to give it a whirl. As long as you had a widescreen lens on your camera.

With driver? maybe to probably not, but iron/wedge? No way

We are seeing alot more RH people putting left-hand low

Fun idea and something a will but a little practice into. I shoot left handed playing hockey and hit left handed at baseball so I think there is a chance but likely a very slim one.

I've tried hitting lefty with my friends clubs on the range before. I didn't think it was too hard and I made decent contact everytime. That being said the ball went everywhere and I doubt I'd break 100 if I tried playing a round lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be able to do 100 yards or more if I practiced, but that's because I am weird and for some reason I am left handed for hockey and right handed for everything else. So swinging left handed isn't as foreign to me as other right handers lol.
Ha ha. Same for me. Played hockey lefthanded, but righty in the other sports. (well was also a decent switch hitter in baseball). If the hole were easy enough and it was possible to run the ball on I don't think it would take a ton of tries to hit it lefty. Just use a long club and split your bottom hand down the shaft hockey style and line/roll it toward the green.

Haha I saw the title and immediately was going to say that Canadan cannot.. Haha And no chance I could do it RH.

Haha I saw the title and immediately was going to say that Canadan cannot.. Haha And no chance I could do it RH.

In due time, friend. In due time.

Don't show my video. hush now.

No way unless it was pure luck. I have been in 2 tournaments where you had to tee off with an opposite handed club. The majority of people can't even make contact much less hit the green. Best shot I can remember was a 50 yard topped ball. Freaking hard

In due time, friend. In due time.

Don't show my video. hush now.
Without the actual contact, your LH swing is just as pretty as your RH swing which is pretty weird. *searches for video*

No chance I could hit the green lefty.

My mind says "I could manage with a forgiving club" but I'm sure my body would show otherwise. I'd definitely be willing to give it a shot for the masses to chuckle over!

No. I probably wouldn't even get the ball off the ground.

I have a hard enough time hitting par three's right handed how the heck am I suppose to do it left handed?
This ^^
I am starting to hit the ball left handed (with a right handed club), tho, but not with any goal other than to get a ball out of the desert.

Without the actual contact, your LH swing is just as pretty as your RH swing which is pretty weird. *searches for video*

It's a good thing i went full fritatta after the the sWardy commentary began.

It's a good thing i went full fritatta after the the sWardy commentary began.
Yeah, it was pretty up until contact... Lol

I doubt I could do it but would love to give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back